/banshee/

>scene cuts before we see based Proctor hit by bullets
LONG LIVE THE ETERNAL PROTECTOR OF BANSHEE!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_machine_gun
youtu.be/eCAxRcG01sc?t=2m5s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So, what was his name? I was waiting all episode and it never happened.

Also me and my friend called it from ep 1 that Burton killed Rebecca.

>tfw banshee got neutered by the loss of tax breaks and the expense of new sets

seems like they lost stunt coordinators too

Just woke up, downloadan

bumping the thread, I want to discuss this shit

Calvin really did a great job playing the embodiment of white male rage.

>not enjoying the bulldog barking at the skinheads

kek

that senator was Bulldog from Frasier

okay finale, terrible season

Worst season for sure, still not terrible.

That was a decent finale, but this season was definitely weak compared to the first two seasons, even more so than the third one.

There were no fight scenes on the same caliber as Hood VS Proctor, Hood VS The MMA Guy, Hood VS The Albino, not to mention the godlike fight that was Ana VS Olek (Probably my favorite fight of the entire series). Even Season 3 had a great fight with the Native American woman VS the Butler.

There were also no episodes this season that reached the quality of episodes like the last three episodes of the first season or that god tier episode from the second season where Carrie gets out of prison and they go visit the dream-house they had bought for themselves 15 years ago only to find themselves with that FBI agent + The Rabbi sniper in the grassfields.

They should have went all out but instead they put in too many unnecessary shit in it like the devil guy, and the fact that there were only 8 episodes along with the fact they wanted to tie every loose end from the past seasons unfortunately hurt the pacing of the show,

Overall, though, this was still a pretty decent finale to a great series. It was satisfying to see Proctor finally eat shit and it definitely feels like Banshee is now free from over 95% of its corruption.

>There were no fight scenes on the same caliber as Hood VS Proctor, Hood VS The MMA Guy, Hood VS The Albino, not to mention the godlike fight that was Ana VS Olek (Probably my favorite fight of the entire series). Even Season 3 had a great fight with the Native American woman VS the Butler.

That mexican girlcop seemed like a decent fighter, don't know why they got rid of her in such a lame way. I expected an epic girl fight between her and carrie

>There were no fight scenes on the same caliber as
There were no fight scenes with any calibre at all. I was hoping the final fight would be between Hood and Proctor and/or Burton on some rooftop or something, but even when Hood finally attacked Proctor and realized Burton was the killer, their fight was really quick and underwhelming. Then they had the Neo-Nazi brothers face off and I thought "Oh, okay, this is where they're gonna go for it" but nope! Just another quick underwhelming fight.
That was part of the appeal of Banshee and they failed to deliver. Also:
>Ana VS Olek (Probably my favorite fight of the entire series)
Hell yeah, my man. A hundred percent with you on this.

this season sucked

first 3 were great

My guess is that they had a hard enough time being able to tie up all the loose shit in just eight episodes, let alone have time for big sprawling fights.

But that only begs the question as to why they added in even more shit with the satanic cult and why they shortened the season to be eight episodes instead of ten. Maybe is right, the expense of the new set might have fucked this show up in a lot of ways, including stunt coordination for the fights.

1 = Godlike
2 = Excellent with some godlike moments
3 = Good with a few excellent moments, but underwhelming and disappointing in a lot of spots.
4 = Decent finale but underwhelming and disappointing in a lot of spots.

1 > 2 > 3 > 4, I guess they started too strong and were unable to top themselves.

S1 and 2 were GOAT, 3 had too much but the fat guy on the truck stuff was great, 4 was bad

This show was great. Great ending wrapped it up nicely as well.

Bunker and his cucked brother scene actually made me feel a little bit. Sad that the show is over, I wish good shows would just go on for 25 years like shitty Dr Who sometimes.

That Quarry show thatthey advertised before the finale looked interesting. Vietnam vet coming home to his small town.

I'm glad we didn't see him die. Now he can live forever like Tony.

>unker and his cucked brother scene actually made me feel a little bit.

As someone with brothers, got some feels too

> I wish good shows would just go on for 25 years like shitty Dr Who sometimes.

