>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g77eCIdKlHY
youtube.com/watch?v=cAvMIX4Hlic
youtube.com/watch?v=NQCjsohPmkk
youtube.com/watch?v=F3bBoB4z2Es
youtube.com/watch?v=LtGhozsubQg
youtube.com/watch?v=92QVw5eoYCA
youtube.com/watch?v=Mf5YSrfj2Ns
youtube.com/watch?v=e-ZVkESecXk
youtube.com/watch?v=vI5YqFL2PT0
youtube.com/watch?v=1D593dU08zE
discord.gg/FpjY5
discord.gg/sAcrN
youtu.be/ak9EVybfC8k
youtu.be/qmYkAZy__sY
redbubble.com/people/seligosa/works/22430976-rachnera?grid_pos=65&p=sticker
clyp.it/zd0f1jv0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Weeb musicians before weebs existed.
youtube.com/watch?v=g77eCIdKlHY

1st for J Mascis

Thats joey ramone you noob

Third for my new pedals

Hey /gg/ how should I be learning guitar right now I'm really stressing because I don't want to fuck this up I started standing and learning how to play with my guitar standing up I'm wondering how to learn how to play by ear and what are some good songs to do that with and learning how to use a metronome to learn how to play consistently. How should I practice with these two things should I be finding songs at a low bpm and working with those and then doing scales and chord progressions?

Anyone use a pedaltrain pedal board? I just told my mate I'd buy his Nano + for £20 (Which is half the price new), did I get a good deal?

Chill
Smoke weed
Play notes

fug, trips confirm

yeah I have a pedaltrain 2, it's really nice, they're sturdy and not heavy at all, if you get the bag all the better

Does it come with a bag? Or do you have to buy one separately?

Post a song by a band you've opened for.
youtube.com/watch?v=cAvMIX4Hlic

It should come with a bag or case, ask your friend if he's got it.

What I do with a metronome is find the tempo that I can play something comfortably at then practice it 20bpm faster, spend about an hour doing that and you will start improving. Remember to aim for cleanliness not just stumbling over the notes.

Here's a good song to learn by ear
youtube.com/watch?v=NQCjsohPmkk

I have one of the huge ones, never used it since I only use a few pedals at a time. The nano seems like a good option, you got it for a good price.

Should I practice with scales too any advice on learning chord progressions or playing by ear thank you for taking the time out of your day to reply!

I wish I could play this by ear holy shit

am i supposed to be turned on or disgusted by that pic, i genuinely do not know

He does, and he's including it with the board, no extra cost, Cheers for point it out user

Once you get past the chicks vocals the song is pretty comfy, post a song from your band

youtube.com/watch?v=F3bBoB4z2Es

>I started standing and learning how to play with my guitar standing up
Set your strap properly and playing standing becomes the same as playing sitting
>I'm wondering how to learn how to play by ear
you get good and train your ear
>and what are some good songs to do that with
any songs with simple harmonies and chords
>and learning how to use a metronome to learn how to play consistently. How should I practice with these two things should I be finding songs at a low bpm and working with those and then doing scales and chord progressions?
there's no subtelities in playing with a metronome. it clicks, you play at the same time
you can train yourself to subdivide the beat afterwards, so for example playing something at 120bpm and setting the metronome at 60bpm
For songs, just find some you're comfortable with.
For scales and chord progression, learn how they're made, create some melodies that encompass those characteristics, and practice them with a metronome just like you'd practice a song

>Smoke weed
*tips bong rip*

Transilvanian Hunger is tricky, the main melody is easy but there's some doubling up with the root below.

>opening for Septicflesh
You've gotta be kidding me I love these guys.
Post your band.

Anything and everything dude. In the beginning just have fun, you don't have to be too serious about it. Learning songs that you like (by ear or tab) will be greatly beneficial. Same with chord progressions, it's helpful to know the theory behind them (scale degrees and so on) but right now you can just practice changing from different chords smoothly. Start with open chords then move on to barre chords.

All of this can be practiced with a metronome.

>he doesn't get off to thiq

youtube.com/watch?v=LtGhozsubQg

How does slap bass sound like through a 100% wet reverse delay ? I'm curious.

Yeah, she drums and sings live which is kind of weird. Really cool chicks though. The bassist was cool.

We also opened for these dudes
youtube.com/watch?v=92QVw5eoYCA

And my personal fav.
youtube.com/watch?v=Mf5YSrfj2Ns

I just busted my high e string and figured now is as good a time as any to get into 5-string Open G blues and honky tonk. What are some good songs to learn for that tuning and style?

Jesus fucking Christ, that's what Darkthrone sounds like? Black metal is just one big joke, right?

>Been drumming for years
>Just realised I can barely keep time
What a fucking idiot I've been.

One of my favorite bands has the same drummer and singer set up (Hail the Sun)

Really like those songs you posted, for upbeat songs theres something really chill about them

i learned this riff by ear, it's really simple. tremolo picking is a difficult technique to get used to though.
pleb

>implying Darkthrone's production is bad
Brace yourself lad.
youtube.com/watch?v=e-ZVkESecXk

Also Darkthrone and the early black metal bands at least had an actual excuse for sounding like shit production wise, it's because none of them were competent at mixing, raw black metal and all that underground shite is a joke though.

Yeah, they were chill guys. Turbogeists singer is actually Mick Jaggers son. Found that out literally the morning after the show. Really cool fucking dude, he was. Didn't say shit about him being Micks son. It was pretty funny, the bass player and me were bullshitting outside and he was like "Yeah, we're all Micks sons in this band." And the joke went right over my head until I found out from my drummer.

