/grimes/

Discuss the artist of the decade, Grimes!

youtube.com/watch?v=SDID5yKU_s8

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/article/feature/37102-column-interrobang-17/
youtube.com/watch?v=zZZ8SGlgv1I
reddit.com/r/LetsTalkMusic/comments/3v21uz/lets_talk_grimes_art_angels/
erik-sanchez.com/Grimes
vmagazine.com/article/v104-grimes-interview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you know that P4K uses a Grimes GIF on their 404 (address not found) page? Refresh this random link (that doesn't exist anymore) few times: pitchfork.com/article/feature/37102-column-interrobang-17/

ya

She really reminds me of one of my friends in terms of her physical frame and how she carries herself
Funnily enough I showed her Grimes' music and she's a big fan

Do some of you also still have the desire to see her live? i still didn't get the chance to see her perform, sadly.

do want but she never appears in my country

She came two times this year to my country but both times I was completely broke, no lie. Same situation with more of my favorite artists, they all flocked here this year and I didn't have any money.

Clairy

wow, she has such a cute little face.. i can see why people waifu her so often

grimes used to be dope af

And wrote the best album.
youtube.com/watch?v=zZZ8SGlgv1I

I do. Maybe on her next tour I'll finally see her live.

>used to
>implying she isn't anymore

lite only

dude look at that chest she is buff as fuck, she probably hits gym like every day. i wouldn't pick a fight with her that's for sure

Grimes is so fucking cute and sweet. I'd treat her to some fancy restaurant, than take a long romantic walk with her, holding hands and talking about philosophy, art and dreams. Then I'd invite her to my home and ravage her hot ass for hours, and forcing my cock up her throat so she chocked on both the throbbing cock and her own rectal juice. I'd then proceed to cum on her cute innocent face. Then. as the ultimate love gift, I'd carry her in my arms to the tub and let my piss wash away the semen and last dignity from her. I'd wisper "I love you" and give her a tender smile, and cut her throat from ear to ear with a knife. Covered in her own warm blood, she'd look straight into my very soul, forgiving, understanding. A bubble from blood and saliva would burst between her lips, then she'd die. After some additional lovemaking, I'd stuff her into a bin bag. Three weeks later, some playing children will find her mutilated and desecrated body in the forest.

They will be scarred for life.

this is not funny dude

You need to be isolated from society

well im on Sup Forums

report, hide and move on

If the language of music is merely the utterance of a melodic line, a simple sequence of musical notes, it can justly be accused of poverty. The addition of a Bass puts it upon a harmonic foundation and clarifies it, but defines rather than gives it added richness. A melody so accompanied—even though all the notes are not those of the true Bass—or treated with simple embellishments in the upper parts, or with simple chords, used to be called “homophony.” But it is a very different thing when two melodies are so interwoven that they converse together like two persons upon a footing of pleasant equality. In the first case the accompaniment is subordinate, and serves merely to support the first or principal part. In the second case the two parts are not similarly related. New melodic combinations spring from their interweaving, out of which new forms of musical expression emerge. If more parts are interwoven in the same free and independent manner, the apparatus of language is correspondingly enlarged, and becomes practically inexhaustible if, in addition, varieties of form and rhythm are introduced. Hence harmony becomes no longer a mere accompaniment of melody, but rather a potent agency for augmenting the richness and expressiveness of musical conversation. To serve that end a simple accompaniment will not suffice. True harmony is the interweaving of several melodies, which emerge now in the upper, now in the middle, and now in the lower parts.

From around 2009, when she was twenty-one, Grime's harmony consists in this melodic interweaving of independent melodies, so perfect in their union that each part seems to constitute the true melody. Herein Claire excels all the composers in the world. At least, I have found no one to equal her in music known to me. Even in his four-part writing we can, not infrequently, leave out the upper and lower parts and still find the middle parts melodious and agreeable.

Does anyone know what equipment she used in her early days?

gargabenad

a yamaha keyboard

a tape recorder she found in the trash

Early years: a shitty Yamaha keyboard and GarageBand

A bit later: Roland SP-404 SX sampler, Roland Juno-G synth, Boss VE-20 vocal pedal, a small mixer, GarageBand

Thanks! I'm ready to jump in!

I love the Nabokov reference too.

Visions need be first

>502 Bad Gateway
stunning

Its actually pretty creepy that her face doesn't move

This. Here's a better chart. Simple, yet effective and not all over the place/messy.

bumperino

thanks. enjoying it so far

would switch visions and realiti and then it's perfect

Agree?

>I don't understand the comments that act like it's some extreme, poppy divergence from her previous work... to me it's a very natural progression from Visions, which I would argue is overall just as pop as Art Angels; alternatively I'd say Art Angels is just as weird as Visions. Tracks like "Easily" and "Laughing and Not Being Normal" sound like they could be better-produced revisions of Geidi Primes songs.