Good shows are the one which know when its time to end

Even if the last season and the finale weren't that good compared to the previous ones,it's always a shame to see such a comfy show go.

Still mad we didn't get to know who he really was though.

>Still mad we didn't get to know who he really was though.

Before the season i thought that Dylan guy will be final boss and we would find out more about Hood

It's finally over. Despite being lackluster compared to earlier seasons its still better than 99% of things Sup Forums discusses and watches. I have to admit that I've enjoyed these small comfy threads a lot too.

rip banshee, the knick and strikeback trifecta

4 years go by so fast. I hope the cast don't fall into actor purgatory.

This season was shit but the finale was a small consolation.

>FIFTH OF WHISKEY AND A BOWIE KNOIF
JUST ENOUGH LIQUOR TO CUT IT UP NICE

Best opening track for a pilot episode ever. It sets the mood for everything that Banshee stood to be.

It was obvious as fuck. You don't get any points.

The final season was too short, with 2 more episodes they could've done a lot more.

Oh well, it was still a good episode to end on.

Anyone have any recommendations for other series airing at the moment? I'm loving The Americans, not sure what else to fill my Banshee watching time with.

>rip banshee, the knick
I stopped reading right there thinking The Knick had been cancelled and went off to Wikipedia to check, was greeted with the worst S2 finale spoiler. Fuck

thanks for the spoilers faggot

Never go on Sup Forums before catching up on an airing show you care about

It's definitely cancelled/finished/whatever. They are not making another season dude.

not true, they are still deciding. They just want plan for next season laid out before they decide

Problem is also because Sodebergh will only do it if they renew it for the next four seasons which is very radical and unlikely to happen with a show with such low ratings

but there is still hope

Huh well fuck me if that aint the best Sup Forums news in months now. Thanks and sorry for unintentionally misleading you.

Got a source? According to Wikipedia third and fourth seasons are in planning with a new cast but we'll see. It's such a good fucking show so hopefully Cinemax will bite

>if they renew it for the next four seasons
my dick will be rock hard for weeks if this happens

When S02 was airing there were bunch of links and cast interviews that confirmed it in knick threads. Wish I could provide some source but im posting from my phone.

This is the only gripe I have.

I know its part of the whole show and symbolic and shit but at least give us the first letter and then cut away.

The people that made this definitely read "Scalped. "

He's been the mystery man "Hood" for the whole series, no sudden name-drop in the final episode could accomplish anything but feeling "off". Either it should've come up earlier or just not at all like they went with.

When the FBi agent gave him the file on him, I thought that was gonna be it. But the scene still worked I guess

BANSHEE
SANSMHEEEE
HANDSHEEEEEEEEE
REEEEEEE REEEEEEEEE

BEST SHOW EVER
FUCKING BEST SHOW EVER
RIP IN PEACE PROCTOR
RIP IN PEACE JOB
RIP IN PEACH ANNA
RIP IN PEACE BURTON

REST IN PISS REBECCA

YES SHE DESERVED TO DIE, AND I HOPE SHE BURNS IN HELL

RIP IN PIECE BANSHEE BEST SHOW EVER CINEMAX LOAD UP ANOTHER ONE I'M READY TO RIDE OR DIE WITH YOU

Tfw no rebecca

This guy can't say that

I'm gonna miss this show so much
>tfw ywn live in some bar-owning thief's spare hut while pretending to be the sheriff for shits

It's so sad this season had NOT ONE MEMORABLE MOMENT and Banshee did those better than everybody.

Killing Rabbit was a mistake

Sad. So sad.

I was fine with the season on first view, I guess once I marathon it again I'll notice how different it is. Finale was rushed, trying to intertwine the stories just seemed out of place (Carrie/Job taking over the truck). Loved Bunker and Calvin though. It was like they were tying to add in cool shit they never got to do like Brock with the RPG, and Burton/Hood. I kinda wish they left Proctor in his house just staring at his security monitors instead of having his wild west showdown, but since Job already did that with Nate I guess it wouldn't have been as good.

Spartacus-tier entertainment, and one of my favorite shows of all time. Been with it since half way through season 1.

