AOTY 2016

aoty 2k16

Post em. No charts please. Your tip top pick only.

Other urls found in this thread:

moormothergoddess.bandcamp.com/track/tell-me-about-it
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It should be noted that I am a pleb.

>aoty
The Astonishing

>runner up
Miranda Lambert

>honorable mention
Child Bite - Negative Noise

We noticed

good pick

Release date: November 20, 2015

what the fuck

Y'all need to stop sleeping on them.

wtf am I listening to

>black happiness

Mar 13
SXSW
Austin, TX

crap I work Mondays

S O T Y

moormothergoddess.bandcamp.com/track/tell-me-about-it

>"he has an opinion that doesn't align perfectly with the concensus! stone him!"

I have a hard time enjoying this, i've tried several times but it never really clicked
'Wound' is the only Arca song i've really liked, does he have any other similar ones?
This just seemed vapid and totally uninteresting to me, what do you like about it apart from the beats? I never really got Drakes talent
This felt sort of contrived for me at times, like it's not genuine emotional expression but just instrumental noodling, it had some cool moments though

>This just seemed vapid and totally uninteresting to me, what do you like about it apart from the beats? I never really got Drakes talent
With the exception of one word that could all apply to Lemon Demon. I'd be willing to accept this statement but the fact that your choice is Spirit Phone just hurts

Borring sometimes, but I love it. I Had goosebumps while I first time listened Burn the Witch.

Spirit Phone was the album I listened to the most, not neccesarily the one i considered the best
I liked it because of the great melodies and hooks, fun lyrics, and catchy production mostly. It feels like every song has like 2 or 3 really catchy synths going on at the same time which makes it super enjoyable and uplifting to listen to, no other album this year made me want to tap my feet or nod my head as much
Also the song concepts and lyrics consistently have their own unique personality, it's just a really likeable album for me
Not to say it's deeper than Views or anything, but it makes up for it by possesing several other qualities that is feel Views doesn't. That's why I asked him/you what it was that he liked about it and used the word 'seemed' as opposed to jumping to conclusions

this is the single worst thing he ever released

a third of the tracks could just be erased from the album and not missed though

same with adjuncts but they are still used

I didn't listen to much this year.

Entranas is my EPotY and better than Sirens, certainly.

Best Oingo Boingo album ever released.

>Best Oingo Boingo album ever released
please explain

full album
Angry People
Pizza Heroes
You're at the Party
Angelfire
Gravitron
Geocites

But Dead Man's Party is like 30 years old

Haven't been on this board in months, but I thought I'd check it one last time before the year ends in hopes that I just might find something.

Thanks for reminding me why I like this place. Wouldn't have been able to find these otherwise.