Does clicking a dropbox link with illegal content mean you can go to jail?

does clicking a dropbox link with illegal content mean you can go to jail?

need a serious answer here

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/sh/ezkpqgxibjmx5ki/AACeCPtvwDP03JsmFX9bYxdoa/storedpics1?dl=0
dropbox.com/sh/lsf8mmncsm7q3l3/AAD1axunIhn72rklPwWqNQ0Ia/1450222308_7805670a2e44fe82.jpg?dl=0
dropbox.com/sh/oppwchf42jf6ry1/AABiOhx0BC7crww00E41K-kZa?dl=0
youtube.com/watch?v=_cZC67wXUTs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how many did you click user?

Show me where the bad man clicked you.

Serious answer. Yes. It just depends on if your IP address is still in the logs when they get busted. Unless it's a trap or something.

If you just clicked it you're probably safe.
If you downloaded it you're on thin ice.
If you posted it, expect the party van.

Yes, you can. Enjoy your buttsex with niggas.

like one, then noped the fuck outta there
i downloaded nothing

What was in the box?

If it's not that serious than no. Why you ask?

What do you think?

you can but you wont.

if you would they would have to arrest everyone on Sup Forums for clicking some shady link back when they were searching for "wow hax" in 2004.

i saw it too op. it was bad. it was cp. i didnt download shit. i was sickened

there was a dropbox full of pizza, like i said i didn't download anything
i'll pray for you user

Depends, where do you live? If USA then yea, the FBI regularly sprinkles around honeypots and jails any IP that stumbles into it. Cyber Entrapment is legal and they have quotas to meet.

ISP Employee reporting in:

Yea you are fucked if you opened up a link containing illegal material
It don't mean you got caught, but you are essentially pulling that same material acrossed the ISP's network and if it gets flagged (it often does) the system will auto flag the timestamp along with IP and associated account.
Which can cause a flag to be raised automatically on your Account.

Flags of this nature don't really go away and stick to the account, unlike downloading Music or movies. If ever in the future there was an inqury about your activities, it will be there directly linked to your account.

ISP's do this to stay out of hot water and protect their company

If you saved it expect a Van, otherwise probably just a court summons. Worst case scenario is they make you register. That was obviously a trap and once they have your IP they don't let go. Best get your affairs in order

thanks user. im just gonna forget about what i saw. i dont need that shit in my life.

me and my nigga tryrone been to jail like sicksteen times my nigga,, we ain never had a bad time ther, u kno? don worry bout dat shit dog, you gon be good, just be sure to pass the salt at lunch table u kno?

When it happens, call the FBI cyber division, explain where and when you found it.

Yes. Best case you get charged with aiding and abetting cp. Worst case...well, we'll miss you user. Except we won't, pedo faggot.

i saved nothing, i just fucking saw the link and followed it, are you serious about this? now i'm actually freaking out cause i have my whole fucking life ahead of me, i'm only 19

That's like if I were advertising a big sale on everything in my general store then when you opened the door on the busy downtown street it was full of cp and the FBI was like "We got you, buddy! you're busted!"

doesn't make sense tbh. Seems wrong. Especialy on the internet when so many faggots are naive especially all the summer fags.

I'm not even fucking kidding, you should have proxxyd you were asking for it. Expect banging on your door in 2-3 business days

link pls

Torch your HDD. They aren't coming anytime soon.

i didn't know! i didn't download shit!

you're being trolled. stop being such a faggot.

>naive
You don't say?

requesting Sup Forums man from road trip who fucked fat black woman erasing all HDs with giant magnets and shit.

Sorry, you're going to prison.

I'm only 20 and your making me feel like a fucking sage

i just want to be safe, user-kun. :(

You're fine, don't be a pussy.
Nobody's gonna come for some virgin who browsed some CP for 3 seconds.

ISP employee again
Yes i am, don't mean your life is over, stop over reacting

There is a good chance that activity got flagged.

Will you get in trouble? most likely not, but is it possible? Yes

Possible defense, remove the password from your wifi, leave it open. Can easily say your a dumb shit who didn't know how to protect it and blame a possible neighbor

Relax, faggot. I was on that Dropbox thread too, I clicked the link too. Long as you didn't download shit, you're fine. Calm your titties. If I'm wrong, I'll see you in prison bitch you're my new wife.

