Just went to see this movie in iceland

Just went to see this movie in iceland.

As a comic book fan and someone who has seen basically every DC and Marvel movie out there, i rate this 7/10. Joker was a bit over the top and seemed like they rushed him too much. They tried so hard to make him seem crazy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aw_GlYve_Lg
youtu.be/6RWMc-EdDRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Explain how Joker can be "over the top". It's The Joker

Like i said, they tried too hard to make him seem insane. and just didnt feel right. If you have read some comic books like me you know that the joker is just just a genius that thinks out his plans not just going beserk.

Depends on which version of The Joker you're talking about. Sometimes he's a berserk force of nature, sometimes he's methodical sometimes he's a chucklehead.

Good example of him going berserk is the Emperor Joker arc. The things he did to Batman were straight up fucked up

True, But the joker we all love is heath ledger of course. The first one is always the best, right?

Thinking outside of comic books and thinking from the average consumer, This movie was allright.

Heath Ledger wasn't my first Joker. Jack Nicholson was, and then Mark Hamill

For someone who isn't a comic sperglord and doesn't know/care about half of the characters, is this movie worth watching? It looks like a meh tier action movie and the hype intrigues me

If, Batman v Superman was incredibly slow and poorly written,
How can I trust DC to have not fucked up SS just as hard?

I feel like I'm the only one who like HiS. But that might be because I'm a fan of the darker tone as well

HiS?

*BvS
Sorry auto correct

Oh, I liked Batman V Superman too. Quite a bit actually. I don't get what all the hate is about other than Marvel fans foaming at the mouth to make their preferred brand seem better than any and all other products

I mean I liked both series on their own, but that movie was so bad from like every angle I tried to enjoy it :(
(Civil war was slow as fuck, but still much better in comparison)
(With the Batman movies being better than both)

I think it was a 7/10 movie as well... I thought the "evil" they were fighting was ridiculous.

That's what kills me!

The DC movies are such utter shit compared to Marvel's,
When both sets of animated movies are the exact opposite
Flashpoint was SO much better than BvS, and it's a 2 million dollar cartoon

Yeah... I'm just waiting on angry joe to hate it because he's still but hurt about superman 'dying' and not in the justice league trailer

I thought the latest marvel movies in ultron wasn't that good, and civil war even tho instilling like both of them as a film I though civil war was a bit overrated. Without spiderman in it who is my favourite superhero it would have been a bang average movie

concur

That movie sucked. They tried really hard to cram alot of things into the movie to the point where it just didn't feel natural. Like how, they referenced the Justice League every now and then but by the late middle and end they just force fed you that shit. We get that its happening and that DC wants to create a DCU after their bad streak of movies in the past but jesus christ they suck at writting.

I actually think the Marvel method of "everyone is just so fun and witty" movie making is getting really really old. Everyone has basically the same personality, nobody ever dies, and unless something happened in Civil War (haven't seen it) the heroes are totally unaware of the coming threat of Thanos THIS far into the story
That angry homo beaner is mad that Superman died? What the fuck did he think they brought Doomsday into the story for? Everyone knows Doomsday is the guy who kills Superman

they completely wasted supermans death though. It could have been an incredible movie dedicated to superman dying but they tried to fit everything they could possibly fit into BvS. They needed to build up to justice league fast so they could keep up with the avengers.

What was that "evil"?

Yeah, the less intelligent guys being able to have 1 liners as often kinda bugs me

I didn't find the movie hard to follow. Maybe it's from years of being a Metal Gear Solid fan. I've got a higher than fuck bar for what is "convoluted"

A Demi-God. I don't think swords, baseball bats, and a 9mm would have any effect on it. Imo

>I actually think the Marvel method of "everyone is just so fun and witty" movie making is getting really really old.

So do I, the ending to civil war was disappointing to me, after all they'd done to each other, and paralyzing someone there best friends again? I didn't like that at all, I thought that was a bit of an image excuse to get on with the next marvel movie. Kind of like what DC did with BvS, even tho I still like that movie

Fucking this.

Jack was best joker best animated joker was mark

So "Percy Jackson and the Suicide Squad"?

Exactly

Yeah I agree, they should have made another superman movie before as well to learn more about him, cus many people don't. It kind of feels as tho DC is in a bit of a mess with ordering there movies, like you just look from a fans perspective and they just seemed mis ordered, because they want to get to the justice league movie. If they could go back in time to change stuff I think they would

I heard BvS had to make a billion to be considered a "hit" by the studio. That's a big gamble.

Hopefully all this crap will make justice league good though. I really hope that all this building up is gonna be worth it in the end.

I think at this point they've over done superman, everyone knows superman and his weaknesses just like we know batman his origin and his weaknesses. I think the world is ready for a movie about kryptons eugenics wars

why in iceland? wasn't there a movie theater any closer?

I bet DC will do everything and anything in their power to milk this new Justice League movie by creating shitty spin offs and sequels to get every penny out of raging and angsty DC fanboys who think DC movies are actually better because their carry a much darker tone and the characters are misunderstood just like them.

One can only hope...

