Beach Boys
Burzum
The Velvet Underground
Animal Collective

Limp Bizkit

U2

Death Grips, Cardiacs, The Fiery Furnaces, Sufjan Stevens
most somewhat experimental "pop"

Hail to the Thief and King of Limbs were awful albums! Many experts agree. Stupid!

Fixed

Healthy young Thom makes an experimental album, gets exposed to large quantities of loneliness and antisocial behavior - AUTISM. Many such cases!

lmao

harsh but true

my dubs confirm

Literally contrarian valley

t. scaruffi drone

Most artsy popular music stuff that people will just randomly say is overrated. Beatles, Radiohead, non-Berlin Trilogy Bowie, Beach Boys, Pink Floyd, etc. The initial draw to these guys is their relative accessibility that they offer to most of the world in terms of music while still being artsy.

But it also counts for certain musicians that are on the RELATIVELY inaccessible side of music yet still make engaging stuff. Faust on Faust I, TMR/Lick My Decals from Captain Beefheart, The Mothers Of Invention's 60s output bar Cruising, etc. Their initial draw is that they don't sound like anything else that's out there in terms from their surface level perspective.

But the reality is that they are both good because of the depth they offer in music. The more "poppy" stuff does tend to be more common, but that's because it is easier for many people to initially just get into that stuff due to relatively cultural accessibility that approach to music has. But that form of surface level accessibility is shallow and has nothing to do with true accessibility of depth that music offers.

It's a big part of why honestly Italian music critics/publications that aren't Scaruffi are among my favorites because they'll champion Dark Side Of The Moon or Revolver alongside Faust I or Y.

so the only difference between being a patrician or a contrarian faggot is how smart you are about it?

Nirvana

of course. same with being a patrician vs a turbopleb drone

True

Coltrane
Bjork
Crystal Castles

Le epic shitpoaster

I like CC but most of their stuff is not patrician.

Kanye

miley cyrus

I bet you think Radiohead is better.

>tfw still at turbopleb
Tried listening to Kid A. Thought that it was the most boring shit imaginable. Well maybe not as boring as ambient...

Bon Jovi

Hate to break it to you.

This

>httt
>awful
Fight me

>Fight me
Tumblr is calling, user. Go back.

Sorry guys, but Radiohead is ambient whiny trash. Go listen to Brian Eno or something, and you'll realize they're not that great.

can partly agree with Bjork but is Debut really 'turbopleb'? It's solid album if you ask me