Warcraft

>World of Warcraft is the single most-successful entertainment property of all-time, having generated over $10 billion so far.
>The Warcraft movie is about to spawn a movie franchise and take this brand to the next level
Is Blizzard the next Disney?

>Blizzard
I really hope they do little to nothing related to these movies, otherwise it's going to be awful

neo-Blizzard is pure cancer

They really can't write for shit. They don't even try to be adventurous with their writing either, Overwatch is incredibly safe because it's a new IP and Blizzard needs to make as much money as possible after blowing so much on Titan and turning it into Overwatch.

does blizzard even have anything to with the warcraft movie? or did they just sell the rights for a movie to someone?

Metzen said he was working on it

>nervous_laughter.jpg

That's is bullshit, he just said that he approved of Ducan Jones' way of handling the story. This film has a chance to be good, he wasn't involved in any other way besides the source material.

You can blame Metzen mostly for that. His love for all things Thrall/Horde wrote them into a corner.

Metzen doesn't actually write anything, he just approves of everything the writers do. Basically he's really shit at his job.

maybe it will give a kick in the ass of the traditional majors. one can hope. I dont mean blizzard in particular, but having gaming companies starting their own studio could change the landscape a bit. Videogame isnt an industry afraid of R ratings for instance.
I know I'm optimistic in saying this. But fuck the MPAA and PG 13 seriously

Kind of like his love of all things Kerrigan/Raynor related turned a game about galactic warfare into a love story.

Does Overwatch even have a story or they are trying to patch things up now and work their way depending on fans' reactions?

They've been making cinematics and stuff for a while, so it can be assumed that there's at least a tiny bit of story.

There's not a lot to it yet.

Overwatch has a story but it isn't affected by the actual game. From what I understand the story is all built around the cinematic's and comics and the game is just playing around in that world ignoring consistency outside of the maps where things involving the cinematic's are shown. The Hanamura map has battle damage from the Hanzo movie.

It's pretty much just G.I. Joe meets the Watchmen.

Activision is cancer, and raped wow

Hearthstone and Overwatch teams are pretty based

Doesn't the fact that they're willing to cancel something they spent so much money on sort of contradict your post though? So many people shit on them for "making money" yet they never consider how much they do the opposite when it doesn't meet their standards. Warcraft Adventures, Starcraft: Ghost, Titan, etc... The very reason they make this much money is because the standard of their games are above the norm.

Also who cares about their writing skills? The base story and mythology is interesting enough and that's all that matters. From there any actual talented movie writer can come in and make a good script out of it with their own smart changes. Kind of like what Duncan Jones is doing for this one.

They are very much involved. Blizzard didn't handle this like all the other video game companies. They gave rights to their IP on condition of keeping veto rights on the script. Which is very smart to protect their brand.

But that's a reason why it took so long for this movie to come to fruition. They waited to make sure it was in the right hands and that they knew it would be good enough to meet their standards. That's why they vetoed Sam Raimi's script a few years back when he just wanted to make a generic good humans vs evil orcs fantasy trope movie.

I want to see this succeed just to see the priceless reactions.

No. Metzen had a consulting role only and was a producer on the movie. It's Duncan's script.

I feel like he gets way to much hate. Sure some of his recent writing have been iffy but do people forget he also wrote the old games?

It does. They're just introducing it via cinematics, which is a great way to built the characters to be honest. The game itself doesn't have a campaign right now.

He's the reason much of the lore exists, but he's also a big reason why most of the current shitty lore exists. I'm not going to sing his praises. He wrote something good and then proceeded to shit on it.

god no

>That's why they vetoed Sam Raimi's script a few years back when he just wanted to make a generic good humans vs evil orcs fantasy trope movie.
but that's exactly what the original Warcraft was, Raimi based as always.

Sup Forums hates everything that's big and successful.

the video wow is an dying old man. The game is in a no content drought right now.

The original Warcraft was written in 1994 or even earlier. It was incredibly generic because they were just thinking about making a cool game back then, they weren't thinking about how huge the mythology would grow. Can you really blame them for coming back and fleshing it out years later? I find it much more complex and interesting now.

Also Raimi wasn't making a movie based on the RTS story. He was just taking the mythology and making his own story set in Azeroth. Basically he was just going to ride Warcraft's brand to make a fantasy cliche.

I'd much rather have Duncan Jones, an actual massive fan of the games and a great director, handle it.

>He's the reason much of the lore exists, but he's also a big reason why most of the current shitty lore exists.

Sounds like my type of guy