They've done pretty well in the television versions, I just wish DC could recreate that on the big screen

Ik but many people don't really know more than that, if you watch this max landis sums superman up perfectly, and after you kind of realize how much they wasted jim as well, because I really like Henry as superman .

youtu.be/aw_GlYve_Lg

And the second one sounds pretty fucking good, if only they went with this pitch instead

youtu.be/6RWMc-EdDRY

*wasted him

They're probably going to pull a comic and revive him in the new batman or the new wonder woman or even cyborg, we definitely haven't seen the last of this superman version

They said he might be at the end of justice league movie, hopefully that will be a 2 part movie

The thing is that when you do something on the big screen and more money is invested, you lose alot of control over your project. Basically people who don't know shit about DC comics will start sticking their noses and forcing you to make changes so that it can appeal to a larger audience. Its kinda like how Star Wars: Rogue One was recently forced to remake 40% of its scenes because someone thought it was too dark. I bet it would have been a good movie in its original form but because the people investing dont wanna take any risks you usually end up with a shitty product.

ok so overall how was good/bad was the movie? trailers made it look really good..how was the comedy in the movie and the violence

Bump

There is going to be Justice League Part 2 but as far as it being a 2nd part tot he one coming out in 2017...idk i think its just gonna be a sequel and i heard Superman is gonna return in the 3rd act of JL to help fight Steppenwolf after everyone starts getting their asses handed to them

Marvel fan boy detected

Like what is Aquaman even gonna do?

There are definitely some good moments. I thought it was visually stunning, and the character development was good. However, the story arc really isn't that well executed.

I blame the casual fans for this, all they want to see is the basic super hero formula like someone said before

> everyone is so fucking witty
>every superhero is useful and action packed in every situation
>no one does
>constant action with zero actual story

It seems like when someone says "it's too dark" it means it only appeals to people that know the lore and it's aggravating. Seems like people just don't want to think, we truly live in the pokemon go age

what exactly is the story arc in the movie because that still does not make sense to me

Sharknado

Tell everyone to get in the water so he can challenge them to a swimming contest.

I kinda see what you mean, judging by the trailers they just made Joker 3edgy5me, and just made him how he is to appeal to Hot Topic shopping girls who want to fuck Jeff the Killer.

Aquaman can actually be useful in certain situations, my guess is they will be near water

Kek, your the problem here

Sorry for being cryptic. I didn't want to give a bunch of spoilers on here

You're*

The thing that really bugged me was that in the comics the death of superman was such a significant event and in the movies it happens so quickly and by the end of the movie you immediately know he's still alive (though with justice league coming out it should've already been obvious) still

in the JL movie coming out in 2017? not entirely sure i think they're saving him for something big like Superman (i hope not) to make him seem more of a badass because of the ongoing running joke being that Aquaman is useless and has shitty powers so they gotta save him for something epic. anyone who kows the new adaptation of Aquaman knows he's basically Superman of the ocean minus heat vision and some of superman's powers

i just want to know if its actually worth going to the movie or not..me and and like 10 other people have been waiting a while for a suicide squad movie to happen...also could you elaborate on what Batman does in the movie? does he have any speaking lines? what's his purpose? etc.

Yeah and thats why many film adaptations suck, because the people putting in the money want movies that even a 6 year old can enjoy but for the most part it means that they won't really appreciate it because to them its just another movie or something that is trending that they just wanna watch for the sake of watching.

I stand corrected.

>I actually think the Marvel method of "everyone is just so fun and witty"
See also everything Joss Whedon ever made.

I bet the Justice League movie will force some water sequences for the sake of giving aquaman something to do. Just watch.

see

aquaman is one of the strongest characters in the justice league. On top of that he could send like trillions of micro organisms to eat you up from the insides.

Aquaman is just as strong as Superman and Wonderwoman

He can leap far
He can punch hard
He can be just as fast
He can fight just as well

Aquaman is far from useless even out of water

I think it is worth it. I enjoyed the movie, just having them go against a force that has been around for thousands of years with only a few characters with "super" powers made it a tough sell for me. Batman is there because the story begins where BvS ends- the government is scared of another Doomsday, and has a bunch of these supers locked up (some due to batman capturing them)

Lol from what ocean did these Aquaman fanboys crawl out from?

ohhhh ok that answered my other question of when exactly takes place. he has no lines in the movie?

>Shocked to hear when a multi-billion dollar industry that spans comics, books, shows, and movies and has lasted 70+ years has actual fans

Stupid.

Just a few. Mainly a cameo- watch after the credits too

all of them lmao no but seriously Aquaman is pretty awesome he just hasn't been given a fair chance...hopefully JL will change that

was it actual ben affleck speaking or the stunt double? there's an after credit scene?!

*actually

Portrayed by Momoa. He'll be a sideshow at best.

Hey man, hopefully the new JL movie will clear any misconceptions about Aquaman.

It is Affleck, and yep

So far many critics aren't liking suicide squad. But then some say it's one of the best in the D.C. cinematic universe.

doesnt harley quin die at the end?

that's what im hoping...only thing im not looking forward to is the new batsuits...think they should've kept using the same one they did in BvS maybe update the cowl but that's it...2 new batsuits? cmon

That would be fucked up

sweet

I was really against him as batman, but I'm warming to him

I HATE WILL SMITH

Smith's a jaded asshat in this movie, so it fits him

Can't stand his retarded ass face.

Second.