Got diagnosed with Schizophrenia the other day, ask me anything

Got diagnosed with Schizophrenia the other day, ask me anything

Other urls found in this thread:

schizophrenia.com/research/schiz.brain.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

spoopy bump

What lead you to seek a professional medical opinion of your condition?

I got diagnosed with herpes the other day. Do you think Schizophrenia is better or worse?

youre a fag who thinks theyre a special snowflake. 200k people a year get diagnosed, youre not unique

Curiosity more than anything. I have a bit of psych knowledge from college and saw some of the traits in myself.

I think I'm special? Statistically I guess you could say it is. But I'm just bored and AMAs are fun ways to kill time.
Herps isn't that bad, just manage yourself, keep your shit clean and all.

>took psych 101
>thinks he knows shit

Much better.

Women don't care about your mind, they just don't want random sores all over their bodies.

Enjoy your life as a sickly sexual outcast.

Thanks Sup Forumsro. Will do. And I'm a gayfag who used a condom for the record.

You're free to believe what you will user-kun. I don't have the need to attempt to prove anything to you.

What you taking for medication?

Why are you on here Marina?

Maybe you should've majored in English?

Better cover your entire body in a condom next time. Maybe if faggots like you kept your dicks out of other guys' assholes you wouldn't be breaking out in sores every 3 weeks.

Nothing, the psychiatrist recommended I take some anti-psychotics, but I decided, as I do not like taking medications.
Who dat?
What good would that have been?

You mean use something like this?

I'M OUT TO GET YOU. EVERYONE'S OUT TO GET YOU. THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN PROTECT YOURSELF IS BY WEARING A TINFOIL HELMET.

How old r u?

>I totally have schizophrenia
If left untreated it will impair your ability to communicate with people effectively faggot

OH SHIT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
You know not all people with schizophrenia think everyone is out to get them?

If that keeps dicks out of your asshole then sure, faggot.

YouTuber possibly with schizophrenia

You are saying that although you are diagblsed with schizophrenia, you trust yourself over a liscensced psychiatrist?

Start the meds soon before its too late.

Diagnosed*

Do you think I'm unaware of that?
There is no way to treat Schizophrenia. You only manage the symptoms with medicine, they will still get worse most of the time.

No, I'm not saying that at all. The meds will not stop the Schizophrenia from getting worse, only make the symptoms more manageable, there is no cure for Schizophrenia.
Never heard of 'em. Are they funny?

Not really, but if you were genuinely schizophrenic I doubt you could really comprehend what that means. You're too lucid for you not to be just another attention seeking homo

So you dont want your life to be easier?

What traits of schizophrenia did u notice?

Not really everyone's got their own taste channel is Marina Joyce
Recently people thought she was captured by isis and was being forced to make videos

Why do you have to post this bullshit 10 times a day faggot?

It's onset Schizophrenia, I don't suffer from delusions 24/7, nor do most people with Schizophrenia.
You seem to think people with Schizo are 100% detached from reality 100% of the time.
What? This is the first thread I've posted today, and I made one yesterday.
Wow, she's an oddball, that's for sure. Kinda qt though.

i've seen this thread 3 times today

what re your symptoms

Circular thinking I.E. A>B>C>A... they're usually complete nonsense too.

There's times when I can take the thoughts I have and turn them into speech. The most common one I have it believing that I can read peoples minds, and feel their emotions.
Oh, well those weren't me. I made one yesterday at like 3am EDT

>trust yourself over a liscenced psychiatrist
>somehow a bad thing
>fad drugs will make you productive
>you are sick in the head trust me I'm a professional dealer
>falling for the schizophrenia meme
wew

You're on here to much Sup Forumsro

OP is full of shit

source: I'm a nurse

Elaborate

user-nurse is full of shit.

Source: I'm a doctor.
See for the more common ones.
I see floating lights, talk to "people" in my head about nonsense, sometimes real things, sometimes they're "real" people. I often planned the conversations I'd have with the psychiatrist days in advance in my head, for example.
That's just like your opinion mang.

