Japandroids - Near To The Wild Heart Of Life

This is actually banging
youtube.com/watch?v=pSkrhQiwFcE

i hope the new album will have less filler cuz their good songs are really good

What was filler on Celebration Rock in in your opinion? I thought all songs were pretty killer except Fire's Highway and Evil's Sway having too much OH YEAAAAH's and Love Of Ivy dragging on a bit too long

those and the last one, so thats like half the album

Thats an opinion I can't get behind, Continuous Thunder was a nice end to the album, I like the energy in Fire's Highway and Evil's Sway, only one I agree with is that For the Love of Ivy overstays its welcome.

As for the new song, I really like it, lyrics maybe aren't the best, and perhaps its cause I managed to get a ticket to the small London show recently so I'm riding a wave from that, but it's a very fun uplifting track.

i really like the new song too so i have hopes for the album. they are really fun live aren't they

So you don't enjoy listening to Fire's Highway and Evil's Sway? I still think it's an 8/10 song Evil Sway is like an 7/10 imo

What do you not like about Continious Thunder? I think it's gr8

i dunno, it just kinda fizzles out for me.

I'm gonna need to travel 4 hours to catch them on their European tour is it worth it?

alright what you think about I quit girls?

i like it

oh it's this literally gay band

rude

I'd say so, the european tour is bigger venues, but I'm going to see them twice on it anyway when they're in the UK. I don't think I'll ever be at a more energetic gig than that small show though.

Yeah I have high hopes for it too, seems like it'll be a more ambitious album. I'm excited to hear the Like A Body in A Grave with its shoegaze influence

I'll go then. I usually piss away hours on Sup Forums anyway and it's rare to see North American bands in Europe if you're not in the UK

Japandroids are playing Gorilla in Manchester which is a fairly small-medium venue iirc
should be good

anyone seeing Cloud Nothings or excited for their new album

yea man their album releases the same day as Japandroids and I really dig the singles. Gonna catch them on their European tour aswell

>lyrics maybe aren't the best
maybe but in an interview they said that the reason they didnt release music for a bit cuz they needed time to get excited about being japandroids again and they song is clearly about leaving vancouver and going on tour again so in that context the lyrics make sense imo.

Dude wtf. Fire's Highway is the second best song on that record. S m h

Still said it was an 8/10 song

What's your fav song?

Hmm, the ones I'm going to are in London and Glasgow, don't think I know anyone who lives in Manchester or I'd go to that one instead. definitely will be a better show than the Garage (glasgow, garbage venue, barrier is miles away from the stage and the room is just a shite night club) and the Shep Bush O2.

Yeah I'm sure it'll be worth it, they know how to put on a show

I like the lyrics on the whole especially the 'You can't condemn your love//To linger here and die//Can't leave your dreams to chance// Or to a spirit in the sky' section but the 'I used to be good but now I'm bad' doesn't seem like a good enough lyric for it being so central to the chorus.

>So I left my home
>And all I had
>I used to be good but now I'm bad
Works great live though

Oh yeah, it'll be a great singalong and its not enough to detract from the song but it isn't my favourite of their lyrics