ITT: we have a good honest discussion about depression and how we cope with it

ITT: we have a good honest discussion about depression and how we cope with it

not exactly a feels thread but feel free to contribut those as well

I'm not a pussy. Stop being a pussy and be happy

Depression is gay and so am I

This is now a get thread. As in get a life depressed fag

good thread so far

I've been addicted to playing with video games for quite some time now to cope with it. Taking a break right now, 2.5 weeks and counting. Feels good and refreshing at times, even though the majority i feel really bad

drink daily, smoke on occassion. but i attend college and get decent grades which helps when thinking about my life

Let me tell you, I think I found the cure all for depression. Ramen fucking noodles.

I'm not talking a bowl a day. All I eat is Ramen noodles. For breakfast I blend it up with a little bit of onion and drink it on my way to class.

Lunch is just good old fashion ramen. 3 packets because I'm always hungry.

Dinner is different everyday. Sometimes I bake the noodles, other times I'll put it on garlic bread.

But thats not the secret. At night, before you shower, boil the noodles WITHOUT THE FLAVOR PACKET. When the noodles are done, let them air dry. They carefully cover youself in the noodles to cover as much area as possible. I read that the main ingredient in ramen noodles, NaCl, has healing properties. Especially put it on your forehead. Your body will absorb the NaCl through diffusion straight to the brain. This release hormones from the pineal gland that leave you with a euphoric feeling.

I've done this every night for about the last 6 months and my depression is all but cured

b8? or depraved sincerity?

I , take a dry noodles from the inside of the package to the outside , and bake in the heat . Then I went to the oven , from there and take it , it is delicious and very cispy. After that , I will as long as you have done , I put the noodles on top of all of my body . I will achieve the content up from the chicken .

jesus christ

is this copypasta?

24 years oold and i was disgnosed with depression when i was 13, runs in the family no surprise etc etc... At this point i'm firmly confident there is no real cure or real tangible coping mechanism other than simply taking the things that you are most depressed about at that moment, and turning them into fuel for developing your life further. I say most depressed because depression is something that exists existentially, and while it's at it's worst it will take your small problems and turn them into the biggest in the world.

24, arms covered in tattoos.
girls talk to me alot more than usual ever since i got them done.
only side effect: gf of 2 years left me because she didnt like how girls always came up and talked about my arms.
so i drink my sorrows by picking up girls at the cafe down the street, fucking them.
drinking.
playing overwatch.
trying to believe that someone else is out there
>i miss her so much

Autism

this, good fucking post

using depression as a catalyst for change is the best thing i've ever done with my life

anyone got a screencap of that story about the guy who was beat up in middle school, fell in love with that girl who eventually had an abusive boyfriend but then came back? It was earlier today. I know my description is shitty but the story was pure gold and I need to finish. That should be a fucking movie.

I second user, here. That story was deep, I'd like a screencap. Shit truly made me feel

nacl is just salt nigga
no need to be all science when you're talking about covering yourself in ramen

Bump

Half you faggots who claim to have depression dont. So shut the fuck up. It's the least serious mental illness and requires little to no coping by comparison to anything else

Well, it's nice to pretend to be happy. Friends help a lot. Mostly I enjoy doing fucked up things, leading girls on and dropping them in the most disgusting way possible. It's quite fun to come up with new ways! My favourite so far has been walking her to her house, casually talking about shit. As we are a house or two away, I ask, 'Do you want to know something amazing?" I point at her house. "That's the house of my pig ex!" It takes a few seconds, but usually they either break down, or try to attack me.

I can't give myself the free time to think about it, Gym,work,Party Just anything to keep me too dead to think about life or myself. Hope it helps

They say that to enjoy the highs, you must endure the lows. In this way, we participate in a unique plane of human experience. No one walks life the way we do. Our neurological and chemical functions are physically different than those who do not experience our symptoms. Some of us seek change, through therapy, prescription medication, sex, and/or drugs. The rest simply endure. In conclusion, the road is a short one for all, but especially us. But I hope you take comfort in the inherent lack of meaning in the universe; and I hope you take comfort in the meaning you derive from your experience.

so sorry user, but if you don't have anything positive to contribute, would you mind gently leaving this thread?

working out is the only real fix i've found so far and even that isn't forever, once you stop depression slowly creeps back in like a snake

Chance your attitude towards life by forcing yourself following those advice's you people get all the time instead of complaining more and more.

He trolled you, idiot. I'd call you a newfag too.

absorbing salt straight into your brain. good idea

samequeer

Thanks. I needed a good kek.

hell yeah bb. Just dumping some stale stuff