Music Theory

I took a music theory class in high school so I know the basics.
How can I continue my learning of music theory?
I'm trying to compose music again. I'm using Reaper to make compositions.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/pussbear/ahhhhh
bw.musique.umontreal.ca/nm/index-en.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pic

>Reaper
DIE, DIE, DIE!!!

What else do you suggest?

You, um, didn't get my reference, did you?

Nope.

must be overwatch. I don't play it

try doing this!
soundcloud.com/pussbear/ahhhhh

ThIS Goes HArd

thanks friendo!

You Pussbear? I'm listening to your soundcloud now... Currently listening to Talk Radio.

yeah my dude! thanks a bunch! if you're the OP u can ask me anything

Yeah man. I've never made electronic music before. I downloaded the trial for Reaper.
I figured out how to use MIDI and download instruments to play it with. I'm still a little lost though.
What is your strategy with making music? Any tips you can give me?

I use FL Studio now and have used an MPC 1000 and Maschine before, the best tips i can give you is to play with different DAWs to see which one you like best (piracy :O) and to just keep playing around with it every day. Find some hot ass drum kits, suprisingly reddit/r/drumkits is a good place. Camel Crusher is an amazing vst for 808s. Use reverb and shit on melodys. I have little music theory knowledge besides some beginner tutorials from guys like busyworksbeats I mostly do everything by ear, and to be frank as long as it sounds good you dont necessarily need to use scales or whatever although it could help. Most importantly just keep doing it if you truly enjoy it. Also a good synth is ElectraX, and sampling is pretty fun too

Also a good tip generally is to be somewhat mathematical with your stuff like hi hats on every 16th note and build around that and using keys exactly 2 or 4 notes above, and deviating from there

Thanks, a ton.
You are a friend.

also on the vein of piracy, only torrent from trusted users, on piratebay they have a colored skull next to their name. good luck with music my dude!

no problem brotendo happy to help an aspiring artist

The amount of theory out there to learn is minimal. If you can construct the heptatonic scale you're good.

If Overmeme then kiss

What genre of music are you trying to compose? I feel like you shouldn't need a very in depth theoretical perspective for what you plan on doing. That being said, I recommend The Jazz Piano Book by Mark Levine, even if you don't plan on delving into jazz, the first couple chapters of this book are immensely helpful

Try reading this: bw.musique.umontreal.ca/nm/index-en.html

It's mostly about tonal music theory up to Wagner. Reading sheet music is required, but liking bunnies is optional.

I suppose I'm looking for a rather contemporary sound.
I like organic sounds very much. I'm into rock n roll and jazz.
I'm also excited to play with samples.
ooo thanks. And I do love bunnies.