So why did the internet hate this movie again?

So why did the internet hate this movie again?

It was feminist garbage

It was marketed as a realistic space film, and then it's portrayal of spaceflight and orbital mechanics was full retard.

All fx, no story. Worse than Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich who know they make crap. Gravity is crap that thinks it's important.

It relies pretty heavily on immersion. If you didn't see it in IMAX then just lol

It was over hyped by the media even though it was average

Sandra Bullock

shallow story

I like it, it's meant to be a visual experience seen in imax 3d

No surprise Sup Forums hates it because they probably watched it one their phones and will arbitrarily hate a female lead

I was pretty immersed desu. My heart started thumping out of my chest and I got really sweaty during the intense scenes. Sign of a good film imo

>i'm gonna solve quantum physics equations using love-powered time travel

Well golly gee I liked it!

>good movie
>only when viewed in imax

So you're one of those pieces of shit who overpays for garbage? I watched gravity on blue ray and saw nothing exciting, watched goodfellas on my lappy and I was enthralled start to finish. Want a visual experience? Take acid, it's cheaper and you may come away with some insight. And don't start with the "misogynist" shit cause I guarantee I've supported female lead movies more than most women when it comes to sci fi genre, from sucker punch to resident evil the female lead thing never bothered me a bit. But that's because they were being specialized right?

Tl;dr good goy keep paying $20 for garbage.

Confirmed for not having seen it in a good theater.

So you watched a movie that's dialogue focused and liked it when you saw it on your laptop. Then you watched a movie that's all about cinematic storytelling and you didn't like it watching it on your tiny TV screen because you still lost out on most of the visuals and sounds you could have gotten at the theater. And this is somehow the movie's fault?

>cinematic storytelling

Oh please Armageddon did everything gravity tried to do but better. If a movie "needs to be seen in imax" then it's gimmicky shit. A good movie is good long after its theatrical run.

Style over substance

Saw it in IMAX, that combined with the immersive cinematography and effects was terrific.

>If a movie "needs to be seen in imax" then it's gimmicky shit

I didn't watch it in IMAX. I watched it at a decently sized movie screen with great audio. Paying $10 to see the movie how it was intended vs watching it at home are completely different experiences. It's still good when I saw it at home but it just doesn't compare.

Going on a roller coaster vs watching first person on youtube

Why not just go on a fucking roller coaster then m8?

why not? that's why they made fucking roller coasters.

GOOD SPACE DISASTER SEQUENCES IN IMAX 3D

ABSOLUTELY UNWATCHABLE IN ANY OTHER FORM

This movie is fucking spectacular on Shrooms.

Bro batman & robin is great in shrooms. Looking at grass is amazing on shrooms c'mon now.

I liked it