>opinion
Show me a set of conclusive, objective, medical tests which prove the existence of the catch-all behavioral anomaly called "schizophrenia" or any other "mental disease" from the DSM/ICD
>protip: you can't
Psychiatry =/= neurology. Quackery and scams

OP's line of thinking is too logical to actually be a schizophrenic. The main symptom of schizophrenia is altered thought process. The fact that he's saying things like "I don't like taking medications so I decided not to take them" and "I saw some traits of it in myself" lead me to believe he's making it all up.

not to unlike the faggot who claimed he had AIDS in a thread a couple days ago. But couldn't begin to tell me what medications he took.

Get SSDI and you'll get money from them. Have your social worker (if you don't have one, try to get one with the Dept of Mental Health) figure out with you how much you can work (if you want to work) so you can make mad guap with SSDI and employment.
I've got SSDI and I get 832$ a month. I don't work right now, but I am going to college.

they have done MRI scans of schizophrenics brains and shown differences from healthy brains. Specifically in areas like the ventricles.

After being on psychotropic medications. Same with the prozac tests

schizophrenia.com/research/schiz.brain.htm

here ya go lil guy

You're correct, I cannot do that. I did not have any MRIs or anything of that nature done.
You realize I'm typing, I can read and re-type the things I'm saying to be more coherent.
>Schizophrenics are unable to be logical
Schizophrenia is not mental retardation, you've been brainwashed by the media, user.
I don't take ANY medicine, NOTHING, I don't take painpills, antibiotics, anything at all.

Schizophrenia isn't treated with Prozac

guess I was brainwashed during my psychiatric nursing rotation, where I spent days speaking with hospitalized schizophrenics and sat with them in therapy. Took pages of notes and developed care plans for them. Yeah I'm totally brainwashed.

what would you do if you got tuberculosis? Just treat it with some weed?

>SSDI
I'm on SSDI, I have Spina Bifida and I'm unable to work because of it.
The thing is, you cannot see my train of thought, so it's pretty unreasonable for you to say "you're thinking too clearly to be schizophrenic."

You're just talking out of your ass.
I'm schizophrenic (not OP) and I used to refuse meds. I take them now, but I take them every other day instead of the way they were prescribed (every day). The reason I take them every other day is because anti-psychs have all these side-effects. I can get diabetes. The meds work for controlling my schizophrenia, but I don't want to get diabetes from these shit meds.
I'm just waiting until the prescribe CBD (cannibidiol, from cannabis) to treat schizophrenia. There was a study done in Germany with CBD and it proved as useful as anti-psychs without the side-effects.

show me your list of current problems from your psychiatrist with a timestamp and I'll believe you.

Not op but when I was at the height of my psychotic delusions it was the worst part of it, couldn't tell reality from my delusions and was legit crazy lol. I went on meds that made me feel like shit for like 2 months and even though I wasn't ready to stop them, in my opinion, I did. Over time I saw it for what it was and eventually became normal for the most part. Just troubles keeping connections with family and friends. I work and live alone (other than roommate because rent is retarded expensive where I live). I'm still not great with money though. luckily I make a decent amount so I can afford to be a bit stupid with it.

Didn't say you can't refuse meds if you have schizophrenia. You can refuse whatever you want as long as you're not a threat to yourself or anyone.

I don't see myself getting TB, and comparing TB to schizophrenia is completely different. TB is life threatening if not treated, whilst Schizo is just a fucked up way of thinking.
What would be the purpose of that? I have no reason at all to prove anything to you. If you want to be suspicious of me, go ahead, it's Sup Forums after all.

also it sounds like the meds made you feel bad, but helped with the delusions.

the purpose would be to show you're not full of shit. You're doing an AMA. Typically that comes with a vetting process.

