Whats the best progressiv rock song and why is Close To The Edge?

Whats the best progressiv rock song and why is Close To The Edge?

That's not Carpet Crawlers

i will never understand why people play progressive rock. you spent 5000 hours getting good at your instrument to play to an audience that's 99.9% guys who are either too fat or too skinny. you might as well play classical at that point. christ

>why would you play music that YOU enjoy if I dont like the audience for it?
gotta be bait, i refuse to believe one person can be this fucking gay

being gay is actually the only explanation for why one would choose to play in a prog rock band instead of literally anything else

Prog is probably my favorite genre solely for what it did from 169 through 1972. Post rock is what prog turned into, everything else that claims to be prog sounds cheesy and doesn't push any boundaries in any way.

That's not echoes...

>I go on the same website as people that listen to a song as corny as siberian khatru

wew

That would be Supper's Ready.

Those words they say - The Wilde Flowers

The Court of the Crimson King obviously!

Close to the Edge is more raw and driving than Echoes, and just reaches higher musical peaks all together. Still I'll give Echoes credit for being pretty much the first post rock track.

damn...

And You and I is better

The Mars Volta kind of did it right but they broke up and ORL is taking too much acid to be productive on something thats actually of worth

>contrarians pretending it's not "Time"

>implying siberian khatru isn't the 10/10 GOATAT prog song
I'm ashamed of you, pleb

actually you should know that Close To The Edge is actually the worst song on the album that it appears on,

[spoiler]I GET UUUUUUUUUP, I GET DOOOOOOOWN[/spoiler]

If we can't agree that Close to the Edge is THE prog song [spoiler]I actually dig more 21st Schizoid man[/spoiler], can we at least agree that the album is THE prog rock album at least inside the holy trinity of prog along [spoiler]In the court of the Crimson King and Frances The Mute[/spoiler]

On another note, have you guys listened Maneige? They're pretty good

>We go sailing down the calming streams
>Drifting endlessly by the bridge
>To be over, we will see, to be over

>Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays
>Always doors to lock away your dreams
>Think it over, time will heal your fear, think it over
>Balance the thoughts that release within you

>Childlike soul dreamer
>One journey, one to seek and see in every light
>Do open true pathways away

>not liking Steven Wilson

Holy fuck dude.
>Hello there *nuzzles* *licks ur paw* wanna struggle snuggle >w

Glad to see you know that's not true.

for some reason spoilers are not working for me. Have no idea why and I'm too high on nicotine to try

Spoilers don't work on Sup Forums.

For me the trinity would be Close to the Edge, First Utterance, and Tago Mago. But yes, Close to the Edge is the most thoughtful composition I've heard out of the entire rock umbrella. Nothing else compares, it achieves everything prog as a genre was going for and there's still a sense that they're holding back.

Good to know. Been a crossboarder for ages and it's the first time I try to be honest.