Sup Forums I need some help. I am new to growing and need advice on the lighting

Sup Forums I need some help. I am new to growing and need advice on the lighting.

Right now I have 1 CFL lightbulb per plant and the plants are surrounded by a flat white latex wall to reflect light.

Now my question is, is there such a thing as too much light? Like should I limit it to 18hrs a day or 24/7 or 12 hours? What's your experience?

Right now I have 5 Feminized AK-48 seeds and 10 Freebies from Nirvana Shop.

The pic related is one of the Feminine AK-48's 2 days into growing with nonstop light.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019ETLC7M/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1470193695&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=led grow light&dpPl=1&dpID=417mfI2h9gL&ref=plSrch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is day 3. (Today)

These are some of the freebies at day 2

Bump

24h light until you want them to grow buds, then you switch to 12/12.

There's no such thing as too much light.

You won't get anywhere with a CFL lightbulb lol.

1 CFL per plant is pretty low man

You might try /an/.

use the sun

any growers know much about cutting buds early and getting more of a sativa buzz (less wheelchair...)

There going to string out if the bulb is to far way..honestly you should get better lighting..growing is a Hobbie and isn't cheap..I would suggest getting a led growlight on amazon..you'll spend more money up front but save a shit ton on electric bill, also fresh oxygen is a must and some forms of moving air (fan). Watch humidity because that causes fungal issues. I could tell you more but it's all about money..

This. And stop trying to grow weed if all you have is CFL. You have 2 options, Sun, or High Pressure Sodium/ Metal Halides. It's 2 late in season to keep them outside, but once inside, do 16 on 6 off, have them off between 12pm and 6pm because it's the double $$ price electric hours. Go google shit, you dumb mooch

Yes, sun or 400/1000 watts hps lamp. Less light than that and you're wasting your time, sorry user.

LED suck ass on yield it's not worth it unless you drop 2k, and then still risk the thing burning up. HID 4 lyfe unless you do it outside like a real man.

>Anonymous
You don't get a sativa buzz from cutting buds early.

Actually not true at all, LED has come along way..metal halide and high pressure sodium do kick ass but they also use a lot of energy and produce a lot of heat. I've grown for 10 years now and have been running my girl scout cookies on LED and have been producing close to 200 grams per plant.

High intensity discharge is still relevant, no doubt but alot of shops have moved over to multi spectrum Leds..just saying.

>advice...
give it up fast
and give your mom back her mason jars kiddo

Yeah led is better but it's not cheap. Obviously OP is a beginner. If you can grab some used lamps that were used in a shop or something, should be pretty cheap. I have like 3x 400 watts laying around here...I actually use them to grow tomatoes and pepper before planting them outside. Yes electricity is cheap up here.

We tried these out and for the price with yield they can't be beat..there great for vegetative growth and buddy using multiple light spectrums..theyou have been going strong for 15 months but hey..just putting them out there to help

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019ETLC7M/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1470193695&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=led grow light&dpPl=1&dpID=417mfI2h9gL&ref=plSrch

Swap to daylight 6500k/6400k if you're going to use a T5 or CFL. I'd recommend the T5 as you get 8400 lumens for 96 watts

Ya but OP is noob and prob will break his $2k LED if he has expendable money but judging by his grow setup, he obviously doesn't plan to grow for 10 years lol

There my grandma's you fucking dick get your facts right

They're*

See how it's all tall and spindly? That's a bad thing, starved for light. Gonna fall over and die soon. Get a real light setup and start over

I wish I would have spent 200$ at the beginning, it would have saved me a boat load but again we didn't have the tech they have today..my dude bought a plasma bulb and has been growing train wreck under 18 hour light cycles..shits beautiful but we're also using Humboldt nutrients.

Quit Tryina sell your accidentally bought used shit user

Check out craigslist. I got a grow box with ballasts and sodium lamps with a fan for around $500. I totally fucked up growing the weed but I was only out like $650 total and I still have a box and nutes.

My CFL grow one month and a half

LOL ah shit son you caught me, but seriously just do some research and for Christ's sake don't burn your family's house down.

The cola

Damn just that one light is enough?

Needs more light, poor babies are stretching

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Well I just used that one light the end product was very good stunk up my whole house

Haha humboldt nutrients as in the nutrient line? Get gypped fag. Purple max doesn't do shit beside make your shit poisoned and snowstorms the same deal. Learn some fucking soil science and feed the mycorrhizal layer instead of "the plant" and you'll be in the real big boy game. Full Organic nutes, or else have fun flushing for weeks for mediocre still harsh buds. You suck. Use Kind nutes or Earthjuice or w/e or better yet, make your own fucking nutrients through composting and micro nute subs or lichen powder.

