This is why people is better without god

this is why people is better without god...
and no, earth is not flat.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_medieval_universities
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That graph is suspect

well, we all ended up with the same technology anyway

Is people better without grammar too?

1000 years later

You mean in an alternate history Shakespeare coulda used LibreOffice or some shit? Damn

I'm an atheist, but seriously, you don't think a graph from "nobeliefs.com" is a little biased?

Also, quantifying "scientific achievement" is seriously fucky. Does it have a numerical value?

actualy in the opinions of some members of the royal academy of languaje : yes
gramar make harder to write and not easyer to understand while reading.

You are retarded if you think Christianity caused the dark ages.

great according to that graph we dodged the 1st global warming bullet 1.5k years ago.

Agree, I would say the dark ages brought about the real power of the church, but not the other way around.

>s it have a numerical val
yes it does
the number of books published and discoverys in each area.

>Europe=entire globe
wew lad
Romans were Christian and had a shit ton of gods
Justinian led the Byzantines
Islam developed the proto-scientific method
Religion is an innate trait in our species fedora fag, better get used to it.

>t according to that graph we dodged the 1st global warming bullet 1.5k years ag
tecnology today allow people to use clean energy as wind and sun. so that is not a good argument

That is such a retarded way to quantify it. No peer reviewed journal worth shit would accept that.

>used the dark a
not just christianity but the church had a lot of political influence.

How the fuck do you put "scientific advancement" on a chart?

>Also
>christian dark ages
The dark ages part probably had more to do with it than the christian bit.

The middle east isn't a shithole because of islamism, islamism is so prevalent because the middle east is a shithole.

well first of all "books published" is NOT "scientific achievement", second, "discoveries" is extremely vague.

And yes, the church had influence, but refer to

The dark ages are largely exaggerated, too. Many great things emerged from that time. Agricultural breakthroughs, medical breakthroughs, all kinds of useful shit. Just viewed so negatively because of shit like the black plague.

>d say the dark ages brought about the real power of the church, but not the other way a
you are really saing that you cant cont knowladge useing the number of info you can pass to next generations?

Did your parents pass anything to your generation except autism?

>ages are largely exaggerated, too. Many great things emerged from that time. Agricultural breakthroughs, medical breakthroughs, all kinds of useful shit. Just viewed so negatively because of shit like the black pla
so you thing you are right because you insult me.
that is your limit.

Damnit, i just realized religion is the reason I'm not on my way to distant planet in my sweet intergalactic space cruiser.

indeed

IF PEOPLE IS BETTER WITHOUT GOD, WHY DO WE STILL USE A CHRISTIAN DATE CALENDAR? CHECKMATE YOU FUCKING AGNOSTIC. ALSO, TACOS.

I "thing" I am right because there are at least 10 people here telling you "you're wrong", and you are posting a graph from "nobeliefs.com".

And you barely speak English.

tushe.
but maya calendar could be used as well.
and no, it doesent say ther the world ended in 2012

my only problem with taco user is he's making me hungry

otherwise ALL HAIL TACO user

Lets all be advised, that THIS is the website this came from.

I feel the same way as this person.

THAT GRAPH IS EDGY AND MEANS U WEAR DUMB HATS

HAHA CHECKMATE ATHEISTS

WELL I HAVE 1,025 PIX OF TACOS, BUT ALL THE PLACES ARE CLOSED NOW AT 1AM, FUCKING MOUNTAIN TOWNS YOU KNOW. BUT ENJOY.

>ht because there are at least 10 people here telling you "you're wrong", and you are posting a graph from "nobeliefs.com".
>And you barely speak Eng
nice, come ant me bro,
i conut 4 not 10
and maube porly but i proved to speak more than one language.

>17 unique posters
>very little support for your graph
>ALL HAIL TACO user

Seriously though, all fuckin' hail taco user

"The most mathematically significant thing the Romans ever did was kill Archimedes."

>ELL I HAVE 1,025 PIX OF TACOS, BUT ALL THE PLACES ARE CLOSED NOW AT 1AM, FUCKING MOUNTAIN TOWNS YOU KNOW. BUT ENJ

you're retarded if you think the church threatening the families of people who didn't believe there was a magic sky king or the earth was flat, not to mention people who could prove it, DIDN'T contribute heavily to the mass stalling in human advancement. it would be like living in pakistan where people want to stone you to death for going out with a girl because they're religious zealots and you're making god angry. if you can't see that you really need to try to pull your head out of your ass.

I don't think anyone here is disputing that the catholic church was (and generally still is) a bunch of cunt blowing douchebags.

We're saying the graph is bullshit, and that the church isn't singlehandedly responsible for stalling the advancement of the WHOLE of humanity.

The graph is complete and utter bullshit for a multitude of reasons.

>Technological advancement cannot be measured in such a 1 dimensional way
>You flunked history class if you think there was no technological advancement in the dark ages
>Christianity existed before the dark ages and certainly wasn't the cause
>Do you even stained glass, bro?
>pic originated from a hilariously biased source, as other anons have pointed out

do you really need to put an entire wedge of lime INSIDE the taco?

also maybe be a bit more careful with your sauces so it doesn't look like a jizz explosion went off in your kitchen

NONE OF THESE ARE MINE SO YEAH.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_medieval_universities
How many of these were opened by Christian groups?

Either A or B is true

>user is time traveller

>user thinks he can interpret history better than everyone else for some reason

They're called the dark ages for a reason, bud. We don't know much about what went on.

So you get a fuckbot and I don't?

>"discoveries" is extremely vague
Just because he didn't write down a complete essay about it doesn't mean it's not possible. You could quantify it by such means as weighted sums of discoveries and inventions by their importance and revolutionary character.

>entire wedge of lime INSIDE the
yeah, i know,
i just wanted to make a polemic post that stay more that 5 minutes active,
so i achived mi goal. but dont say it to he thinks i really care about what people think

Hah.. Hah! Oh my god. Fucking kek.

>thinking clean energy is viable or will be viable any time soon

Whatever gets you off bud.

And that's perfect, but I'm fairly sure the graph doesn't take that into account does it?

>I'm fairly sure the graph doesn't take that into account
Oh i'm sure the graph is 100% pure cooked shit made up by a 12 year old. Im just saying.

actualy the number of published information is a good way to count sientific achivements because this way you count the sientific achivments documented. and those are the ones you can teach to new generations

ho yeah you are right is just a shiti image that i got on google images.
but i got you to discuss this so...

Still not a good method because most of it boils down to opinion, interpretation, and speculation.

yeha i know but at last people think. even if they dont think the way I do: they think.
and mankind need people to start doing it.

am i the only one getin dummer form reading this gois typin?

no

You are clearly very ignorant and lack all knowledge on this manner. Anyone who thoroughly knows history, specifically this era, knows that the term dark ages is just a misnomer. It's a term made up by some Roman-obsessed Renaissance man because he was pissed about Rome's downfall. I highly suggest you get your head out of your ass. You have no idea what you're talking about.

okay sure thing pal

next sunday tell god i said hi

What dude? That's your reply? I'm not religious. I don't practice any religions. I'm not even sticking up for Christianity. I'm simply informing you of your lack of info. Shit dude, you are an angry little boy.

because before "christian dark age" people were atheist right ?

Kekarooskies