>Honestly I think a lot of people's disappointment with this album comes because they project so much onto Grimes to the point that it's just insulting and trivialises the sincere work and emotion she puts into her art. I feel like a lot of people really want her to be this mystical fairy or something, but in reality she just creates what she loves indiscriminately without caring about what's arty/commercial or highbrow/lowbrow. Her earlier music sounded the way it did because she was still learning to produce in GarageBand, not because she's a quirky post-ironic lo-fi art girl. She has always been open about loving pop music. I feel like now she's finally making the music she really always wanted to make, and it's awesome.

reddit.com/r/LetsTalkMusic/comments/3v21uz/lets_talk_grimes_art_angels/

A true fan

Another quote:

Musically I don't have an album in my library as pop as this, and though I found that at first it seemed obnoxiously accessible, in hindsight it reflects as ridiculously and subtly unpredictable. I find that at least some aspect of every song is intriguingly unique but oddly fucking familiar. Catchy harmony underlies wonky rhythm following consistently bizarre melody each in a way that is distinctly her, and I personally think this sort of genuine feel is valuable to the point of being a necessary requirement of a top tier album. There, I said it.

As an example, let me tell you about the album's final track "Butterfly": it is astonishing. It starts innocently, almost laughably, a stringed something plucks funnily, descending in celebration as some african ass wind picks up to blow along for the ride. Suddenly, jarringly, it turns into this beast of a dance club head bob, abandoning any resemblance to anything acoustic or related to the intro at all. She delivers saddish lyrics with the motherfucking catchiest matter-of-fact flow for the remainder of the verse, swollen on by a killer fat ass bass establishing a whiplash backdrop by fading in so fucking brilliantly on the beat. The escapist verse evolves into a confessional prechorus by returning unexpectedly to that discomforting intro.

You think "Where's the overlap between the two pieces, though? I find this disagreeable. Where's the harmony?"

And in a Godly way she brings the two seemingly irreconcilable pieces together: the odd bubbly string intro and the morose dance banger verse do resolve.

But actually, don't worry about that.

"Why are you looking for a harmony? There is harmony in everything."

When you look for it, at best you'll be surprised to find where it is. At worst you'll end up missing it, and you'll end up missing Grimes.

Sure, it's an obvious truth.

Sup Forums should have a picture of Grimes on 404 pages too

she is great

Just imagine how pissed off the haters would be...

what do you think she dreamed about last night?

her future husband (me)

Weird. I don't remember making this post.

She's 5'5" and 100 pounds with weak ankles I should hope you could take her

big black cocks

kys

Hey that's my chart, nice to see someone posting it. Makes me feel good about myself

t. average grimesfag

>Makes me feel good about myself
enjoy it because that's probably the only gesture of approval you will ever receive in your pathetic basement-dwelling life

delet this

SEE YOU ON A DARK NIGHT

little white?

Fyi it's a cinemagraph - hence the cool creepiness.

An even simpler one, that is also purposefully symmetrical.

erik-sanchez.com/Grimes

underrated

How often do you listen to Grimes?

kek, this is some solid pasta you got there sir.

How that crap is still not deleted? Voignamirians report that shit and hopefully that asshat will be banned.

24 hours a day.

Lol I made it in an hour during my break in the summer. I have a pretty regular life

>grimes
>art pop
pick one and only one

Pick both.

I used to think so too. But her early stuff is pretty artsy.

grimes is not art pop

Prove it.

P4k are grimes posters

Why the Grimes haters are so obnoxious?

why are grimesfags so rabid?

i wonder when we're gonna get more art

Venus Fly video next and hopefully a new album next year. At very least we'll get just a new song.

no she quit music for 2 years.

False.

nope. go listen to her beats1 interview

Grimes seems like she would be really smelly, she's quite attractive otherwise though

to do what?

eat spaghetti i guess

beat people up.

not even kidding.

she actually smells amazing

Like this?

jesus christ it's nearly 2017 and there's still grimes threads

I think she joked about that break. I suggest you to read a more recent interview: vmagazine.com/article/v104-grimes-interview/

>As she closes the door on this album, Boucher has a calmer project in mind for the next: “I’m really vibing on making something really slow and gorgeous that just breathes, and has room to breathe. I feel like my work has always been fast paced, kinetic, and almost just manic and I feel like for me the hardest thing I can do is make something that’s slow and heavy. I’m so ADD in my work; I really want to push myself into something that would be slower and more reflective.”

Maybe she will change her mind, but at least she has a new project.

She's still relevant. Better be prepared to see these threads for many years to come if she will keep releasing music.

if grimes tweeted asking all her fans to kill themselves would you do it?

i've been here since 2012. the grimesfaggotry was nowhere near the levels of insanity that it has reached over the last year.

What makes you believe we would do that?

???

this

Art Angels is the new Bach

Why?

i bet she does smell gross but also in very female way, i would love it

>implying you're much cleaner than her

>le current year

Who said she was?

I certainly wouldn't. So no.

spaghetti primes is my favourite of hers

i enjoy it at least once a week, it's a real treat

But user, isn't she the 21st century's Beethoven?