It's a "Sup Forums pretends it hates star wars because it's not Tarkovsky or Wong Kar-wai'' episode

It's a "Sup Forums pretends it hates star wars because it's not Tarkovsky or Wong Kar-wai'' episode

Good meme guys but seriously this is fucking stupid

sageru

thought it pulled all its punches, honest to god.
i thought the whole conflict was dumbed down from what was an interesting premise
Ren was interesting because of the internal journey he's going through, case in point the scene with vader's helmet

the problem with the force awakens is that its a stealth remake that claims to be a sequel.

its just a newer hope.

Genuine answer. I liked original Star Wars, including prequels. I didn't see Force Awakens and don't want to, because it is a remake with a goal to make profit, instead of telling the new story.

then shut up, you have no point of reference and you just follow the Sup Forums hivemind who only disliked the movie because of political reasons.

A blockbuster movie is made with intentions to make profits, who could ever imagine such a thing
Seriously though the remake excuse is fucking stupid, while you can't deny that there's a lot of ripped ideas and concepts, it feels like they at least took an effort to have it only comprise about a third of the film and at least make the old concepts and plot threads tie into a new plot, face it this excuse is a double sided coin where either side would've pissed people off and the median between the sides isn't even enough to please people.

i'm down with this but don't for a second buy the bullshit praise it got. totally overblown, literally judged the movie based on some emotional beats, funnily enough the feel good ones

it was a fantastic piece of filmmaking which is all people wanted after the prequels.

Yeah I totally agree, I feel like it got most of it's praise simply because it was aesthetically more similar to the originals, but in my mind it's still a decent 7/10 and I'm hopeful for the next two to take better advantage of the top notch production design at work and give a more riveting and purposeful story

>It's a "Sup Forums pretends it hates star wars because it's not Tarkovsky or Wong Kar-wai'' episode

Did you just hop out of time machine from 2010? I don't know if you looked around the board recently but most people here are so god damn retarded they can't even spell Tarkovsky let alone be bothered to look him up.

it's kind of weird how recently it seems like there's no awareness of Sup Forums being Sup Forums lite

I'd estimate at this point probably less than 1% of posters are original Sup Forums. Either that or everyone has given up chastising these cancerous new faggots.

>implying the prequels weren't just cash grabs
>oh yeah Jar Jar is a funny character, kids'll love him, he'll sell lots of action figures

fuck off, nigger. Star Wars is in great hands with disney

>inb4 jews, shill, etc

i didn't hate it. it's just really mediocre and lacked any creativity or courage.

>most people here are so god damn retarded they can't even spell Tarkovsky let alone be bothered to look him up.

And that's why whenever someone makes a favorite directors list or makes a most patrician films list his and many other Sup Forums favorites are the only ones to be talked about

IV, V and the prequels are all as 'legitimate' as Tarkovsky (Solaris was better as a book by the way).

Force Awakens is really bad though.

shit taste

kill yourself

Sup Forumss version of debating an opinion, but seriously yeah both tarkovsky and star wars are legitimate and artful in their own way, just because it's lively exciting and fast paced doesn't mean there's not an art to it

>can't deny that there's a lot of ripped ideas and concepts
>it feels like they at least took an effort
woah! i definitely should watch this film because it feels like a tiny bit of effort. seriously, i'm not surprised that this kind of garbage is successfully consumed, box office reflects this, and that's why it happens because it is successful. so i don't want to continue arguing because i know i can't change the mind of literally billion kids around the world. i'll just keep watching old movies that are actually can be called movies.

>takes two lines out of a huge paragraph explaining how they were literally walking a tight rope in order to try and please the old fans and still make a new movie
>completely ignores all that and uses those two lines as if it's all I said

Man this guy must be stupid amirite? I just gonna put all my nostalgia and opinions in a backpack and keep it right there because literally nothing will ever please me. give me a fucking break I didn't even think it was in the top ten movies of 2015 and it's a godsend that it was even just a decent film considering how bad it really could've been, then again they could've given you exactly what you always wanted and REAL star wars fan would find a way to bitch and completely write off the movie

Maybe several years ago. Tarkovsky BARELY gets mentioned here anymore.

Good

well tarkovsky usually tackles a topic in a movie, with any extaworldly element used as a way to explore a topic ie the room the space station which already are classic tropes of scifi, dream machines and so on

star wars is as we all know fantasy thoroughly indulged

>original Star Wars, including prequels.
Stop right there.

Oh no someone simply likes something