Ask an x-ray tech at a level 1 trauma hospital anything

Ask an x-ray tech at a level 1 trauma hospital anything.

A bead, under the influence of gravity, slides along a frictionless wire whose height
is given by the function V (x). Find an expression for the bead’s horizontal acceleration. (It can depend on whatever quantities you need it to depend on.)

You should find that the result is not the same as the ¨x for a particle moving in one dimension in the potential mgV (x), in which case ¨x = −gV 0. But if you grab hold of the wire, is there any way you can move it so that the bead’s ¨x is equal to the ¨x = −gV 0 result due to the one-dimensional potential, mgV (x)?

how much must I bench to break a bone of someone?

do your own homework, faggot

I appreciate that you took it and ran with it. Since it's a "yes" or "no" question, I'll say... no?

what happens if you put the x-ray thingy up to yuor winky ?>??

Whats the most horrific thing you saw ?

How many x-rays does it take to OD on radiation

Depends on the person, the bone, and how much force you put behind it, but some bones (like in the wrist and forearm) can break simply by falling on them. So, I guess I'll say "enough to put the force of your body weight into the impact."

What's the craziest thing you've ever saw
And any More cool pics?

Nothing. But if you actually shoot the x-ray... then you'll get a really non-diagnostic, low-quality dick pic.

You can't "OD" on radiation, and an x-ray tube doesn't have the output capability to kill you. Like, 50+ images taken with a low energy beam might cause your skin to redden like a sunburn.

checked

how good is the containment on hospital xray machines?

They aren't my pics, for the record. I GIS'd to get the first one. It's a HIPAA violation if I take pictures of the x-rays I take, and an even bigger one if I share them.

Craziest thing I've seen... 19 gunshot wounds. Dude lived, with very little lasting effects--they are all in his arms and legs.

ever see any broken bones?

do you enjoy the tv drama house?

Pretty damn good. There are federal regulations on how much leakage radiation is allowed from a standard tube, and it's very, very, low. Then, there are more regulations regarding the room the machine is in, so it's pretty hard to get irradiated by accident.

Is it really broken ?

Nope. Only people with shampoo bottles in their asses. Only.

I did, but that was before I went to radiology school, so my job has no bearing on that. It wasn't terribly realistic when it came to radiology, though. Nobody outside of 3rd world outfits like Doctors Without Borders uses film anymore. It's all digital.

is it bad??

I'm not legally allowed to diagnose. I only take the pictures. So I'm not saying it's broken, but it's broken.

I get that question a lot. And the answer (never from me, of course) is usually, "nothing is wrong with you."

Your pic is an MRI, and while I'm not great at reading those, I'd say in this case, it actually is bad.

hmmm, it does hurt a lot. But can u elaborate??

I've had a patient who was riding a motorcycle, lost control and flew groin-first into the end of a guard rail. It looked like her vag went all the way to her bellybutton. Ended up having to amputate bother legs, too.

I'm supposed to answer questions about my work, not BE at work.

What are your thoughts on a flat tax?

>

righto.
did u ever had to puke, cos of fucked up shit u saw??

I've seen that with humans. I had one guy try to cut his throat with kitchen knife, and they did a swallow after they stitched him up to make sure there wasn't still a perforation.

I think it disproportionately affects those of lower SES.

I never have. I didn't know what my reaction would be the first time I saw something really, really, awful, but it wasn't as difficult as I thought. I'm kinda jaded by it now, though.

"I'm not allowed to diagnose, so you'll have to wait on the doc to tell you if it's broken."

How difficult is the registry exam really?

Not super hard if you just study the stuff that gives you the hardest time. I thought it was hard while I was taking it, but my grade turned out to be considerably higher than the national average.

I wish I knew the story behind this one.

Gotta keep reviewing all them skull views then

Yeah, the stuff you don't see very often tends to be the hardest to learn, IMO, just from a lack of reps. And skull positioning is knida hard to begin with.

Looks like a herniated disk

A herniated disk would show posterior movement or expansion of the disk backward toward the spinal chord. This one does that some, but not as much as you'd expect. I'd say it's spondylolisthesis, but the finger is covering up where the obvious sign would be.