>cene cuts before we see based Proctor hit by bullets
it was stupid. he was shooting with a sub-machine gun for several seconds without getting shot and the assassins didn't even raise up their guns. he could have taken down a hundred people during that time. I know this scene meant to imply, but he's obviously not dead

I feel like they added the Satanic serial killer only as a distraction. Everybody and their mother who watched the show called that Burton killed Rebecca after halfway through episode 1, and the writers knew the audience would figure it out. So they spend 75% of their final season on a comic book villain red herring only for the reveal of le epik tweeeest. Disappointing.

Despite that, I really enjoyed the final episode. Just wish the season as a whole lived up to par. And goddamnit am I gonna miss this show.

HOW

Wish I knew brother. He is a rather handsome dude to be fair.

>and the assassins didn't even raise up their guns.
Proctor raised his tommy-gun as a response to them raising their guns.

Some mysteries are better left unknown.

I also have to say that tommy gun was a pretty interesting choice of weapon/image for Proctor's final scene. Maybe something like an FAL would've worked even better though.

also dat Brock RPG'ing the fuck out of the truck was great

In my headcanon, they asked the actor what his favourite machine gun was since it would be his last ever scene in the program

>Killing Rabbit was a mistake
Absolutely not. If anything, having Rabbit live to the second season was a mistake.
The mistake Banshee did was in making the third season about some dumb army general and the fourth season about a satanic guy. The third season should have been fully about Hood VS Proctor.

still, not a single bullet hitting him was shown and the amount of bullets he fired would have obliterated everyone 1km in front of him

>Maybe something like an FAL would've worked even better though.
Form before function was quite obviously his schtick. Think about it. He was always immaculately clothed, drove an old Rolls Royce, ate dinner in the dining room and often employed theatrical methods of intimidation.

Also, a thompson in .45ACP is quite deadly in its own right; an intermediate rifle cartridge wouldn't have provided him with any measurable advantage in firepower. On the contrary, actually: the thompson drum mag takes 70 or 100 rounds, whilst the default FAL magazine size is 20 or 30.

Well to be fair, most of Season 3 was centered around Chayton.

Only one truck of guys got out anyway. He's dead, please lets not do this.

I brought FAL up for the very importance of image first and foremost, though I do agree with you.

Wasn't there an actual MG42 in his gun safe room thingy in one of the previous seasons?

Talk about both form and function.

>machine gun
Submachine gun.

>and the amount of bullets he fired would have obliterated everyone 1km in front of him
No. No. No. Ballistics don't work like that. Instant death and limpness (and thus inability to return fire) only happens if the brain or heart is turned to mush.

>t. nerd

It was good for a while. The skin heads were cool. But the finale was weak sauce. I didn't even realize it was the finale till they started wrapping everything up.

>t. non-retard

>Wasn't there an actual MG42 in his gun safe room thingy in one of the previous seasons?
Yes.
>Talk about both form and function.
A light machine gun would be difficult to aim and fire accurately with from the hip. It most certainly would've been a worse alternative to the thompson.

>No. No. No. Ballistics don't work like that. Instant death and limpness (and thus inability to return fire) only happens if the brain or heart is turned to mush.
I've seen someone full of adrenaline shot in the stomach with a 9mm. he immediately collapsed to the ground and went into shock. you're full of shit

Aint nothing light about 7.62 buddy.

>I've seen someone full of adrenaline shot in the stomach with a 9mm. he immediately collapsed to the ground and went into shock.
This person is obviously a pussy. I don't need to dig the internet for videos where an attacker is shot multiple times and still manages to function for multiple seconds afterwards.

>Aint nothing light about 7.62 buddy.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_machine_gun

I always laughed at what people name light.
Another hilarious thing is the "mini"gun

I guess they're compared to guns from ships and shit.

>>t. non-retard

You don't really get how "t." works do you newfriend?

"t." is a finnish-language shortening of the word "terveisin", literally translated as "regards".

What the fuck did you think it meant?

i'm so glad they didnt give in to the normies and say his real name

>"goodbye ana"
>"goodbye ... David"

wow that woulda been so good and satisfying right??

