Tfw you thought you had an almost perfect taste in music and being told this by all your friends then you dicover Sup...

>tfw you thought you had an almost perfect taste in music and being told this by all your friends then you dicover Sup Forums and find out you're a total pleb

>tfw you thought you are a pleb, but then you discover Sup Forums and realize what passes for patrician is far plebbier than your taste

>Lol geez user! How do you find such deep music like Tame Impala and 21 Pilots? You're music taste is perfect!

This feel.

And somehow, I still am more patrician than most everyone I know.

>inb4

I'm pretty convinced I have the best music tastes out of anyone I actually know
Anonymous strangers on the internet do not shape my tastes, and they shouldn't shape yours

lolwut no

Some of my favorite albums have been recommended to me by anonymous strangers

Exactly, Sup Forums is shit but i got some great recs from here. Thank you fucks

>tfw you thought you had an almost perfect taste in music and being told this by Sup Forums, Fantano, and P4K, then you discover Real People and find out you're a total pleb

Listen, real people only listen to 3 artists: Dylan, Floyd, and Hendrix. Unlike your indie artists, you instantly appreciate these guys and don't need to listen to them 100x and listen to 100 "reviewers" to reinforce that it's good (which occurs with ALL music - even radio pop).

>getting your taste from spoonfeeding

spoonfeeding? bullshit.

how the fuck do you prefer people find music? there's nothing wrong with recommendations.

>i only listen to artists selected for me through random number generators

Nothing wrong with spoon feeding.
Fuck this website but I still love you faggots for teaching me so much and patricianizing me.

I feel like most people come here thinking that but never don't think that... This place has really gone down the shitter when people Unironically praise Linkin Park

what music did you discovered on Sup Forums thanks to those anons

Read a book.

literally the lowest form of spoonfeeding

oh the irony

That doesn't even make sense. Asking "give me bands that sound like 'x'" is much lazier than picking up a text which follows the development of a band or scene and explains the connections between the sound and ethos of many different bands. You also learn a lot more by reading the book.

I discovered Slamming Brutal Death Metal

>That doesn't even make sense.
yes it does you literal pleb

what do you want me to now spoonfeed you on how it does

sorry I've got actual work to do finding music which doesnt involve someone literally doing it for me and then literally publishing their findings

I want plebs to leave

sure, grandad

Sup Forums have fucking terrible taste though and that's not some running self-depreciation joke either. normal plebs have it right with finding music with their own efforts and not relying on a private zeitgeist. there are subcommunities on Sup Forums with some real pertinent nerds but this board and its culture harbors a mindset and collective probably more boring than what your neighbor's found for himself

Pretending to be dumb doesn't excuse you for saying something dumb.

>tfw you realize nobody on Sup Forums gives a shit about pleb or patrician music and its all just a giant hipster meme

not gonna work pleb

I'm still not spoon feeding you

>things plebs say

>tfw you know you're a pleb and you never needed anyone to actually say it so Sup Forums tries to save you

me_irl

Literally everything.
I used to listen to Barenaked Ladies.

>tfw you thought you had a good taste in cars then you discover /o/ and find out you're a pleb because you don't drive a riced out 15 year old piece of shit
Stop forming your opinions based on a forum for autistic teenagers.

>Seeing your music taste as a competition
>Being this stuck in 6th grade

Holy hell.

>implying 6th graders don't rule
get a load of this cuckmeister

this is literally how montie started out here, no joke

kek

If you aren't mostly listening to classical music, you're a pleb

This fucking thread. This fucking board.

Who's saying people are asking 'give me a band that sounds like'?

This happened to me.
When I found Sup Forums I felt shocked by the level of derision that Sup Forums showed towards my favourite genres and artists. I had to go through a month long period of reevaluating why I listened to music and get over my own childish inhibitions before I began listening to music again.
I mean, when you consider that some of those were as stupid as refusing to listen to any music with female vocals, without electric guitars, emotional introversion, etc, it was probably for the better. Honestly I'm glad that I found Sup Forums when I did.

>you instantly appreciate these guys

I can guarantee you this is false for well over half the human population

Thats not spoonfeeding. Spoonfeeding is asking for factual information that you could easily find yourself, and sure you could find albums similar to what you enjoy by looking at lastfm or some shit, but another human will almost always be better able to give more apt recommendations. It's discussing music, if you think that's spoonfeeding you don't belong here.

Oh yes, very convincing

This
I don't care for Dylan or Hendrix at all.
Also anyone who values music reviewers above their own tastes are cucks.