Pop-Punk general

Alright Sup Forums, there's gotta be some of you that are still into this shit. What are your opinions on modern pop-punk compared to the older bands?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WPf7a9PMT0w
youtube.com/watch?v=I0R5jrXO2ps
youtube.com/watch?v=KIw4l8Z03o4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerplunk_(album)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

selfbump blargh

i really like pop-punk, but there are so many bands that sound so bland and boring to me, i only like a few of them.
my favorite modern pop-punk band is the wonder years, their music is really good musically and they have amazing lyrics filled with emotion, but i don't care at all for bands like state champs and neck deep.
the thing is, i believe that there's always been bland pop-punk, you just gotta find bands that are good

Only Descendents are good pop punk in my book desu, but I think they were considered to be melodic hardcore punk in their hayday.

fall out boy is a pretty good band and i don't care if you disagree with me

Why would one listen to pop punk bands instead of listening to the Ramones?

This this this this this

Is Green Day pop-punk?

Yes, but Dookie is the only good album

Agreed.

This is the pop punk album of the year

The early stuff is the best stuff, not a fan of the new stuff

True. But Kerplunk had a few good songs as well.

I don't know if they're pop punk though.

Kerplunk?

Not sure if Dead To Me is considered pop punk (feels more like the skate punk of the 90's early 00's desu) but they're great
youtube.com/watch?v=WPf7a9PMT0w
They just put out their best work in 8 years and a new record that's shaping up to be their best yet is coming out soon.
Check them out for real

youtube.com/watch?v=I0R5jrXO2ps
youtube.com/watch?v=KIw4l8Z03o4
pop punk doesn't get any better than this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerplunk_(album)
It's their sophomore release

I had no idea it existed, Is it worth a listen?

It's alright, it's certainly better than their post 2000 releases. Good songs include Welcome To Paradise (which is also featured on Dookie), 2000 Light Years Away and Who Wrote Holden Caulfield. Come to think of it, their debut Smoothed Out Slappy Hours is better than Kerplunk, try that out as well.

Cheers for the advice user

bump

if digits, Mike Love dies and Brian Wilson lives forever

fuck