Sup Forums i'm experiencing depression and i want to know how you guys get through it...

Sup Forums i'm experiencing depression and i want to know how you guys get through it , what do you do to keep your mind off being sad

Whenever i'm in a funk, I watch old roast videos on youtube. They always make me laugh and keep my mind off the problem.

Thanks user just trying to distract myself

I drive. It doesn't last long though, I'll probably just kill myself within the next few months.

Sorry to hear m8 i feel you i can be happy for a short period of time then i'm down for a long time

I either jack off, watch some god-tier stand up comedy bits, listen to either really good or really relaxing music, scribble shit on a piece of paper, work out, watch a really good movie or play a really good video game.

That's all I got for now

Thanks user it all helps

First step get the fuck off Sup Forums onlt the b& know peace from this evil.

I listen to music...study Japanese. I workout daily, but it's really just for myself, since I'm always alone. One thing that keeps me stable is making sure I take in an episode of Star Trek each night, at exactly the same time. My family and friends have pretty much abandoned me at this point in my life; they go on living theirs, but don't even stop to ask me how I'm doing or how life is going.

So, I just bury myself in my hobbies, go shopping sometimes, and dream about the better times I had while living abroad, as well as hope for a better future for myself if/when I go back overseas.

there's nothing wrong with being sad user. sadness is a part of life and lets you know when you should change things

I force myself to remember times when I was happy. Doesn't matter how long ago it was. I find it helps.

I normally talk to people.
Usually not about what's bothering me, just normal conversations.

Get into therapy yesterday. /thread

Read or watch some Eckhart Tolle, helped me.

Anime and videogames are the only things that keep me sane. Without them i wouldve killed myself long ago

I work and spend time with loved ones. If you spend more time on other things and think less about yourself, it really helps.

food
cute animals
vidya

I know it helps to show things you have done wrong
Yeah definetly helps when i can distract myself

I drive too, way out in the dark.
It might be childish but the feeling of freedom and self-direction I get when wandering the roads really helps boost me up.

Therapists hurt more than they help, and they don'y really give a shit about their patients.
>pretend to listen to someone talk about their problems for an hour
>charge them for said hour
>prescribe expensive 'happy pills'
>next

Why don't you stop being such a pussy?

>inb4 bait

Tell me things like depression, anxiety and anorexia are "real" with a straight face

Honestly just start working out if you haven't already.

That hasn't been my experience.

And sometimes you need pills.

I went to therapy when i was younger didn't help too much just antidepressants and told me to talk to someone i trusted the usual

I'd rather be a pussy than an asshole.

Masturbation.

In the end we'll all be dead anyway. The universe is so vast and in comparison our lives are insanely fast. I just hold out until I die naturally so I don't hurt people around me. Sure it sucks, but in the end I won't remember it, and staying around a few more years will positively impact the people around me (at least more than a suicide would)

Try a different therapist IMO. Sometimes it takes time to find the right one. If you're soured on it that's cool, but it helped me and it has helped others I know.

here

is really right on some level. If your sadness is because of something you yourself did/didn't do, like say, not making enough friends, not socializing enough, try and fix those problems directly before anything. If you think you're beyond saving or it's all because of a grill or something, do what you have to do bro.

Watch Cow Chop. Its helped me just laugh and have a better day.

They are real but fuckers do them to themselves.

u wot

I try to find sources of the problem, like earlier I was really distraught because I allowed my insecurities to feed into an offhand comment that completely debased my personality, like it was incurably fractured. It hurt my head, my body felt empty, I couldn't even reject it as false without it digging further into my head.
Now it's relatively laughable, even if it is true. After all, who cares? I'm not going to let an audience of snakes dictate how I feel for the day.
So try to be more accurate with what's bothering you instead of lumping everything into a dreadful, overwhelming category as depression, because then you're just giving it power to assimilate other things. Instead view it as what is is, separate chunks that can be worked on over time.

That's it.

I take shrooms cause The only "cure" for depression is facing What really makes you sad instead of distracting myself with other shit

The kicker is we know we do it to ourselves and we know there's no reason to feel like that but it doesn't make it stop

C U C K

I really like stand up comedy when I'm feelin down. I'm never interested unless I'm feelin low, but it perks me up for a while. Honestly laugh out loud and smile. Even if its forced, eventually you'll start feeling better, I learned that after a pretty bad breakup, even if I hated the world, I'd smile as much as possible, and say hi to strangers even in passing, it helped. Beyond that, exercise works great, and work, get a 2nd job, you wont have time to think about being depressed, and youll make bucks. Remember its all temporary man, everybody gets to feelin down sometimes. Life goes in a wheel man, youll have good times, and more bad times, its how it is. I feel you, remember theres an internet stranger that'd give you a hug if I were around. Also watch Friends, its pretty good when you're down.