Holy fucking shit, talk about shoes to fill, still, seems like you got a pretty cool thing going on, I'm still trying to get my first band together, I cant wait to do dumb band stuff

Its just a tiny fucking world man. You on the discord?

Not current, and I don't have a mic atm either, back home for Christmas

Well, I'd prefer to move this discussion about bands and shit to the discord, don't figure the others want to read about what makes or breaks beginning bands.

Start playing with something like pic where you can set when it clicks

T H I C C

how do you dudes approach band members having bad taste in gear

>don't figure the others want to read about what makes or breaks beginning bands.
Non-discord user here, I'm kinda curious about this, plus it's related to /gg/ kinda.

>kinda of weird
Unusual buy not weird

It's one hell of a feat
youtube.com/watch?v=vI5YqFL2PT0
youtube.com/watch?v=1D593dU08zE

Is the discord text chat as well, and invite please?

What type of guitar orientated music do you play, or are trying to play in a band setting? Do you live in a tiny town or a city? Give me some basic info.

discord.gg/FpjY5

discord.gg/sAcrN

I'm more curious about the general stuff like band dynamics and getting gigs, not looking for a life counselor

steve vai is a meme
youtu.be/ak9EVybfC8k

Theres two of us, I am the first guy, I play guitar in Swansea (Small city in Wales), I want to play noise rock with some grunge influences, there is already an established music society at my uni where I found my "band mates", we are yet to practice all together but there will be practice space available in the new year

Don't say anything unless you plan on buying them new stuff.

Yeah, I'm going to get all over the metronome game, can't really believe my playing is so sloppy, guess thats the problem with drums being so loud.

rude

Just don't be cunts to each other. Show wise, if you got friends in a more established band with the generally same ballpark sound of sound, latch on them for a bit and be their opener bitch. But always strive to steal the show from them. People will notice.

Get some type of demo put together asap. Best way to get a rough demo to just get out there is to record your instruments all together and just layer the vocals over it. The goal is to just get something to hand to people once you start getting shows. Put your facebook/twitter/myspace or whatever you use on all of your merch.

Shit, I had a art friend of mine make shitty collage and put our band name and our facebook link and we got like 100 likes after our second show when we handed out the fliers. Don't buy likes. Also, see above. If you got some friends that can help you get out there, thats great.

Cheers user, time to get some shitty art friends, also I know about a recording studio near where I live that lets students hire it out as a practice space for a pretty reasonable price, and for a little extra you get the whole session recorded too, I've been trying to get the others organized but its like herding cats get a group of people all in the same place at the same time

Take charge. Someones gotta be the dude that does it.

d-do you have patch cables?

Been trying, still, its was pretty close to the end of the semester when I found out, and so organizing it was going to be a mess, I'll get it done in the new year

Also, just in case we've gone a little off topic, there is a picture of a Blackstar amp I own

1. Take pictures from a show
2. Post them in /gg/
3. Let /gg/ savage gear
4. Show band mates the thread.
Profit?

Yep, why?

>Admitting to your bandmates you browse the chan

youtu.be/qmYkAZy__sY

just checking

that's a big board

I don't know why, but I'm assuming you're a three piece? If thats the case, and you play bass, and use fender, don't fall for the jazz meme. Go straight up precision and get that heavier tone.

Means to an end.

>the chan
kill self

For you

uuuu

I have a big ass Rachnera (from monster musume) sticker on my guitar and I tell my bandmates I browse "the chan" all the time. I don't give a fuck, and it actually pulls chicks in to talk to me about what the stickers all about.

We are a three piece (missing a singer tho, so I guess we'd be a 4 piece in the future) but I play guitar, don't remember the bass my bassist uses

Newfag

>I have a big ass Rachnera (from monster musume) sticker on my guitar
pics or it's bullshit

>implying
I've been here all summer.

Kek

I believe you

Anybody?

Well, you're gonna have to call it bullshit, cuz I am not gonna post my gear and get bullied. But here's the sticker in question
redbubble.com/people/seligosa/works/22430976-rachnera?grid_pos=65&p=sticker

this is a bully free zone

>I am not gonna post my gear and get bullied.
This screams pussy and Squier
I need to get me one of them anime tiddies once I get my next guitar though

This is a safe space where you can share user, post your weird fetish will your at it too

Close, its mexican fender.

Is it a jazzmaster

P bass.

Why such shame?

Doesn't your swear, piss and shit make it come off?

Are the closed back Harley Bentons loaded with V30s any good? For metal.

Just seems too good to be true.

i'm currently looking for a new band and haven't opened for anyone worth mentioning. Buddy of mine opened for that band Hands Like Houses though. He said they were okay guys, only used Kempers and no real amps though. Decent sound apparently.

Because its covered in duct tape and stickers and shit. And I totally didn't switch basses because of K On.

that's not even shameful that's just outright boring

I use my cum as glue, so nah, i don't think its coming off any time soon.

wouldn't it make more sense to angle the frets the other way?

sounds p grunge

>would it make more sense to have the lowest string a shorter scale ?

Nah, there's that scene in Scott Pilgrim where he had that duct taped up rickenbacker and I stole that. I thought it looked pretty fucking cool.

>V30s
Chink V30's

like most v30s though. Unless it's Mesa v30s

clyp.it/zd0f1jv0

>Scott Pilgrim
>cool

The bass was cool. Didn't say he was cool.

scott pilgrim reminds me of my best buddy/housemate. hopeless fucking gimp that everyone thinks is cool. he's a good dude though

That isn't me, I tried googling it and couldn't see what it looked like, are you sure you can't post a photo? Sounds like a pretty novel idea

Well it looks fucking lame, Scott Pilgrim is lame and you're fucking lame.

Don't put stickers or tape on your instrument what are you 12?