Hi Germanbros

Hi Germanbros,

Argenfag here, I'm going to Koln and later to Hamburg tomorrow on holidays for 10 days. What can I expect? I'm going with a friend and we're planning visiting Aachen, Trier, Luxemburg, and then Bremen, Schwerin and probably Coxhaven in the north. Anything else? Some German friends told me to stay out of Dusseldorf, Duisburg and all those, but I'm a bit curious, they can't really be that bad, can they?

Also, we mainly moving by train, but we're also thinking on renting a car for a few days.

tl;dr: I'm going on holidays to west and north Germany, what do?

bamp

bamp again

Cologne bro here.
Cologne is quiet chill and is like a village but with a big city vibe. Go to the früh kölsch restaurant next to the dome and have some beers there, go to the cathedral and take a walk at the Rhine. You can also visit a couple of museum's in the old city.

so, what are you asking for? advice? try tripadvisor.com

Why can't those places be so bad?

*Cathedral, not dome

Düsseldorf is a nice city, def worth a visit. indeed stay out of Duisburg, it's a shit hole. I would visit Cologne and Düsseldorf, Aachen is okay, but not that great.

100% agree with this
also visit the Zülpicher Str. in Köln. its a street full of bars where all the students hang out. cheap booz and a cool vibe

Düsseldorf is ok I guess, safe and fun in the evening because there are a lot of guys for stag night. So there are mainly guys and that's not that much fun if you wanna see girls. Düsseldorf doesn't have THAT much to see or to visit, you'll have more to see and do in most of the other cities around there like Cologne

I'm from the south of germany, just my own opinion based on experience I had visiting Düsseldorf

What kind of vacation are you making? Are you looking for clubs, adventures? What's your budget and age? You need to be a bit more specific.

Cologne won't be that quiet from 15th on as Gamescom will be on and the hostels were kinda a problem to book in January already, but you'll be gone before it starts anyway. Cologne is pretty nice, though, definitely worth visiting. It probably won't be as crowdy before GC, so it should be even nicer.

>Aachen is okay, but not that great

well, it all depends what are you out to see, IMHO just the Palatine Chapel is worth the visit

Well if you only want to travel to northern and western germany, you're missing out on the best parts.

Well, whatever. Your choice of cities is alright, I'd throw in Münster, Lübeck and Heidelberg (only 2h from Trier) as suggestions.
Düsseldorf is a nice place to go shopping and see some art, it's seen as snobby place by all the poorer cities around it. Hence the bad image.

Take some time to explore some of german landscape, it's worth it even if you're from argentina.

And most importantly: Deutsche Bahn sucks, you're better off renting a car or going by bus honestly.

-Hamvurg is having its big summer fair at the moment the "Hamburger Dom".
-You can walk around the alster it's quite nice.
-If you want to go out at night visit the "Schanzenviertel", a lot of bars and really nice vibe.
What kind of people are you? I could he'll you better wirh some more input.

Sitting here next to the kölner dom, install pokemon go app, you can catch pikachu here googgo

Thanks! I'm bookmarking the restaurant
pretty much, advise Sup Forums style, tripadvisor is for fags.
Don't know, it's just that I only hear that they're shitholes. I'm from Argentina, I know what a real shithole is.

I'm 30 and I'm staying in 4* hotels, to give you and idea. We're not really into clubbing, but we're going for beers and those kind of things. I'm also a bit of a History nerd, so cool historic landmarks are a must.
yas!
Lübeck is partially on the schedule, we might visit it on the way back from Schwerin! I haven't considered Münster, I'll take a look now.

Thanks! I'll be staying just in front of the Hamburger Dom. I'll check out those bars.

If you are into historical buildings or cities you should visit Worms.
And theres a pretty interesting museum in cologne about romans and stuff like this

>What can I expect?
Muslim niggers

where you from, OP? BA?

Resistencia, it's in the north. But I'm living in Madrid atm

Why not Southern Germany? People are nice in Cologne and it's definitely worth a visit, same with Hamburg, but the south is overall better.

Duisburg got some nice 30 euro hookers

Already been there :)

Yes, I saw the roman museum, will def look to it.
Worms looks nice, but it's a bit too far. I'll save it for later.

now that's the kind of advice I've been looking for. Are they German? Or just russian and the like?

>Düsseldorf shithole
Haha as said it's actually so NOT of a shithole that it's seen as snobby. Düsseldorf is maybe the richest big city in Germany after Munich

Hookers here will mostly be Eastern European. I'd say you better try your Argentinian charme on some college students in Cologne or Hamburg

Cuxhaven is a surprising choice of visit

is it? I wanted to try the north sea

Go on the island of Texel, Netherlands, if you want great natural north sea beaches with few people