My wife's head

It really is a matter of luck. Pedro's can go their whole life waist deep in that shit and never get touched but some stupid fag will unwittingly save one image the FBI planted and have his whole life ruined

That's kind of what happend here though

I clicked on 4 different Dropbox links that were posted in a Sup Forums kik group chat I was in. You're fine unless you're the person posting that shit

i'm just scared. i'm a faggot when it comes to being safe. it was a dropbox link like i said.
i really hope so.

Don't be a pussy faggot, user. No you can't. If you just clicked it without knowing what it was then you're fine. Pussy fbi doesn't have time for pissy shit like that

Just stop. You're gonna let this user give you a panic attack. You're fine. Get off Sup Forums though, every second you're here, you're closer to prison

Just relax man! It's happend to me loads of times over many years and I've never gotten shit for it. If you didn't download anything you're fine. However, if you followed a link to a pizza place and it was explicitly clear that it was a pizza place I would sweat a little too, but you're probably fine.

I really hope so too, I need a new wife. My last one, Jerome, was a skinny 5'2 nigga.

But in all seriousness, you're fine. I've done it a few times and nothing's happened. Just don't download for the love of fuck.

I think they'd take into account the length of time he spent on the dropbox. I imagine his ISP has that information and it would be brought up in court. I've clicked on CP on here by mistake a few times. The feds aren't really looking for people browsing the CP, they want the guys distributing it or saving it to their pc. it would be a waste of time, energy, and resources to bust him if he didn't even download anything.

What a cp loving faggot

i never do. thank you, anons. you've helped me feel a little better.

Op is fbi, seeing what we know about not getting caught

Honestly, if you didn't know the shit that'd be in it, even if they take you to court you could defend yourself with that, but yes. You could be. Anything to do with shit like CP is illegal.

>FBI: gosh golly gee DEA I'm having the hard-diddley-darndest time catching Kiddie-diddlers and I have a quota to meet or my budget will go down again. I need to look busy or I can say goodbye to this months Company Cruise!

DEA: You know what works for me when the Mexicans are having a siesta? I lure them out by offering people drugs and arresting them if they show any interest. Sometimes I just leave in on the ground and arrest them when they pick it up!

FBI: Gee, that's smart! But isn't Entrapment immoral? If I leave CP links lying around surely unwitting citizens could stumble across them and get Vanned!

DEA: It's not immoral until Congress says it's immoral!

FBI: Wow! Now we can afford TWO company cruises per month

LOL

Don't worry, think about how many people all over the world who gets involuntarily exposed to pizza on facebook, imgur and the like. If they all went to jail, the internet would be a pretty desolate place. If you don't actively seek it out you're good.

I know what link you're talking about and I'm pretty sure most of that shit isn't illegal

yes it does.

however, it was accident or i didn't know is actually a legitimate defense. obviously delete it and move on.

He didn't download anything, you spunk gurgler.

Dude it was cp. Fuck off

If your talking about the guy who got chlamydia's thread I doubt that stuff was illegal

betcha all pedos are shitting bricks now

dropbox.com/sh/ezkpqgxibjmx5ki/AACeCPtvwDP03JsmFX9bYxdoa/storedpics1?dl=0 dropbox.com/sh/lsf8mmncsm7q3l3/AAD1axunIhn72rklPwWqNQ0Ia/1450222308_7805670a2e44fe82.jpg?dl=0 dropbox.com/sh/oppwchf42jf6ry1/AABiOhx0BC7crww00E41K-kZa?dl=0
Yes now click

MOOODS

have fun riding the Partyvan nigga

MODS

Anyone?
G

Thread self destructing in T-minus 30 seconds

It was linked to a bunch of people that didn't know what it was

Sup Forums isn't all party hats and handjobs....

Yall niggas just can't go around clicking on shit and not expect concequences for your actions.

Ignorance of the law is not a defense
youtube.com/watch?v=_cZC67wXUTs

good night Sup Forums, just going to have nightmares about all this

Damn I shoulda called em

Whats going on in this thread

Nuh uh, no siree, I ain't gonna take that link.

rest in piece enjoy your v&

I'm not clicking that shit.

so fuckin close bro