If you wanna go CFL closest grow I suggest u use a blue light like that for the vegative state which is the the time you wanna it to grow tall and big and a nice yellow light when u decide to flower her

That's the ugliest sad excuse of unsmokable shit I ever seen wow, put your plant in the sun, bury yourself below it and let it compost your sorry excuse of life.

Let's see your grow pussy please this was my first grow with a 10$ fucking CFL bulb lets see your waste of fucking money set up

What are you waiting to try to get buds ? It will be crappy with such low light, sorry.

Sure is summer in here.

Did you not see the cola with the trichs bitchboy

We're using Humboldt organic line, and yes I know there were a lot of salts in there other nutes, now I do use permaculture techniques but I use my soil for vegetables and what not (Carolina reapers/heirloom tomatoes) but I don't introduce outside soil because we tend to have aphids and spiderman issues everything we bring outside material indoors aka go fuck yourself bro.

Read a book, marijuana indoor growers bible is good, you are growing in a jar? You need drainage. Use happy frog 50%, coconut 30% and perlite 20%. Get that poor thing out of a jar and into a pot withe holes for drainage. Water woth ro at 5.9 ph. Use a veg light for now t5 but put some distance. Keep at 70 degrees you should be good. Once you get full throttle use 1000 watt hps not to exceed 40 watts per sf.

use your CFL for the lower leaves as the plant gets bigger.
be careful not to water too much.
water maybe once every 3 to 4 days. (stresses the plant causing it to grow faster)
use your cfls only for germinating at first.
get a HPS and keep it on for 24 hours after the plant has reached the 3rd or 4th node.
to flower switch to 12 on 12 off.

Spend the right $$ or waste your time. Get a cheap grow tent and HIDs and get cheap used shit off craigslist and start being better

Not using cfl

His leaves are yellow in the end so you know they got enough light and likely won't taste like nutes since its flushed out its nutrients from the chlorophyll.

that is from a lack of nutrients

Yeah we flush a week prior to cutting..water with spring water to finish

10$ lightbulb> 500$ HID
490$ buy me 3 fire ounces here in Cali
pussys

600 watts are more efficient, much more so unless you're running Gavitas, or a big grow room grow.

It's not, they get plenty of nutrients.

Yeah and we just clone from a good pheno and don't pay for weed ever again..

Please give me a time stamp of your setup u sound full of shit google images cunt

notice the top leaves are yellow while the bottom
is nice and green.
it takes more effort to move water and nutrients to the top of the plant than the bottom.
would need a pic of them still growing though.

Why would I lie? And my grow isn't at my house..I would give you my Instagram but you seem like a cunt

24 hours resets a plant's biological clock, 18 hours a day is normal, 12 hours a day will make a plant flower. You planted FIFTEEN SEEDS? That's absurd. Try three and see if you have a female or not. If so, thank God and take cuttings, root those while you flower the mother plant. 1 CFL bulb won't do anything. You need to read Jorge Cervantes "Indoor Marijuana Horticulture" to get a grasp on the basics.

You want to get a pocket microscope so that you can see what the glandular trichomes are doing. Those are the eyelash-like things on the flowers -- on the eyelash-like things will be a drop of resin. Is it clear? Then it's young and more of an "up" energetic high. If you leave the flowers it'll become cloudy and finally if you let it go quite late kind of murky and tan/brown, that's more of a body stone or couchlock effect. A lot of that is genetics, sativa is supposed to be "up" and indica more couchlocky.

You need to observe what the plants are doing. And then be patient while the flowers cure. PATIENCE, YEAH, YEAH, HOW LONG WILL THAT TAKE?

I have a 1200w white blue red uv ir grow light. how should I use this in growing my weed?

Im just starting back up after not growing in years. Ive got 6 outdoors and 8 indoors. No pics though. Heres one from early 2012. Veg under 150w mh and flower under 175w hps. Nirvana pure power plant iirc

No you're an idiot, it's supposed to END up yellow but ok keep on thinking that.

$490 buys me 6 ounces in Oregon, faggot.

His shits not even impressive, it's standard, you're just a nubbbb

Eat a dick bitchboy
Nothing like that Cali buds nobody will
ever top the sunshine state we have history of growing weed
Who the fuck cares about Oregon? No history in the marijuana business

Hahaha you're an idiot but hey, have fun using up the rest of your very scarce water supply just to get high on humid ass outdoor botrytis buds, faggot.

All of California should probably just die like its economy did. Total ass wipe state

I got the beach right next to me bomb weed and woman, on the other hand you have honkeys from the east and niggers i have big booty Latinas that will make you drool everywhere

Keep believing that dude. Just don't move up here like the rest of you Cali fags did this year. There's more of you cucks than us now, all jammed in our roadways. we're just riding our bikes flipping you off while it takes us 20 min, but an hour for your Cali cars to cross our bridges.