Shitty Central america

What is it like?
Worse than mexico?
Why is their so much mob justice?
Why are you not a part of Mexico?
Will your countries get better or stay the same?

>What is it like?
I dunno
>Worse than mexico?
Yes in some areas
>Why is their so much mob justice?
Corruption
>Why are you not a part of Mexico?
The collapse of the Mexican Empire and the weak republic that followed that couldn't hold to all of the territory, they thought being one country themselves would be better, well we now see how that turned out
>Will your countries get better or stay the same?
Some are already better, they will get better, I have my doubts about 2 of them but ok in general

I've heard that Nicaragua hates Mexicans more than any other country in the continent, maybe even more than the US. Wew.

>Why are you not a part of Mexico?
Literally the same reason why we have Texas and California. Mexico went through a succession of civil wars and revolutions during the 19th and early 20th centuries which left them unable to effectively administer their frontier territories.

Maybe you should have paid attention in high school US history instead of shitposting on Sup Forums.

You're going to get a lot of mexicans saying it was part of Mexico but it wasn't. It was part of New Spain. Once mexico declared itself an independent empire Central America refuted its claims on it from the start. Central America was never mexican. New Spain /= mexico

friendly reminder that those countries are considered to be in north america by the gringos

No one realizes the extent of US involvement in that region. Real involvement not liberal memes

They were part of mexico
But im not even surprised, the american education meme is real

Wow...

I never knew that Mexico got fucked in the ass so hard..

Everything went to shit when we couldn't agree how to run the country, before that there was a plan for us to take over Cuba and the Hispaniola island to end Spanish influence on the area, but civil wars and the Americans came later

Mexico is however the succesor state of New Spain and it's culture which did revolve around the kingdom of Mexico, much the same as the US is the succesor to the thirteen colonies or Iran is the succesor of Persia.

It isn't quite as clean cut as you're making it out to be.

That picture proves Nothing literally. Why don't you understand mexico wasn't new spain. That picture lasted for two years, Two Years. And Mexico never controlled Central America or had it as part of the country, just had a claim on it as mexican empire wanted all of former New Spain. Why don't mexicans ever admit this they literally teach your children false history to feel better. Don't make me pull out actual articles

This poster has it right. The US already had institutions in place for running its own affairs when it gained indepedence (the colonies had mostly been running themselves since their inception). Contrast this with Spanish colonies where all the people running the show (the peninsulares) had to come directly from Spain itself and you can start to understand how things began to fall apart once Spain was out of the picture.

Basically, the US already had centuries of experience and tradition when it came to running itself by the time independence was achieved but Mexico had to figure all that shit out post-independence.

literally why? we didn du nuffin to any other spic shithole in history 2bh

You're right in that desu.
But the same goes to mexicans who insist Central America was mexico

>Literally the same reason why we have Texas and California.
Nope, we let one decide to leave without a fight given that they were somwhat independent in the times of New Spain, and the other was invaded by illegal immigrants and another nation.

Mexico started in 1917

We did invade Guatemala a couple of times and agree to the Belize deal without considering them
United provinces of Central America also existed for a few years, fucking countries had existed for only days and they were full nations on all the rights
They were for a short time part of our national recognized territory

>fucking countries had existed for only days and they were full nations on all the rights
'no'

What are you talking about, I love Mexico!

Guatemalans are cucks who've always wanted to be part of Mexico.

What I mean to say is in Central America there never existed a acknowledgement of Mexican authority. And there was never mexican rule since the Guatemalan troops were defeated that were sent by mexico.

Not exactly right, Mexico was an important administrative center, it iddi manage the affairs of the Philipines for instance and while the Viceroy and members of the Real Audiencia were all peninsulares it was criollos who ade up the bulk of the bureaucracy.

The problem in Mexico wasn't "figuring" things out but infighting in an era in which conservatives were still for monarchy and centralized government while liberals wanted a federal republic. Mexico even fought two wars on separation of church and state, you're oversimplifying.

See the Capitania de Guatemala was largely autonomopus but still dependant on the Real Audiencia de México, central American elites were largely Mexican (as in from the kingdom of Mexico) it wasn't as if a region with no tradition of autonomous rule made the transition to independence as soon as it was declared in Mexico. To this day large aspects of their culture (eg cuisine) find their roots in the culture of Mexico as it existed through the Novohispano period.

It's the same as pretending Mexican culture itself is not largely derived from that of Spain. Mexico did not srung out of nothing fully formed as a cultural tradition on independence nor did people change their culture and habits overnight.

>Kingdom of Mexico

Why is this so funny?

Same essential problem at the end of the day: Mexico wasn't organized effectively enough to hold on to its territories on the periphery so it lost them to annexation and secession.

True, I am oversimplifying things a bit for the dumb American OP. The main point I'm trying to get across is that the differences in the way Spanish and British colonies were organized and administrated in the New World contributed to the wildly different outcomes post-independence. I did not mean to offend.

We were in that for two fucking years. We were never identified as mexican. The american is right.

>We did invade Guatemala a couple of times
When?
>Guatemalans are cucks who've always wanted to be part of Mexico.
No we don't you fucking ignoramus. I don't know anyone that thinks that. Some people here see mexicans as we see other neighbors and people get along well.

And you were off to form this monstrosity
Santa Anna annexed Soconusco and parts of Peten way back, its obviously shadowed by his failures in the Texas revolution

>monstrosity
No, that is an actual nation. We shoukd have never separated.

>annexed
You did stole us that. But it wasn't a military victory or anything and nobody died because it was dealt with negotiations.
Who gives a shit, you only got jungle and we kept the good parts (mayan ruins)

Relax lad, you separated because another inept government unable to keep the nation stable, it was doomed to collapse, > wasn't a military victory, no one to defeat, you were on a internal civil war, thats why Chiapas chose to come back, and when that thing ended its fall into abism we annexed Soconusco

I bet Los Altos would have gone to your territory too if they had more time before we invaded them. Maybe Guatemala would be a much smaller nation or even another mexican state if you went full apeshit on us and gringolandia hadn't fucked you up.

Well 1958 was a close call to that
Lets not do that again

By that time gringos wouldn't have allowed that since they had many investments here and they were the world police especially in "their backyard". This will never happen again, we have much more strong ties now.