Future Marty is supposed to be a loser, even though he was employed, had a family, and his own house

>Future Marty is supposed to be a loser, even though he was employed, had a family, and his own house.

I don't get it. Was being average looked down upon in the 80s?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fztlLwgSFCg
youtube.com/watch?v=qYscemhnf88
youtube.com/watch?v=V4t--lKlPBc
youtube.com/watch?v=Se78x_Y5sZk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Was being average looked down upon in the 80s?
Yes, yes, yes. Exactly this. That's what made the 80s so great, "average" wasn't enough everyone strove to be the BEST. Competition breeds superiority.

I'm more annoyed that Michael J. Fox looked 40-45 and he was supposed to be playing a teenager.

How standards have fallen.

>I didn't get to live in this decade

He was a white male in the future

its gonna be one of those threads

He was a loser because he was an easily provoked pussy.

>the Jitz will never find out
>McFry!
>FIRED

I don't get the question.

>Hot horny wife
>Smart son
>Daughter who could gold dig into anything
>Decent sized house
>Four touchdowns in a motherfuckin game
>Witty af
>Always BTFO of his bitch neighbor

>Still gets consider a loser

Literally a melting candle of a man.

And how did that work out for people in the 80s?

It was all a facade to boost America's ego. In reality, those who had the means did well, while everyone else was waiting in the unemployment line, or had their money stolen in the Savings and Loans crisis.

Cocaine

He worked at a shoe store. That makes him a loser.

It worked. The 90s was one of our best boom periods. Shame it's been such a bust since.

Pretty well except unfortunately 80s people were not so good at raising kids and so we ended up with the millennials of today. We gave them everything and they learned to be entitled to more, they ended up a bunch of whiny privileged shits who never knew adversity so they had to manufacture it on twitter and tumblr.

>them
>they

Oh sorry, I mean "you".

Go to bed, gramps.

80s saw a huge rise in counterculture and anti-conformity media, I guess as a reaction to the message of unity that was enforced in the 50s and 60s especially

Gee, they won the fucking Cold War, so I'd say PRETTY GREAT.

Goddamn shame we don't have more good cyberpunk tv/film than we do. I wish someone would do a new series around Gibson's work, even the Keanu Johnny Mnemonic film was somehow enjoyable in spite of the terrible acting.

Thank you President Reagan

He had no confidence, that was the point of the movie - Marty gaining confidence

There was counterculture, but there was also a prevailing capitalist-conservative image that was popular. Michael J Fox's character on Family Ties was a worshipper of the free market and ronald reagan, and made fun of his hippie parents. You could say that this was the counterculture to the free love liberalism for the 60s and 70s.

youtube.com/watch?v=fztlLwgSFCg
youtube.com/watch?v=qYscemhnf88
The 1980s were a decade when we believed in miracles.

So all of the Trump memeing cuckolds on here are really old bitter 80s faggots?

this

How on earth did you even jump to that conclusion? Why are bernvictims always trying to shoehorn Trump into everything?

Sup Forums is made up of bitter assblasted basement dwellers who by their nature are contrarian.

>The world that I isolate myself from with my shitty personality and blame for all my problems elected a right wing president? FUCK BUSH 9/11 INSIDE JOB!
>The world that I isolate myself from with my shitty personality and blame for all my problems elected a left wing president? CAN'T STUMP TRUMP!

It's not maturity. It's the opposite. Childish knee jerk reactionary bullshit coming from bitterness and emotion rather than logic.

sort of. they were middle class but clearly of the lower average sort. their window tv thing was broken and they clearly dint have the money to fix it, everything was super convenience, and marty broke his hand and therefore fucked up his dreams of being a musician.

considering marty was all about wanting to be a rock star, ending up in what seemed like a dead end office job was a nightmare future for him

wut

>shoe store
I think it would be different if he owned the place. to be honest, a lot of shit about that show didn't make sense. the biggest elephant in the room was that he owned a home, in chicago, while working part-time as a shoe salesman. None of his kids worked until later in the series, and he sent one of them to college.

literally where was the money coming from?

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

but he got fired

You're welcome, son.

youtube.com/watch?v=V4t--lKlPBc

Ugh soak your head.

Literally white takeshi kitano

The point was his hubris killed his dreams and he had to settle for a shitty office job because of it, then Needles, who he caved to once and it killed his dream, he caved to him again and it got him fired from the job he didn't even want

THAT'S why he's a loser

>he was employed
He was fired, and even when he had a job he was just a pussy slave of some Jap.
>had a family
His son was an easily pushed-around loser and both of his kids were about to go to jail. He married his wife in the Chapel-o-Love and she likely resented him at least a little.
>his own house
He lived in a shitty house in the crime-invested backwater district.

I suggest you actually watch a movie before shitposting about it.

There was a time when you could totally afford a house like that working at a shitty shoe store

That's how far things have gone to shit; even having a masters in engineering wouldn't get you that house today

>Biggest loser on TV in the early 90's

>Large house
>2 healthy children
>Hot as fuck wife who wants sex constantly
>Car
>Low responsibility job but can afford all of the above

Now you know why "Make America Great Again" resonates with so many schlubs.

youtube.com/watch?v=Se78x_Y5sZk

Leftists lowered the standards.

>shuts down and cuts funding to mental health facilities the last dude set up
>years of research and treatment down the drain
>"crazies" running rampant in streets/jail
>later shot by a schizophrenic
Fuck Reagan. Its HIS FAULT we have this whole trans hug box fad going on right now; you know the MENTAL ILLNESS inside them

Uh counter culture was a product of the 60s and 70s. The materialism of the 80s was a reaction to that. And 90s grunge a reaction to that.
I dont know abouy the 2000s and 2010s

>I dont know abouy the 2000s and 2010s
internet ruined everything, the zeitgeist lost all cohesion once every irrelevant retard suddenly started getting to have an opinion on everything

oh wow what was that from?

AAAAAH, that's even worse.

>they won the fucking Cold War
how do you win a cold war?

By making the opposing nation no longer exist.
Maybe do a little research, eh milleno?

2010s has been about swag, meming the hardest and SJW/PC crap
2010 was opiate of the masses, just Luke warm drivel.

soviet union dissolved on its own because they had to many dead weight states.US would do the same if they had more states whos budget ends up in the red(there are enough as is)

He was supposed to become a rockstar, but he became the shit version of his dad. Downtrodden family man