Thanks i guess thats a better way
I guess i could try that

Why bother paying therapists to hear you out and pretend to care? You can just discuss it on Sup Forums with people who are on the same boat.

I drove for two months after college. I saw the country with the woman I loved, but I had a really hard time when I got back. I ended up living in a house her mom was flipping in another state with her for two months more rather than be at home with my parents.

I drove the whole time, 16,000 miles (and only one oil change because im a retard) and I wouldnt have it any other way. I also wasted half the money i got when my grandad died on that trip.

I suppose getting on Sup Forums and talking about it is better than nothing.

The whole "pretend to care" thing doesn't really even enter the equation for me. Who cares if my therapist only listens to me blab for 1 hour because she is paid too. Doesn't make a difference. Sessions are still productive.

I personally suffered from anorexia for a long time. Its legit and its something not easy getting out of.

i wanna pull the skin off your face

I go on Sup Forums and get angry or laugh at things instead

Thats what I wanna do, just take off and see where I end up. I'm ready to leave everything behind and start over somewhere new, the only problem is money.

I'd suggest you to count more on yourself. Seeking the correct advice, the right therapist, the best distraction, the person who understands... It's all you trying to redirect the blame. The fastest way out is when you find that you can only count on yourself.

Yeah, who'd better help a depressed fuck on the Internet than another depressed fuck, am I right?
The wheel just keeps on rolling forever, for all of us. That's just how this meaningless life is. Stay strong user

Yeah other boards help
True in the end you have yourself and thats it but i like to think someone will help

Mirtazapine is my lord and savior

Thanks ill do my best to keep on

I read SMBC

I can't remember the last time i felt happiness

Improve yourself. Learn a skill, an instrument, get into a hobby, fishing is really relaxing. I have off days like everyone but I haven't felt depressed for 4 or so years. For me it's just a perspective thing. I can sit hear and lament on all the things that suck, but if course I'll feel sad. If I don't dwell on the bad but the good in my life I find myself a much happier person. Take nothing for granted, I feel so lucky to never really know hunger pains. I grew up poorish aND there tines all we had was rice or beans or pasta but I never went hungry. Focus on the good in your life, if there is none create it

you don't remember being a child?

money is always the problem. Do you have any skills? you can apply to be a forest ranger or some shit. also whatever money you do have will get you sooooooo much farther in the middle of the country.they practically pay you to rent in some flyover states.

change something about your daily life. something drastic. Your brain needs new stimuli

Thanks user good to hear you made it through that though not many people do

I do Opiods, that helps a lot. Also I got new Antidepressants - Bupropion - which seem to go very well with the Opiods and make life a lot easier to bear with. Also watching shitloads of anime. Whatever Europa is dying, I might as well feel decent till the end.

No skills, I don't even have a high school diploma yet. What states are you talking about?

Thanks user. You will get through it too. Buddha says life is suffering and you must enjoy it if you want to get through it. Embrace the shitty for what it is, and your good days will mean much more. Don't run from anything, confront your feelings before they are problems. I'm 24 now, was depressed for every one of my teen years. How old are you user? I feel like I've gotten ten years wiser for every year I've aged after 18 and I understand myself much much better than young me did

But there's really now way through it. I was in a down year, ages ago, cutting myself and getting into drugs, and I had a moment of clarity when i got off all my lexapro and realized I am alone and the world is a sad place. Once I realized that an uptick wasn't realistic, and that what I thought was a pit was just reality, I got over it all and became a highly functional, jaded and numb adult.

Yeah i feel you coming up on 20 in two months

I suffered for over a decade and when people said this stuff to me I thought it was bullshit. Honestly.
But, if you can find for yourself why these things work, you will be on the path to good life again.
I promise.

Stop thinking of yourself and your feelings.
Stop trying to 'figure this shit out'.
Achieve this by engrossing yourself in meaningful work.
This work can be anything that keeps you busy and that you have an invested interest in.

Working out is good too. I started lifting, started seeing change and got hooked. It changed my life for the better in uncountable ways.

Try to be busy and pay attention to your body. Ignore the mind for now, it;s had enough of your attention for far too long.

Good luck user.
It'll get better.

Hopefully afor you, like me it's just a part of growing up. Im not done growing up still for sure though, I'm not done learning either. Your goal should be every year to make yourself mentally healthier. It's a slow struggle, progress is not super obvious. I never tried psychedelics besides weed when I was depressed, have you ever had acid or shrooms?

Also, just be ok with shit.
No need to be spiritual with it or anything, just own what you have.
Your situation, your life, the good and the bad, take ownership and responsibility for them.
Separate from the emotion of it all and be practical about it.