why

Other urls found in this thread:

www55.zippyshare.com/v/00h1mxQ8/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

show me a better looking music player, I'll wait

it's ugly
you have to make a playlist with your library in it just to see your library

It can play FLACs and I can customize it to my hearts content

Seriously why do I have to add shit to a playlist every time I want to listen to something? MusicBee's way better for me. Foobar's more customisable but I didn't feel the need to change a thing with MusicBee. What can you add to Foobar that MusicBee doesn't already have?

It does sound better than other music players if you have better audio files idk how they did it but they did plus you can customize the shit out of it

I like foobar because of this. It makes it so the program doesn't have to load up your entire library each time like iTunes, just your file directory. Its super quick it feels like just scrolling through stuff on your HD.

Digging those 123-148kbps albums.

acting like 123-148 kps is all I have half my library is 1411 kps

*kbps correcting myself there

How well does foobar handle large libraries? Like 60,000+ files

mine only goes up to 5,000 but with all the organization you can do with it I would assume it would do it very neatly depending on how you go about using is

the best. see it's so lightweight I love foobar

>in the past
>analog vs digital arguments
>in the future
>my music player unlocks the full frequency potential of human hearing capabilities and gives my auditory files higher pleasurability points

there is way too much information than is necessary on there

how do you know what you want to listen to

I have a brain? Not sure what you mean. My setup is pretty much exactly like so I can scroll through my artists.

like I said you can customize the shit out of it that is just how I like mine you can make yours as clean or simple as you like it

linux/mac cucks will NEVER experience the beauty of winamp
hahahaha

you can customize how you want it to look, you do this by not being a brainlet and taking a few minutes to learn how to use it
also it plays all audio codecs, and can convert them, and can rip CDs, and can sinc with most devices, and people make tons of other addons for it

that would be great if custom skins were updated frequently and actually worked

I downloaded it since everyone praises the shit out of it. How the hell do I set this player up? I'm to stupid for this and just get confused.

I love foobar.

Start by ditching the default interface for ColumnsUI.

Literally the only thing I miss from Windows.

You can still run it in WINE.

i just open songs from a file directory i dont need this bloat.

everything about this image except Black Sabbath is revolting

still can't think of a reason to give up iTunes

one of maybe two foobar setups i've seen that doesn't look like shit

>clouds
>container
>rashad
>dozzy
>drexciya
>function
>gas
>shangaan
>jealous god
>sasu
>vynehall
>dettmann

P A T R I T I A N

still can't think of a reason to use itunes

do you use a mac?

Clementine has much better default layout, much better and informative file searching and all the other stuff that already exists in foobar.

It can't be riced as extensively, but who the fuck cares?

Clementine is also ugly as shit.

It's as ugly as default foobar, maybe a bit less.
I like them both because they are very functional and fast, not because they are pretty.

foobar doesn't gave to be ugly if you configure it right though.

That's true, but I don't care about it. It's not like I'm staring at the player while listening to music, I mostly just search up whatever album/songs i want to listen to, throw them into the playlist then move on with my business

Nice layout, how did you get that album view on the left?

>how
install it and pick one of the default skins
>why
it's fast because it doesn't try to do a million things i don't need it to do. it plays music. also, the playlist system is better than the unintuitive queues most media players use.

an extension called Columns UI

thanks and what nice basic channel and co. that you've got there. how is your ordering organized there, by label and release date?

I love foobar, it's a shame there is nothing like it for Linux

Clementine and Deadbeef are kind of close (you can certainly get Deadbeef to look like your foobar).

Also you can run foobar in Wine, but that's dumb.

I am on OSX so foobar and musicbee do not work
I use Google Music and how to edit meta data. however, it is just missing better sorting options..
also i can use imagus and zoom album covers in the browser

I'm pretty happy with Winamp despite it not being 2006

Deadbeef... I might give it a try. I've heard somewhere else it's kind of like foobar.

Thanks, I'd never have known what you meant if you hadn't done so

I've tried just about every single player out there, they don't come close. I use Clementine, but don't particularly love it. I tried Deadbeef several months ago and had a few problems with their rolling version, maybe I'll give it another go.

>using anything but mpd+ncmpcpp

I'd actually like to hear in which way they don't come close to you. For me Foobar and Clementine are pretty much interchangeable, apart from ricing, which I don't care for.

Way too much euphoric for me. However, foobar is more simple and that's what I want from a music player

i just use the "sort as" field in iTunes to group all the aliases of a given artist or group under the most recognizable alias. so here i just sort anything Moritz and Mark do together as Basic Channel

This is the player I made, what do y'all think?

I really like this one. I listened to that DJ Sprinkles DJ mix last night. I ended up buying it.

I like how the album looks in the middle.

bad color choice, decent layout.

had it for years, super simple, looks fine, and is functional

just realized we both have basically the same layout. good taste

>how
By putting functionality and customizability first instead of visuals.

>implying any music player looks better than a well customized foobar

what colors would you recommend?

i agree

you've got those tags wrong buddy
track 4 is Miranda, tracks 5-12 are Cassandra Gemini I-VIII

simple foobar is the best foobar

I know, it was like that when I downloaded it and I've been too lazy to fix it

ya its okay for you guys to be jealous...

yes that's a sublime mix, i really love it
>all that jazzy noodling in the midsection
>fader transitions in and out of Good Feeling

>have to traverse entire screen just to check genre and track duration
nice font and nice rose quartz & serenity colourway though

been fucking around with this all day, just found the transparency option

hey how much do clothes cost in the matrix

How do you get it set up like this? looks nice

what the fuck is everyone talking about, am I the only one who just opens foobar and then drags some music into it from a folder?

www55.zippyshare.com/v/00h1mxQ8/file.html

this is my foobar folder, when you start foobar you'll need to update the music folder location also in the DSPs I set up a dolby surround plugin for my headphones, you can remove them if it soujnds shitty on your speakers or whatever.

oh and here's my comfy wallpaper

hey thanks

i use steams music player because i like playing games and listening to music at the same time. foobar is ok but it eats up memory and it becomes difficult to play anything.

>plebians don't have a simple, dark music player that shows essential information in a small, compact space that has little footprint on system resources and scrobbles music.

i'm bad at customizing foobar how do you do this?

well not everyone here listens to deep, dark, nihilist music like handmade cities and red hot chillist peppers

ethered

>tfw no large waste of vertical space on the left margin of media player window to serve as a metaphor for my life

nobody else using dopamine?

Does it do anything better than Foobar?

its still under development and doesn't have seamless playback down yet for whatever reason but it does have scrobbling, etc and this neat minimal now playing screen

Unless you're a retard who doesn't know how to format it's by far the best music player

Is it like an in-between for Itunes and Foobar?
The only thing that could make me switch from Foobar is a better rice and plugin system.

it has no real customization other than theme color but it is open source i believe. not sure what sort of modifications people have made, haven't looked around

>tfw able to hide and show elements on the fly with a single click
feels good man.

who's AIMP here?

>album cover in 3 places
>track title in 4 places

minimalism is dead

>simple foobar

nothing better in life

Every time I turn off my computer I have to reset up foobar. What am i doing wrong?

yeah how tf did you do this
do I need to get addons from somewhere??

musicbee is king

>>>/thedaftclub/

>good looks
>zero functionality

JRiver has both, looks pretty nice, and has the best organization options I've used.

>duration before song title
ok im triggered

i like it

good music + comfy shades of green
gj user