How much do rappers charge for feature verses?

How much do rappers charge for feature verses?

Ex: if I wanted a verse from someone who is in the same level of fame and relevancy as Danny Brown and Action Bronson, how much do you think it would cost?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gQa_QW4ZJXA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

depends on the person
i think 2 chainz charges 100k for a feature

2 CHAAAAINZ

12$ in change

this
i wouldn't expect a call back for less than 50k

yup asked b.o.bs management back in maybe 2012 lol
they asked what our budget was i think we said like 2k
they simply said "its too much"

Action Bronson is unremarkable so ideally for somebody of his skill level it wouldn't cost much

Surely that number has gone down since he hasn't done anything notable since BOATS 2

>wanting a b.o.b. verse
What were you thinking, m8

How much you guys think a Michael Gira feature would cost?

I'll rap on your CD for free...

Snoop dogg would do anything for 10$

yeah hes been doing songs lately with any random shitty hack artist from eastern european countries

That feature on Corey Feldman too

probably a lot of screaming

Hibachi tho.. Good Drank is huge right now

you could probably get action bronson for a couple k now his career is all but dead

pretty sure snoop will show up for $200 and a sandwich at this point

Don't bully Snoop.

He's just a nice guy who likes helping people out.

Heard somewhere that Earl charges 70k for a verse which is a bit ridiculous imo. He's a great rapper but come on

i also think people are underestimating what destined to fail eastern european pop stars have in the bank thanks to mommy and daddy

They'd probably take a percentage of the album sales.

Just become a good/semi-famous rapper then your record company wil pay for the feature/the featured rapper will do it for a lot less if the like your shit

It's not a monetary cost, but in order to get him in the studio you have to agree to let him spit in your face and berate you for a solid hour.

Probably why Earl doesn't feature that much...
Seems like he meant to price himself out of the market though. That seems like something he would do.

Demonic trips

lol is this a meme? Bronson has two TV shows and is more popular than ever.

idk i actually go very optimist into a song when i see that 2 chainz is a feature.

>Mercy
>Champions
>Castro (yo gotti its recent)
>buy back the block
>key to the streets

and most of these are 2016 songs

shit i forgot no problem by chance

well he did go to college after all...

B-but, I mean this is only if you're a nobody who wants to summon them into his studio, right? I mean, most times when two established artists collab it feels like it is out of mutual respect and good companionship (Earl for example may charge 70k or so, but I doubt he charges Mac Miller, or Vince, or Action Bronson, or anyone from OF...).

no, hip hop is hyper commercialized. This is why it will never evolve as organically as it could.

You life and soul

do you even listen to hip-hop? people talk about trading verses all the time, if you're around the same level of fame it's mutual in the sense that you give each other a feature, this happens all the time

My homegirl raps and paid for a Rapsody verse back in like 2012. It was like $700.00

Now Rapsody is on RocNation and had a feature on the most critically acclaimed album last year. I'm sure that number has skyrocketed.

I'm sure Earl does mostly homie verses. I'm pretty sure Brown paid no more than 10K for that verse. He might have even did it for free.

You're buggin if you think a Chainz verse has gone anything but up over these past few years.

I don't really follow the industry side of it, I just listen to albums.

It wasnt even that high to begin with. Newsflash: rappers exaggerating about their money :O

bye rddit

Do you guys think I could I get an Aesop Rock verse for less than 30k?

underrated post

Maybe. Open Mike Eagle had him on his most recent album and I doubt he's got 30k to spend on a feature but they are friends and OME did a feature on My Belly too.

Haha! Maybe now.

But remember that a few years ago that dude was slumming it on a fucking Kreayshawn track.

I don't think he makes music that way

>paying money to get BTFO on your own track

buddy

man never forget 2011-2012 where it seemed like 2 chainz was giving verses away for a hot meal and a handshake

(me)

i should've read the thread hahaha

2 chainz and kreayshawn actually been friends before 2 chainz got huge. So itvwasnt just a verse he gave to some random white girl for a chunk of money

I could hold my own tbqh

I'm not the same style of rapper so it would be more like a mix than a competition

What if you wanted to make an appearance on Danny Brown's album? Would you have to pay him?

he said in an interview that that was only for a short period of time iirc. I think usually his verses would be like 40k. Probably less now.

not even remotely true. its very community based.

No rapper would let an unknown on their album unless they already know you and like you