What was the worst thing to happen to pop music?

Aside from new wave I think it's brickwalling. Spotify has this retarded issue where local files are too fucking loud so here I am in Audacity applying a -8 amplification to my shit

Brickwalling is definitely up there.
Worst is probably sampling.
Vagina core emo music like green day, good charlotte and MCR, Roland TR-808, Autotune,
>muh indie/post rock etc

new wave emerged as a more refined version of punk, what's the relevance to pop music?

>Green day
>emo
>mcr
>emo
>good Charlotte
>emo

Please.
Never post again.
You're are severely mentally handicapped.

>sampling
stealing*

this.

fuck off and get down your high horses you patrician faggots

She's not the worst thing to happen to pop music, but Ariana Grande exemplifies everything wrong with pop music today.

>(styles i don't like) are the worst thing to happen to music
could you be any more of a lame clueless moron?

>sampling is bad
i didnt know people thought this
please return to reddit, 14 year old rockists

What the fuck.
That's not it at all, you're just a moron.
Green Day is pop-punk, generally. MCR is all over the place, and GC is the definition of mall goth.
If someone complained about Beefheart being buttrock or Kiss being post-punk I'd have said the same thing. You just picked three bands that are easy and popular to hate and ran with it.

It can be. Sometimes it's just lazy filler. Other times it's used creatively.

"sampling" is not even exclusive to modern electronic music
borrowing themes from folk songs or other composers was commonplace all throughout the history of classical music, sampling is no different

grimes

Whoops I dunno who you're talking to but I'm OP trying to express the American Idiot is my favourite guilty pleasure.

Her first album "Yours Truly" is pretty good-tier. Then when executives found out that she's not another Disney meme star then came the sexualization. She's literally softcore Miley Cyrus atm.

People having "guilty pleasures" is the worst thing to happen to music. Just own up to what you like you pussies.

It was at the guy who said Green Day was emo.

But how else can we act autistic on this board?

Synthpop is directly influenced by new wave

If you compare great pop artists from 80s/90s with today's you will notice that these first actually had talent. Also a major change in music is that nowadays it is mostly produced in daws with lack or very little of classic instruments. Its not necessarily a bad thing but I think that this may be a biggest difference. Today's pop is just not fun.