OK niggers, computer building thread...

OK niggers, computer building thread, im gonna say what i have selected to build and you tell me why its gonna be a shit rig or godly. Purpose for the machine is primarily going to be gaming.

>>CPU: i7-6700K speed- 4.0GHz quad core TDP:91W
>>Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87 - Form Factor ATX max RAM 32GB 4slots
>>Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X series, Speed DDR3-1866 240-pin DIMM, CAS 8, Modules 2x4GB, Size 8GB
>>Video card: EVGA 04G-P4-2983-KR, Chipset Geforce GTX 980, mem 4GB
>>Power supply: Corsair AX760, 80+ plat, 760W full modular
>>OS: Windows 10 64Bit

so? shit rig or am i missing anything pertinent. i already have things like my monitor and Opt drive picked out.

Also ITT post your rigs

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/skylake-does-not-support-ddr3-damage-ddr3l-only/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not bad, op
i would say to get 16 GB of ram, just for the hell of it

to me, that is the only thing lackluster about what you picked

all the best, bud!

Why not a gtx 10xx vid card?

Unless you're going for Linux, go with an AMD. Much better performance for price than NVidia.

Aye and fun with the terrible drivers that come with that cheap shit

[Citation needed]

just going off customer reviews. gtx better?

That looks pretty nice OP, although I would also go with 16gb of ram, this is mine, keep in mind im a poorfag this is about 2 - 3 years of saving, (i7 4770k, 16gb of ram, r9 270, razer naga amd kraken pros, steelseries apex raw and an asus*random number* 144hz 1ms 1080p monitor) and i know I need to clean up this pic was for a thread which op requested no cleaning up, and ik I need a gpu upgrade

the gtx 10XX series cards are the newer version of nvidia cards

have you had a card from both brands? I did not notice a difference really. AMD's drivers work fine

terrible drivers? what denotes a terrible driver? I've never had any issue whatsoever from AMD's drivers over the course of the last 6 or 7 years

What monitors does Sup Forums recommend? Not sure if 4k hype is really all they say it is.

any $100+ 1080p monitor really

144hz acer gn246hl
goes for ~150

HD? Get an ssd for OS at least

you aint running 4k with any desirable frame rate at 4k on AMD. SLI 1080 or 980ti or nothing

OP here, the monitor I chose is

LG 34UC87C: 3440 x 1440, 34", 5ms response time.

get a 1060 or rx480 instead of a 980

*VA panels > all

imo

1440p, only thing you have to decide on is 16:9 or 21:9, I would recommend 21:9

except OLED and plasma.. but we're not there yet.

spring for IPS unless you have a legit need for a TN panel.

So you're going to put a socket 1151 CPU into a socket 1150 Motherboard? That'll be fun to watch...

Isn't the 6700k LGA1151 and the Z87LGA 1150...?
Am I tard thats missing something?

Would have preferred win 7 over 10.

980 + 4K monitor is ok most the time, except you want to play crysis 3 or GTAV in ultra

Right now running this graphics card: Radeon R9 280 DirectX. Any advice on upgrade for my amd rig?

lol I thought I was the only one that noticed this. OP make sure your mobo and cpu are compatible. You want X99 or Z170?

www.pcpartpicker.com

why are you not in Sup Forums

this

because Sup Forums is literally the only reason i come to Sup Forums.... other boards exsist?

thats actually the site im on while tweakign the rig i want lol

rolling dubs and not owning a 1080
>2016 being this new.
kys.

rolling trips when im talking shit. actualy legit pc? what was total price?

jot just dubs, also got tripps, check those nigger cunt. but you are right. i will an hero on the rig once it arrives. i guess twitch stream?

literally over 2k gonna regret the purchase later but fuck it, for now. i got the money so i want something top of the line at least once in my life. lol

whats your max budget OP? Also are you sold on the 6700k with 16 pcie lanes or do you ever plan to SLI video cards and get an m.2 drive then consider a 5930k with 40 lanes. X99 would be my recommendation unless youre on a budget.

i7 is overkill for your build and especially for gaming. Just get an i5. Also the 980 is a bad choice bang for the buck wise. Go with an rx480 for similar performance at a cheaper price. Or bump it up to a 1070.

not really a budget. i guess if you NEED a number, dont go over 5k

Samefag as before^
Your ram has to be ddr4 to work with the newest CPUs. Just get 16 gigs of corsair ram for about $75.

Any thoughts on the Intel NUC? I'm actually kinda interested in getting one

holy shit dude. if your'e willing to spend up to the 5k ballpark you are severely limiting yourself with this build

I don't see why'd you go for an i7. Hardly any games can take advantage of that, and most run fully well with i5. Unless you're actually planning on doing something other than masturbate and play Fall of Duty Field 7 on 69 fps.

ddr4 is damn near the only thing they offer on this site but you named literally the one i had checked.

Honestly, (incoming mistake) I am not looking to play fall of duty but the only shooter i wanted to play was overwatch but im mainly in for final fantasy 14 and highest possible graphics and still able to end game raid.

also don't get the 760i. While some corsair models are good like the 1500i. They are not all the same OEM. Trust me OP go with the G2 or P2 series from EVGA. Manufactured by seasonic and superflower

>i7 6700k
>Only a 980.
Don't be retarded, get a 1070 or 1080.
>Lga 1151 socket cpu with 1150 mobo
Have fun breaking shit

Ram should be ok, modular PSUs are nice to have also. The build is alright, If you're on a se budget I'd get an i5 instead and put the money towards a better GPU. Also make sure the cpu and mobo socket types are the same,

In that case i7 is overkill. And graphics mostly depend on GPU (the *graphics* processing unit), so might as well downgrade the cpu and upgrade the gpu.

Don't fuck with 4k unless you have the specs to run it. Get a 1440p.

I have no idea what you just said.
wccftech.com/skylake-does-not-support-ddr3-damage-ddr3l-only/

Source^^ in case you doubted me.
Skylake is incompatible with ddr3 so luck finding a motherboard that supports both