What gives Walmart security the right to check my bags as I'm leaving?

What gives Walmart security the right to check my bags as I'm leaving?

Other urls found in this thread:

aclu.org/constitution-100-mile-border-zone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The fact your a nigger and niggers steal... Duh

It's the same with Costco, but I let them do it because there's no point in starting anything.

Who gives a fuck? Worry about your 240lb disgusting excuse for body faggot.

Actually you can legally refuse. They can insist but they have to accuse you of stealing to do so which could result in a suit or counter-suit.
Problem is it's easier to just let them do it than make a stink every time.

Costco "can" because you're technically a "member" which also enables you to shop there.

Either way it is irritating as fuck! Just on more of life's little inconviences.

they don't have the right, unless they have seen definitive evidence that you put product in your bags, pockets, etc, and you failed to pay for them. For example you stuff a 65" tv in your pocket(yes i know you can fit bigger) but you passed the last register and kept walking.

Is this actually a thing in the US?

>mfw when I can just go into a shop and buy stuff without getting searched
>mfw I have no face

Don't enable this nigger

They can't legally. I just ignore them.

"Have a receipt?" "Yup."

"I have to see your bags." "No that's alright, thank you."

And just keep leaving. They have security tape if they have suspicion. But they don't have the right to an illegal search. Be friendly, be direct, don't stop.

I shopped at my local Walmart today, and the lady who checks the bags waved me by and did not show any concerns

>What gives Walmart security the right to check my bags as I'm leaving?
They don't have the right, it's illegal search if they insist ,they can't even stop you from leaving. It's false imprisonment

We have niggers who steal and murder you have dune coons who prefer rape

nothing- as soon as the transaction is finished, it IS your property, there is nothing in property law about having to leave the premises first....

and yes you're on their private property, but all that means is they can ask you to leave, it's not trespassing unless you are told verbally or via sign posting.

I think they do the checking because they distrust their own cashiers, in which case
>not my problem bitch

for example if you

>tfw no town rapist

Nothing. You don't have to comply.

>Is this actually a thing in the US?

its never happened to me , but then I don't bring bags with me into stores.

there is a handful of videos of niggers getting fucked up by Walmart theft prevention
For real guys dont be a nigger and shoplift from walmart

>mfw barely any foreigners where I live
>mfw low crime levels
>mfw I have no face

Have fun getting your ass probed by a walmart bag checker

but they actually stole tho

Welcome to the Land of the Free. Private enterprise does not have the same constraints your government is supposed to have.

their property, their rules.

niggers steal more shit, so they'll get profiled and harassed more.

white privilege...gitcha some. :)

and some nigress always flips out during the struggle despite knowing the nog actually did steal
>YALL HURTING HIM
>YALL HURTING HIM
>ALL DIS OVA FI DOLLAZ?
>WHY YALL DOIN DIS

Not how it works in the US.

>their property, their rules.
Not how that works, you cannot keep someone from leaving your property unless they have committed a crime and you can prove it.

As a black user doesnt bother me at all just the niggers stealing and shit since they can't fucking afford it.

Not just that.
aclu.org/constitution-100-mile-border-zone

This is correct. You are protected from illegal searches and seizures under the 4th amendment. Even Police have to follow strict guidelines to avoid illegal searches.

If people actually stood up for their fucking rights then they would do away with this silly ass receipt check.

>their property, their rules.
I think you misunderstand how property works.

You don't have different rights on a businesses private property, and they don't gain additional rights just because it's a business. All they can do is ask you to leave. If you pay for shit and the transaction ends, that's it. You are now in possession of your own property and attempting to leave. If they saw a theft on camera, they're supposed to wait outside anyway because if they stop you in the store it won't yet be theft and will be thrown out of court.

The misconception is that only blacks steal,how many heroin addict and tweakers of all race color and creed steal? Hell ,how many white suburban kids steal just for the fun of it?
Still doesn't make you any less of a nigger though, user

you're not even a US citizen, so fuck off. :)

The Constitution applies only to government and its agents. Walmart and Costco are not government. Well, at least not officially.

OH LOOK ITS THIS COPYPASTA THREAD AGAIN

who said anything about keeping someone from leaving your property?

sure you do. are you subject to search before entering venues? airlines? no difference between entering and exiting. :)

I said it nigger, the same thing applies to wall mart,you must be dense to not be able to make the connection

If I what? If I whaaaaaaaaaat?

hi, nigger. i'm user. :)

learn to spell, then i'll take you seriously. :)

not true, armchair lawyer

Are you guys just spouting off laws u "think" is the case or do you have any proof to back up ur claim that its an illegal search?

