Sup Sup Forums

Sup Sup Forums

I recently got prescribed Quasym (like ritalin but with continuous release) for my depression and possible TAD.
Currently, I'm on 40mg Paroxetine, 10mg Quasym, and the occasional Xanax when I get panic attacks. I'm supposed to up my dose of Quasym tomorrow.

However, I can't sleep for shit. It takes me 2 hours to fall asleep, and it's very agitated, I rarely sleep more than 6 hours. It was hard with the Paroxetine alone, but the Quasym made it worse.

I've tried everything I thought of so far : working out, smoking, fapping, more Xanax, even the ASMR bullshit. Sports seems to work best, but I still need 1mg Xanax after to fall asleep.

Any tip to fall asleep faster ? Will it become more bearable once I get used to the Quasym ? I know amerifags are overdiagnosed with ADD/ADHD, maybe you have some ancestral secret technique to share to the rest of the world.

Lower the dose or stop taking it... You shouldn't be needing a fucking Xanax to fall asleep.

Quasym is a stimulant. Stop taking sitmulant to sleep better. Simple.

Smoke weed.

The problem is that the meds helped a lot to get things better. I went through a lot of shit, with a period where I was a shut-in abusing hard drugs alone in my room.

lol, your doc is using you as a personal experiment.

you remind me of the mom from Requiem for a Dream.

Flush them all you pussy.

Also whoever prescribed fucking methylphenidate for depression needs to take their shit more seriously.

Americans have problems with xanax and benzodiazepines in general. We can't sleep either. There's no secret.

Seek out talk therapy. Grow a healthy relationship with a psychiatrist. Pills don't work.

You have a history of drug abuse and you're pseudo-speedballing with xanax and methylphenidate. You really need to talk to your doctor about this stuff.

Yeah OP, talking about it will help everything. It helps me too with rearranging my genetics and now I don't even have BPD that I inherited from my mother anymore. It's miraculous

He's right OP.

What is TAD.

Ritalin's a last resort kind of thing for depression. I think OP's shrink is just pushing pills.

Methyl is for a possible ADD (I worte TAD in my OP, that's the french acronym). I had problems to focus since I was a kid, so we are trying to see if it works better.

And yeah, I really feel like my doc is on a pill craze, I'm waiting to stabilize my situation to switch to a psychologist or a psychiatrist more inclined to use therapy rather than pills

Oh, I'm sorry. I'm sure the pills alone fixed your genetics, and you live a happy life.

I'm sorry you have a bipolar mother. Shit sucks.

Yeah, the drug abuse was the 1st thing I talked to him about. That's why he waited a bit to prescribe the quasym (I've been clean since 2 month)

Sorry, I mean't ADD, TAD is the french acronym

Congratulations on 2 months, but that's still a HUGELY unnecessary risk.

I'm a recovering opiate addict, clean for 16 months. Absolutely focus on talking to your therapist, and maybe seek out 12-step recovery groups. I'm not sure what they have in France, but we have Narcotics Anonymous in America. It should exist in France, too. Meetings are free, and it saved my life.

Why didn't your doc just give you normal Ritalin? It lasts significantly less time, but at least taking that you're not being forced awake by the stimulation.

Presumably because extended release medications have less abuse potential. In other words, there's little or no "rush".

I think we have NA as well here. Personaly, I went cold turkey to stop. I had 1-2 rough weeks, but it went mainly fine.

I was addicted to amphetamins, plus the occasional DXM, oxicodone, Codein, LSD or DMT (sometimes combined), so I guess the recovery is easier than for harder opiates.

I had a psychologist at first that was very good, But I had to switch to a psychiatrist to get my meds (in france psychologists can't prescribe them). I'm thinking about seeing again after I'm better stabilised

This. I didn't want the ritalin. I'm an ex amphetamin addict, and my first experience with amphetamins was snorting severall Ritalin pills

There is a difference between abstinence and recovery. What I'm hearing from you is abstinence, and questionable abstinence at that. Methyphenidate is basically slightly weaker amphetamine. Xanax and its class, benzodiazepines, are also commonly abused.

I highly recommend getting into a group like NA if you want to stay off the drugs long-term. You'll meet people who understand how you feel, and want to help you reach your potential. Talking with other recovering addicts did more help for me than psychologists did.

Have all been me. I'm a recovering addict working in addiction medicine as an intern. Long story short, get real with yourself and your life. NA helped me more than any pills or psychologists could. The people there understand what it's like to be locked away from society. What it's like to always be broke. What it's like to lie, cheat, and steal until your consciousness doesn't exist any more. What it's like to sleepwalk through life. What it's like to suffer through sweats, chills, insomnia, and nausea of withdrawals.

You never have to do it again.

I can't say I know what you went through but I remember the feeling of mental dependence I had on LSD. Good luck with your struggle OP.