Man fuckin risperdone and seroquel fuck you up though, like I was zombified pretty much for those two months. The stupid part was that I was only getting like 400 bucks a month for disability. I was supposed to go see my psychiatrist every month for my meds but that was in the city and I had no way of getting there every month, so they stopped giving me disablebux but then back payed me 1.1k for what they missed and didn't send a cent after. I live in canadur and my meds would have cost me like 300 bucks per bottle but instead costed like 2 dollars lol

>the purpose would be to show you're not full of shit
By definition, I am full of shit user, that's just a fact of my life.
I also do not have any of the papers the psych gave to me.

dude when I started my first medication I read the warnings and it looked like they were literally trying to poison me. Forget what it was though. Oh yeah and I quit smoking weed completely so that MAJORLY helped tbh fam

yeah they definitely do. Those are atypical antipsychotics that actually have fewer adverse effects, such as extrapyramidal syndrome, than typical antipsychotics like thorazine do. Hopefully they'll develop newer meds with fewer adverse effects.

whoops that was meant for

yeah, thc can cause hallucinations, but there's other stuff in weed, like CBD, that can calm you down

Looking into getting some cbd pills actually wonder if it legal tho

op here, what's it like when you smoked weed?

I haven't smoked in months, it always makes my thoughts super fucked and makes it super hard to talk whilst making sense.

bump
someone ask me some fun questions, I'm bored.

Well, it's hard to explain because I was like, done for deep in psychosis at that point. I smoked way too much but just severe anxiousness and feeling like people wanted me dead. At the other end of the spectrum was maniacal happiness and shit. I thought like I was fuckin Jesus at one point and I was like invincible and shit. Idk but it probably didn't help that I had a very poor diet then also. I had extreme trust issues even with family. Like I'd think they were trying to poison me or spit in my food.

Bump

I feel you, it makes me super paranoid too. I always feel like everyone is lying to me. I hear people say things they didn't say.
It's never made me anxious though, even if I smoke huge amounts. It just makes me feel really cold and shiver a lot.

Legit schnitzophrenic here. Once thought I was an American code breaker under cover who got messages out of the newspapers then all these men gave me pens then I nearly drowned my baby.

This sounds about right. Delusions first starting off can be pretty strong. I just kept telling myself that's what they were and eventually it pretty much stopped.

How long have you had Schizophrenia?
I haven't had any delusions that bad, only feeling like I can read people minds. There was one time I thought I was god, but I don't know if I actually believed I was god, or if I was just saying I was god.

beet me too it you cheeky bigh'a

If you think that you are obviously a fucking virgin retard

Get out of here, Nash

Holy shit that cat looks fucking creepy

the faggotry...

Where's the fun if you don't play along?

Are you Marina Joyce?

No, I'm not. But she is pretty qt.

Prozac is for panic disorders, a result of schizophrenia

the fun is in not being a faggot.

Randall?

How it all started?
How did your family take it?
How you feel now?

I am sorry, user. My brother was diagnosed with schizophrenia a few years ago and it wasn't easy at the beginning, but it gets better.
Blessings, m8.

>How it all started
A few months back a friend of mine kept pointing out how I'd do stuff that was out of character and completely different from how I usually act. I don't remember the exact things he pointed out, but I dismissed what he'd said. then some time later I was at a party with him and this group of people I'd never met that were a friends of a friends friend showed up. A little while after they showed up I had this feeling, like I blinked but it was across my whole body, don't know how to explain it any other way. There was this girl with them who after I had that experience I felt like I could read her mind, and her emotions just by looking at her.
I told my friend about it a few days later. That's when I really started to notice the way I think was changing.
>How did your family take it?
I'm pretty disconnected from my family, except my mother. She was pretty upset by it.
>How you feel now?
Pretty indifferent, I'm not upset by it or anything like that.

>I am sorry, user.
You don't have to be sorry, you didn't do anything. But, thanks for the sentiment.

That's like, your opinion man.
Playing along is really f-fun. You should try it sometimes.

bumpo

Last bump before I let it 404