You know who refuses to be searched? People who have something to hide.

The fact that you were just on their private property, and they aren't the government so no warrant is needed. Also their security has a license given by the state that allows them to legally search and detain anyone suspected of shoplifting. By going into walmart you are consenting to being searched if they have reasonable doubt you were to shoplift. Now, they do have to defend it in court they aren't completely above the law. But just don't go into Walmart if you don't like that shit you faggot.

A very sexy blonde girl checked my receipt at Costco today. I had the pleasure of standing there, looking at her pretty face and her sexy body for an extra 5 seconds. If you can't handle a receipt check, KYS immediately.

It's the second one.

Stop being a nigger and stop stealing shit.

Then people will stop treating you suspiciously.

Yeah, it actually is THAT easy.

>concert
>airline
Upon buying or redeeming those tickets you agree to certain safety rules that you don't have to accept, you can just not go if you choose. In both cases they have safety rules mostly to cover their own asses from lawsuits, which they would absolutely be open to if they just let a bunch of batons and brass knuckles and glass bottles in.

At a store there is no agreement of any kind, at any point.

not going to tell you now

True

I am a fucking white male between the ages of 25 and 30 I never get stopped

its just a precaution in case you have been globally positioned

Wrong.

The Constitution applies for all U.S. citizens.

Also - they cannot illegally detain you, or they can be sued (and beat) in court. As it has happened time, and time again. Wal-Mart loses court cases all the time to this, but the argument is they loose less money through court than through stolen products so they continue to "ASK" for your permission to search the cart and/or receipt.

kill yourself : )

he's talking about checking personal belongings, not a normal receipt check, christ
get some reading comprehension

I used to work there and no, they aren't legally allowed to detain you, they cannot stop you from leaving.

this whole thread just enforces my belief that all races of people should live separately. We wouldn't have half the fucking problems that we do now.

Never seen walmart search bags.

They have, in the past, searched receipts for items too big for a bag.

They seemed to have stopped that now, though. Someone probably beat his ass

Nothing. Once you've been through checkout, that shit is YOUR PERSONAL PROPERTY and they have no right to rummage through it.

If by "we" you mean white people, then you're right, we wouldn't.

Retail stores in white neighborhoods and rural towns and shit don't have security guards and shoplifting problems for a reason.

Black neighborhoods, though? Yeah they're going to have all the same problems. And they'll even still blame it on white people.

Your willingness to be a little bitch and let them

You can stop them, but they can also tell you not to come back. Stop being a faggot.

You remind me of those people that make youtube vids of them being autistic as fuck at places like Starbucks where they refuse to say the size names

Enable to figure it out yet

Except there is. The rights of the property owner is that they can make you leave for any reason. They do not have the right to hold you though. Therefore, search to enter property = legal and okay. Forced search to leave = kidnapping. It's not forced though as many user have already said and anyone at any time has every right to request you to do just about anything. You do not have to comply though. They can however ask you to leave and never come back. This puts you at risk of trespassing. So if you're a nog and they know you stole something, all they can do is make sure you are not allowed back and police may get involved.

Dated a Wal-Mart loss prevention agent, got all sorts of inside info. First, if you walk away they can't do anything about it. Second, they can't physically harm you in any way. And last, they lose cause to accuse you of theft if they break line of sight at any time after watching you actually steal something. You have to be dumb as shit to get caught and charged (by police of course) for stealing from a Wal-Mart, and yet still they caught a dozen people a day on average.

all the stolen Wallmart goods in the bag

It's not an illegal search. It is a request and if you say yes you have consented. If you say no and they do anyway (they wont) that is an illegal search. Wtf, I thought this was common knowledge

Dont look like an autist when you approach the exit. Black guy here, buy stuff at costco/walmart all the time, never have any issues.

Thats what you get for being white
You deserved that kind of racist treatment

You're describing company policies, which are supposed to comply with all applicable laws. Walmart is not constrained by the Constitution. It is constrained by things like the Civil Code, the Penal Code, and the Business and Professional Code. The loss-prevention "associate" can hold a shopper against their will while waiting for the local police to arrive and take over if the associate has good cause to believe the shopper has stolen merchandise on their person. It used to be that the shopper had to leave the premises before the merchandise could be considered stolen, but I have heard that lately they don't even need to go out the door with it.

They dindu nuffin

Nice try, chronic master-baiter.

That's why you conceal carry and cap there ass when they touch you. Stand your ground laws apply