So what do you have to say about this, Sup Forums?

so what do you have to say about this, Sup Forums?

topics of interest:
- local girls
- job market
- icelanders in general
- food
- language

Faroese cucks need not apply.

>pic related, it's Iceland

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Iceland
is2.Sup
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tAGMwX1yaCo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=raNNxweIcOE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=KTXy4Cyy6Qw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naddodd
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_Passport_Union
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fucking high housing prices.

do you consider youself north american of european
do you have many tourists? where fom?

West-islander reporting in

Is pirate party going to form government after all? I'm not up to date on the politics.

Do you like it in Iceland?
Do you consider yourself lucky to be Icelander?
Your thoughts about your current goverment?
What would you change about it if given the choice?
Kant or Nietzsche?

OP here, I'm posting from Iceland but not an Icelander. I can answer your second question though: tourists almost everywhere. It feels like if they imposed a ban on tourism tomorrow, Iceland's economy would probably shrink 50%. Many tourists from US who look dumb as fuck >rent a 2WD car with no studded tires in winter
>don't even know how to defrost the windshield after a cold night
>only eat at KFC and Subway or buy processed meat in supermarkets
>pours tomato sauce on top of a bowl of overcooked spaghetti and calls it a meal

lol

why do you live in Canada, fucker? Where from? Kopavogur? Hafnafjördhur?

tbqh all i know about iceland is bjork and that you like prince polo

I mean I'm Canadian, but my ancestors icelandic. They left after askja blew up.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Iceland

our colony ;)

>Faroese cucks need not apply.

watch me

>icelanders in general
There is one very nice Icelandic poster who I care about very much and if the rest of Icelanders are even 20% that kind, Iceland must be the nicest country on be planet.
By a small chance you're reading this, I want to thank you for everything. Even tho 2016 was the worst year for me, it was also the best one because of you. I'm sorry if I ever did something to hurt you, that was never my intent. Also please know you have an heart of gold, please never doubt that.

while I was here I heard several people speaking about Icelandic karma and shit. They love to be nice to each other. If girls would equally nicely give me their pussy, it'd be the land of god.

>a fucking dick museum
cant make this shit up
phallus.is

It is the best country on this planet. I plan to move there at the first opportunity. As soon as I've lived and worked there for four years I can become an Icelandic citizen, thereby fulfilling my life's goal.

american tourists are the stupidest here.
>tried to take a close up of a geyser going off. 3rd degree burns all over face and arms
can't make this shit up

your money is welcome though

Too rainy to live in.

Isn´t life in Iceland boring?
I mean it´s fun at first, but Iceland could be described as a green desert.

But they don't have rapist immigrants

wew that joke is getting old

Lots of fish.

north
bjork
not so cold as youd imagine
hot springs

Body builders and hot springs. That's all I know.

Spot on.

>Where from? Kopavogur? Hafnafjördhur?
literally suburbs of reykjavík

>Isn´t life in Iceland boring?
bruh
get the lads together and go skeet shooting from the back of a l200 with moonshine
or go sledding
or drifting
literally name something you can do in germany and not iceland

>literally name something you can do in germany and not iceland
Strip clubs.

mhm they closed the one in rvk?

One of my dream vacation spots, as an outsider Iceland looks comfy, like every house you visit will have warm coco waiting for you in the kitchen as you remove your winter coats and gloves. Can't say much about the bullet points but, as far as I've seen, the women look good, and I love how spoken Icelandic sounds.

I have no idea, last I knew it was pretty shit though.

It was a """champagne club"""

Maybe if you stay in your basement and watch anime. There's a lot of empty land to explore.
this

Yeah, a guy I knew used to go there occasionally after snorting cocaine. According to him it was awful but then again he's a huge moron.

>There's a lot of empty land to explore.
ayyyy

is2.Sup Forums.org/wsg/1484175769114.webm

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tAGMwX1yaCo

m.youtube.com/watch?v=raNNxweIcOE

m.youtube.com/watch?v=KTXy4Cyy6Qw

How easy is it to get laid in Iceland?

A bag of toys and alcohol will get you somewhere my pedo friend.

I like 35+ year olds, you faggot.

>three lines
pls

Iceland? Couldn't live somewhere that cold senpai

it's tobacco btw senpai

>35+ year olds
wew
roll up in a chrysler town and country?

not gonna let a thread about iceland die

are you the green one

>are you the green one
?

Are there multiple Icelanders here or just one?

Reminder that Iceland was a faroese colony

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naddodd

How do you have so many great artists? I'm a huge fan of your music, especially when it's winter. There's no better place for comfy music.

You have less inhabitants than Zurich and yet so many more memorable artists than our entire country.

It's one past midnight, I should probably be sleeping but instead I'm browsing Sup Forums. Perfect.

Icelanders consider themselves European, but what fewer will admit, or even realize, is that we're possibly the most americanized country in Europe, albeit the liberal coastal 'Hollywood' kind of americanized. Especially fast food, we fucking love fast food.

Living in Iceland is very good, I like the country and definitely consider myself fortunate to be born here. The current government I'm not very fond of though, the Independence party can go to hell and overall I'd prefer a leftist government. I won't say that they did a perfect job the last time they were in charge, far from it, but they did a better job than the rightwingers would've done.

We're actually worrying a bit about the fish though, climate change and all that.

Plenty of Irelanders could. Not that they were given much of a choice mind you :^)

Dude didn't stay, it was just a faroese vacation spot.

Fell asleep on my desk lad
In bed rn

Manfaced women. Funny shaped heads. Nice people though.

I think there's an Icelander posting under the portuguese flag here

would quite like to move to iceland desu. what kind of jobs do most icelandic people do?

like in the Uk most people work in service industry or similar, unless they work in construction or teaching

>would quite like to move to iceland desu.
Good fucking luck. Well, you're right to ask about jobs because the only way to move here without marrying into the place is by getting hired by some firm that can't find a qualified Icelander to do the job - your best bet would probably be in tourism since that's been experiencing a boom in recent years. The other staple of the economy is fishing. Beyond that it's just service industry and the various jobs associated with a modern country, like doctors and teachers and construction workers and people who were born rich.

Also we're not giving you your fish back. It's ours now.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, there's one other method: Getting a citizenship in another Scandinavian nation.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_Passport_Union

>A story published on a website called thespiritwhispers.com claims that Icelandic authorities pay males USD 5,000 (ISK 608,000, EUR 4,500) a month for marrying Icelandic women. Men from North Africa are said to have priority. The reason given for the government’s generosity is not the lack of beauty or intelligence among Icelandic women, but a lack of males in the country.
>Men from North Africa are said to have priority
Who's responsible for that meme ? You have danger enemy among polacks.

I have no idea who started the meme but it's obviously unbelievable. For one thing, you won't get that much from the government even if you're an unemployed single parent living on your own.

wew, so I could just go to Iceland and live there indefinitely just like that.

You still need money to live though.

But yes, there's no reason(beyond possibly language barriers) why you can't just get a job and rent or buy a place to live here, or any of the other Nordics for that matter. Even Denmark, though I have no idea why you'd want to do that.