Someone replied with "t. nerd" - implying that he was a nerd
His response was "t. non-retard" - implying that the post who made that post was a non-retard

It appears evident that he (you) fucked up

>Someone replied with "t. nerd" - implying that he was a nerd
He replied ">t. nerd", implying I was a nerd.

>His response was "t. non-retard" - implying that the post who made that post was a non-retard
I quote obviously implied myself to be the non-retard.

>It appears evident that he (you) fucked up
l2greentext.

I also liked the fact we never got his name. I was curious and paused the arrest report that the FBI agent gave to Hood, but all it said was "Joe Smith"

The "t. non retard" was a response to the guy calling you a nerd
So it implies he was the non-retard
Seriously, is this your first day on Sup Forums?

please leave retards

No u

t. faggot

t. a non-faggot :^)

You still don't really get how this works do you?
So like, are you straight off the boat or did one of your friends on facebook tell you about this site?

these feels

They showed the bullets in the credits

Pretty sure he was joking.

DROPPED

>not-so-Nazi brother gets hit with brass knuckles
>gets up every time

I thought those things were supposed to hurt and smash your head.

Brock is a real human bean. Underrated character

FUCK YOU BUNKER

He is an attractive dude though,

How did they manage to make me not hate Job? Great writing and acting.

>banshee
>even the pretense of realism

this is spot on Tbh

what an underwhelming finale
>pacing is all over the place
>no build up to anything, stuff just happens: how did hood know where proctor was? He just ran the off the road suddenly. How did Carrey and Jobe managed to get away unharmed after the explosion but Proctor and the cartel went unconscious?
>Why didnt the cartel kill nazi brother after they found about the betrayal?
>Cliche 'I did it all for you'. I expected more from Burton.
>'Suck my tits Banshee'

This season needed at least two more episodes to wrap everything up nicely. It feels like they set up a relatively nice place in the beginning but just fucked it up in the last episode because they wanted to wrap everything up. It just felt too fast.

Only thing I liked is how they handled the fight between Bunker and bro. That felt like a nice conclusion to their story.

>pacing is all over the place
No, it was just slowly paced.
>no build up to anything, stuff just happens
That's a slightly rushed wrap-up for you.
>how did hood know where proctor was?
Suspend your disbelief. Far weirder things have happened during the show's run.
>How did Carrey and Jobe managed to get away unharmed after the explosion but Proctor and the cartel went unconscious?
They were further away from the blast. Simple. Rewatch the scene and you'll notice them running away seconds before anyone else makes a move.
>Why didnt the cartel kill nazi brother after they found about the betrayal?
The "nazi brother" died.
>Cliche 'I did it all for you'. I expected more from Burton.
Banshee was never known for outstanding writing.

literally everything except his name was revealed though
>a troublemaker kid gets picked out by special forces, then turns criminal, gets caught and goes to prison
that's all there is to it

>literally everything except his name was revealed though
Not really
We found out he was enlisted in a super-secret task force in his 20s - the operations of which we never found out
And at some point in assumedly his early 30s, he had left the task force and was now a major, reknowned thief who went to work for Rabbit
We don't know what he did on the force
We don't know what its purpose was
We don't know why he left
And we don't know how he became a thief

>And at some point in assumedly his early 30s, he had left the task force and was now a major, reknowned thief who went to work for Rabbit
No. He isn't supposed to be 45+ in the show. He definitely left the military in his early 20s; that would make him ~40 years old in S4.
>We don't know what he did on the force
He did wet work. Watch the earlier episodes.
>We don't know what its purpose was
Government agencies usually serve the government. Ergo, Hood probably served the US government in some capacity during his time in the shady world of military black ops.
>We don't know why he left
He found Job.
>And we don't know how he became a thief
Ex military with no skills useful in civilian jobs, a temper and contacts to a genius hacker. Somewhere inbetween all this, he also fell for the daughter of a famed crime boss, further fueling his desire to stay on course in his criminal career.

Name on the file says John Smith

>John Smith
youtu.be/eCAxRcG01sc?t=2m5s

I just realised, he never told the feds his name either did he?
That would explain John Smith