Cary Fukunaga in Talks to Direct HBO Stanley Kubrick Miniseries 'Napoleon,'

Cary Fukunaga in Talks to Direct HBO Stanley Kubrick Miniseries 'Napoleon,'

>HBO is preparing a miniseries based on Stanley Kubrick's research for a film dubbed his "greatest never made film" — a planned story on French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte's 19th century struggle to bring Europe under his total control. True Detective Emmy winner Cary Fukunaga is in talks to direct the mini, which is in development at the premium cable network.

>hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cary-fukunaga-talks-direct-hbo-895382

>Would love a Napoleon miniseries
>But because it's HBO it will be filled with pointless nudity and swearing and out of place contemporary political issues so it can be "topical"

Bullshit. I'm not going to even check that.

It's real

This

Hey at least this will hopefully stop HBO from doing that Wheel of time fantasyshit

napolean will have a black female first mate and when he gets to Egypt he'll get anally raped by a group of blacks with advanced boating technology

How will Fukunaga's absurd boner for explicit child abuse figure into this? Will the first thing Napoleon's soldiers do in each town they take be to graphically gangbang little kids? Will the prettiest little kids be brought to Napoleon so they can give him "relief"?

>it will never be 2004 again

This could be fucking amazing. Apparently Kubrick read around 500 books just as research for this film

>anglocucks in charge of a Napoleon biopic
This will be terrible, won't it?

>I didn't watch Show Me a Hero
Kindly fuck off.

Napoleon was an artillery officer, not a naval captain...

barry lyndon was far better than napolean would have been.

Fuck cary he's doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as. KUBRICK

>everything would be best suited as a HBO miniseries
I didn't know there were people who actually agreed with Sup Forums's retarded preference for bloated runtimes and shitty TV production values.

Fucking whiners. This is going to be incredible.

Kek

Napoleon will be a Bernie Sanders type character who started the French Revolution to redistribute the wealth in France.

The Duke of Wellington will paraphrase a Trump quote every episode.

Fuck off tv is done

>anglos portraying a sympathetic Napoleon
Hahha in your dreams, mate

He'll be a scheming power hungry snake who hijacks the noble revolution and deceitfully maneuvers himself to become a ruthless dictator comparable to Hitler

HBO knows how much people love their anti-heros

I'd rather have Sergio Leone's Leningrad: The 900 Days.