ITT:

Albums with god-tier guitar playing, god-tier bass playing, and god-tier drumming

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vl8m8PzmdbA
youtube.com/watch?v=y2HjCMrc3hM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

TOTBL

System of a Down - Chop Suey!

Impact Fuze - Moscow
Damien Schmitt on drums. Fantastic French drummer. He's in the top handful of drummers ALIVE right now. No joke. Just watch him play.
Feodor Dosmuv on guitar. He's like Greg Howe but better. More energy and more accuracy. He's great. Bassist is Davyants and he'll make you shit your pants.

Jazzkamikazi

5 piece band. Sax keys bass guitar drums. They're all fantastic. Watch the song future blaster then the song speed melody. Super good shit.

Hermann Szobel. 18 yr old jazz prodigy, nephew of Bill graham. His band is fantastic. Sounds like Coltrane. He was supposed to tour with mahavishnu and weather report. Think frank Zappa but talented.

CAB
Don't gotta say anything. CAB is the best jazz fusion band to ever exist.

My own band, superjazzrainbow, will be popular soon. Just wait, I promise.

I will check all of these out thank you for your serious answer

I hope you enjoy it. It sucks feeling like you don't belong but spreading the music I love is the best way for me to spread the love. These are my favorite bands.

Bump

What's the best CAB album my friend?

Still need to check these out

I like this album but I'm curious on how you think the bass playing is anywhere near god-tier

This

1 then 2 then 4. Therers no cab 3 its just a myth lol.

Impact Fuze's vocals really ruined it for me

hard to pick a record, they had one of the best instrumentalist lineups ever

Anything by Killing Joke

youtu.be/vl8m8PzmdbA

Where 2 start with Killing Joke

D. Boon's guitar playing is total wank.

Chronologically. Their worst album is Outside the Gate. Their 3 best are s/t 1980 (pic related), Night Time and s/t 2003.

not sure about impact fuze at all
as soon as they slow down its obvious they can't write a song
and aesthetically all the instruments sound (not play) like roller coaster tycoon music

instrumentally this album is both really interesting and played rly well

This has to be bait lmao how is it wank

I really enjoyed fire dances. Probably their most "happy" album

youtube.com/watch?v=y2HjCMrc3hM

Too bad everything else about it sucks sucks
Even if it's true it's way more focused on the guitar

Here's my contribution, wish the drumming was a bit more present though.

That's an album by KJ I hadn't listened to in a long time. Came back to it recently. Forgot what I had been missing.

Seeing KJ included in "goth" charts here has always made me uncomfortable. Their music is menacing and dynamic but I wouldn't call it goth.

And virtually every album Allan Holdsworth has ever played on.

Vinnie Colaiuta. Enough said.

I know everyone loves to hate Dream Theater, but this is literally what they were made for.

tweez isn't actually good

Any of their albums fit.

He's actually a good rhythm guitar player. His solos are what makes him a wanker.

Tweez is pretty good. Although it sounds more like some guys in a room with instruments than an album. And not really in a good way.

Their guitar sounds awesome on Tweez though, it was really surprising to hear them sound like Big Black after having only heard Spiderland

You can always find a bit of redemption in sharing recs, user

But

We cut down on guitar solos

Kim's solos are kinda bad.

>Although it sounds more like some guys in a room with instruments than an album
this is the perfect description of tweez. if you go in with lower expectations youll enjoy the experience more

This. Like seriously. I don't like Death Metal in general, but this... damn. Also the whole album has no vocals which is a plus, in my opinion.

thanks for reminding me this exists and to give it a chance. loving this so far

I really enjoyed it, it makes for an interesting record, but it's annoying when people try to say Tweez is better than Spiderland for this reason.

They come from very different places creatively and honestly aren't that comparable at all.

More like an evolution of sound. Also Brian had a mental breakdown. You should watch Breadcrumb Trail if you haven't.

so Led Zeppelin General?

Anyone have a mega upload of this? There isn't one in the archive

bass player here, TOTBL is great bass-wise

drumming is so insanely good here, guitars too, bass could be more articulate but it all fits so well

A death metal landmark.

this sounds like the kind of shit I'd hear pre-viewing a diy show. I would then not go to the show.

just got a copy of it with my spiderland rerelease, ill check it out

Narrowly beats out 2112 for my favourite Rush album.

yep

annoying vocals, great musicians

:/

Yeah

Close to the Edge

>Talking about this album like you have taste
>Talking about this album like it isn't a fucking staple of music
>Talking about this album like Mike Watt and D Boon aren't geniuses and your shitty opinion matters

Fuck off

honestly

this album is not well known but it should be

He doesn't use pull offs either, according to Marshall Harrison. It's all hammers, giving him that godlike smooth legato horn sound.

This