/blackmetal/

/blackmetal/: Winter Solstice edition

What are you listening to on the darkest day of the year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tgySbH4YAz8
youtube.com/watch?v=pDxLxbrx6RI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>posting one of vargs worst albums as the OP image
why do you do this to yourself?

Varg is just a childish kid who make music about lord of the rings

Even though Varg doesn't feel the same, I love his vocals the most on the self-titled. Also it's probably my favorite Burzum album cover, and it fits the theme of darkness today. Besides it's still better than any of the post-prison albums

Ya but some of the best black metal is inspired by LOTR.

Nobody ever wants to talk about ildjarn with me even though they're super underrated ;-;

s/t is perfection, the only weak point is War

Ironic pham.

Some azaghal right now, really been digging the Finnish BM scene lately.

Wrong. War is a prime rib example of good primitive BM. Do you even music?

I was caught having anal sex with my girl

i don't know much about black metal, i only listen to a couple of bands. that being said, i thought burzum was more or less a meme, something people would listen because varg killed a guy. is it good, is it worth it? i liked s/t

pic related is literally the best Burzum album

Varg admitted that War is just him doing a bathory tribute essentially so not really

Burzum's demos and albums up to and including filosofem are god-tier BM, some of the later stuff is worth listening to as well

It's unfortunate that Burzum is meme'd as much as he is, since he really is a good artist. Hvis Lyset Tar Oss and Filosofem are peaks in black metal, and truly incredible works of art. His early albums are definitely worth listening to, and the prison albums are fairly interesting as well.

thanks
also, while i'm at it, what are you guys' opinions on peste noire?

Azaghal are amazing. Check out this album if you haven't already.

Anyone have any cool BM merch? I just picked up this original Daudi Baldrs longsleeve from 1997. Also still begging people to talk about ildjarn ;-;
youtube.com/watch?v=tgySbH4YAz8

What is your AOTY? Mine is this, Black Funeral - Ankou and the Fire Death

no way I have the balls to advertise that I listen to bm in real life

It makes me feel edgy bc I don't really share any of vargs political ideologies

Black Metal Babies are the biggest tumors on Sup Forums
Enjoy your containment thread, but don't ever come back to /metal/

varg has no good albums

Why not?

I hate all metal aside from black metal. The rest is jock-rock trash for the most part. Chugga chugga.

because his ideologies are fuckin dumb

why does it upset you so much what I like

The only metal I can bare to listen to is black and death because I come from a hardcore background. Literally every other form of metal is gay as fuck. Prove me wrong

>implying /metal/ metal isnt the most obvious containment thread on Sup Forums

Ethno-nationalism isn't dumb.

D&D shit spilling over into his real world views is dumb, but being racalist isn't,

Before you two turn this into Sup Forums i just want to confirm that I, the poster of the burzum shirt, am not involved

>death
eww

If you like black then it's kinda retarded not to like Kreator, Bathory, early Bolt thrower etc

>Stupid bands being named after LotR shit and writing about typical evil shit.

That's a really nice shirt. I have a Hliðskjálf shirt that I really like.

Also, Ildjarn is cool. While I like the black metal albums like Forest Poetry or Strength and Anger, I love his ambient albums. Landscapes and Hardangervidda are beautiful albums.

Where can I buy some official bm merch in europe?
I gotta buy a burzum t-shirt, and a darkthrone one too.
>inb4 pleb

>we don't talk about good black metal in these threads newfag

>tfw there is still no black metal cover album of Comus's first utterance

What's your favorite album to listen to during winter solstice, /bm/?

>War
>Ruining the whole album
Burzum is a great album.

I wear a Darkthrone shirt in public. Also, Wolves In The Throne Room but they're not exactly "trve kvlt" black metal. Just have some confidence.

>NWN feels guy
Brought to you by Antifa

I saw some dude in Chicago wearing an Absurd shirt out in public, swastika and all. Limp-wristed leftists passed by and did jack shit.

if you don't share his ideologies then you shouldn't advertise him, give it to me if it's XL
according to his channel I agree with most of the things he has said, but with a grain of salt, because he's also against things like civilisation, and a civilisation before the christians came to europe was awesome, he's just butthurt because the Greeks and the Romans were so much ahead at that time

I didn't get what you wrote but antifa is for easily manipulated teenagers with no idea about such things as politics or history.
I know it firsthand.
youtube.com/watch?v=pDxLxbrx6RI
not traditional black metal but this is really nice, I should listen to more slavs

kinda surprising to me, seeing as most of them these days follow the 3rd grader tumblr tactic of "tattle and shame" for anything unprogressive.

some absurd shirts are kinda tame though. unless someone recognizes the celtic cross in their logo you cant go wrong with some of their merch

I'm listening to The Tenth Sublevel of Suicide right now. I've been meaning to listen through Vinterriket's discography for a while now, but it seems to be more ambient than black metal. But from what I've heard it seems pretty cold and dark, so fitting for the winter solstice.

Good choice, user. I haven't listened to much Vinterriket but he might be a good PdH substitute when I get tired of those albums (never)

I'm not advertising him, i'm advertising his music, which I like, and not his ideologies, which I don't personally agree with.
It's not rocket surgery to separate the person from the music, user.

Tbh I don't imagine a lot of leftists have any awareness of absurd, even less of what their shirts look like

I like his youtube channel, TheThuleanPerspective. I'm not a fan of his music, but I'm a fan of him in general

s/leftists/people in general/g

you advertise burzum, he makes money from this musical project, so you support him and his causes by buying his merch and wearing it in public
just give it to me already

Leftists don't know what a swastika looks like?

Wow, they really are dumber than I thought.

Ya I was introduced to Vinterriket from the Paysage d'Hiver split with him (Schnee is probably my favorite PdH song). While nothing I've listened to so far from Vinterriket comes close to the magic of Paysage d'Hiver, it's been pretty enjoyable.

Celtic cross*

It's an L anyway, and I got it off ebay so no money went to him. If anyone sees me in the shirt and decide to buy official merch straight from him, then i'll take it as a compliment tbqh senpai

ok then nigga-chan

Semantics, sure. But the fact remains that this dude was straight up wearing a swastika in a liberal part of Chicago and no one said a word.

This is my grail.