Why do """people""" who

Why do """people""" who
>do not play any instruments
>do not produce music
>do not write songs
act like their opinion on music matters?

Like, if you're not a physicist, why the fuck would I listen to your opinion on relativity or some nerd shit like that?

Because music is a form of entertainment and so the audience is the public. Just like you don't need to be a film director to comment on movies, you're still able to form an opinion. Whether or not their opinions matter is of course subjective though

reply to this or brian wilson dies tonight

im not a fag, why should I listen to OP?

I do know how to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on many instrument so my opinion cannot be invalidated :)

assblasted """music listener""" detected

if you're a bad musician you are expected to have a bad opinion

i slow down and chop up new wave songs in audacity does that count?

People are entitled to their opinions. Personally, I like to hear what others think about an album or a song. Even if you don't practice a certain "profession", you still can have a lot of knowledge regarding the "profession".

I know a lot about fashion without being a fashion designer or a model. Therefore I can express my opinion about it.

yes

>actually going at it

I took this thread for a drive by, good effort I guess

before you meme me I play the clarinet very well and am learning the bass

A fun drinking game is looking through year end best album lists from prominent sites and taking a shot every time anything that is specifically about music is mentioned.

I mean it's fun if you hate drinking and want to take zero shots.

Nobody's opinion on music 'matters' but music journalism actually requires less understanding of music than sports journalism does about sports, and they mostly just have to describe objective facts about who scored what when. It is a huge joke and if you ever get to do interviews and meet music journalists you will see what a bunch of self-important morons they are whose only real qualifications for the job are a willingness to think their own feelings matter a whole lot (ie: lots of rich only children)

I'm a professional composer (I get paid for it), do you want to hear my opinion on anything?

God this post is so erotic

why is all rap music objectively garbage

Because fundamentally it's closer to poetry than music and it still fails miserably at the former.

The majority of listeners make their opinion known by choosing what they listen to. So yeah their opinion matters

I doubt it would actually be worth anything, but if I met you in person I might pretend to care if you had something worthwhile to contribute, but I'm guessing you're mostly just hollow pretension.

It isn't, and this guy is not me

>music criticism doesn't make sense to ME so it's all garbage why can't they talk about objective real things like sports?

I bet you shared that PragerU video about modern art on facebook like 20 times

>Sup Forums user is angry, antisocial and cynical, more at eleven.

Musicians can have pretty shitty tastes. Some of them have insight, but most of them don't even think that deep about music despite playing it for some reason.

it's because most artists lack any formal education outside of their field and don't learn reasoning skills

asdfghj,.

Do you actually agree with OP?

Because 'popular' music has moved away from standards of structural elegance and complexity to goals like expression, feelings and vibrations, which aren't really covered by any doctrine. Anyone can describe what he hears and its basic nature, the feelings it evokes in him and the meaning it raises. I'd say the only thing that could make one's opinion of an album more credible than another's is the amount of music he has been exposed to. A very derivative song can sound impressively unique to a listened who simply doesn't know the music it takes influence from, for example.

No either this is a bait thread or OP is a miserable sod. I'm not lying about being a professional (that is, self-sufficient albeit virtually unknown) composer, but I still prefer to hear what my amateur friends think than educated musicians.

>I still prefer to hear what my amateur friends think than educated musicians.
Probably because every educated musician would be able to tell you why your music is terrible.

sjz

yes you'd like to hear the amateur opinion because they are more likely to praise you for your work

I value the opinion of those who are'nt musicians. When I write music, I'm not only writing it for other musicians. People like music because it sounds pleasing. You don't have to be a musician to have that experience.
>inb4 hurr durr I release abstract field recording noise drone punk autism-core that only real musicians listen to and the sheeple don't understand

Kill yourself you retarded aspie fuck. People like you give musicians a bad name

OP is a basement dwelling failed musician who is shifting the blame of his failed music career from his lack of musical ability to society that could not tolerate his "music"

nah I actually studied math in university I've just been playing music for a while

>Why do """people""" who
>>do not act
>>do not produce movies
>>do not write movie scripts
>act like their opinion on movie matters?

Only professional chefs and food critics can ctitique food

do you even act bro?

OP here, I agree with this statement, nothing lamer than being a """foodie"""

Why do "people" who do not know how to develop software act like their opinion on video games matters?

just because you make shitty bedroom music like carset headrest doesnt mean your opinion matters on anything you fucking waste

just a reminder that if you have not procreated, your opinion on life or any things pertaining to any qualities of life is completely irrelevant.

delete this

>math
virgin autist confirmed
>university
And a Eurocuck just fucking kill yourself

How shit is your reading comprehension?

My point is that the job of sportswriter is largely just relaying specific empirical information like so-and-so scored x points against such-and-such, and yet even still the expectation on a prospective sportswriter is that they will have more expertise and technical knowledge than the reader. They will be expected to know the history of a given sport and be familiar with the technical and strategic aspects ofnthe game.

This is to contrast with music writers, where there is absolutely no expectation of any basic understanding of any aspect of music besides their own subjective like or dislike of a particular song or album. Read through the year and lists and see how nobody even tries to talk about music. They will talk about the video imagery, they will talk about the sociopolitical impact of what they consider to be the subject matter, and at best they will cherrypick one or two lines of lyrics as citations for their projected interpretation of what the work means.

I would love if music criticism made sense the way a book by a talented musicologist might. Actual discussion of music. I just don't really care to hear really awful amateur cultural theory presented under the guise of legitimate criticism.

Imagine an article on some basketball game failed to discuss the game at all and just described what the uniforms or the mascot represent in today's america. That's what music criticism amounts to these days, people who don't even understand what a 3-pointer is trying to have deep thoughts about what basketball means to them, and a bunch of simpletons following them so they can avoid having to form opinions of their own.

Sportswriters are mostly all hacks but music writers are almost all outright frauds.

>ITT: assblasted "music listeners" face the music (pun intended)

Why do """posters""" who
>do not contribute meaningfully
>do not produce quality
>do not write good posts
act like their shitposts on Sup Forums matter?

Like, if you're not Hiro, why the fuck would I listen to your opinion on opinions on average music critics or some autistic shit like that?

>smug shitposter acting high-and-mighty in a bait thread
are you being ironic on purpose?

For you? Who are you? Some sad bastard online who's mummy forgot to make him his coco-pops this morning. lol

jgyfuytg

why do people who aren't actors opinions on movies matter?