mind boggling

I like high hats

>miking hi hats
Cringe every time

how get in to trap hi-hat?

been wanting to get a new one
any tips in general?

Post sexy high hats

do ride cymbal fags have to ruin every thread? This is why we split from cymbals general, get your own thread

Psshhhhhh
boom ts ts ts cah ts ts boom ts boom ts ts cah ts tsssssss boom ts ts ts cah ts ts tsssss ts ts tsssssss psssshhhhh

stickfag

mine looks like this

wait a stickfag compared to what?

Oh really, because mine looks like this

what are you supposed to do?

>Not using an 8" splash

nice high hats

I lol'd

not if your Travis Barker

was this thread made by that one guy who got ass blasted for not being allowed to post about drums and keyboards in /gg/ all those months ago?

nice crusty old generic stand

i lost part of the mechanism for my hats. it got lodged into the middle of the bottom hat and when i got it out it flew across the room. now i just use the pedal as a dampener and stacked my hats with a broken cymbal. it sounds like trash but i like it.

let it bleed

they'll come through enough with a snare mic

i sound super fuckin lazy for this, but i've looked for it several times, and look for it most days that i go to the practice space. but i probably look lazy for not using capital 'i'

please keep this talk to pedal general

ayayayayayayayaya

you need to watch some John Stanier, boii

>not being dave grohl

I use 15" Dream Bliss hats, and they're so neat. real shucky but much clearer than the 14s

Just picked up a Ludwig Atlas stand from a local shop for $40 today too. Having a good time in /hhg/

best hats comin thru

ew it's all rusted n shit

>not liking crisp cymbals that have been aged underground
go back to crash general or some shit u pleb

< back on topic - what are the best online resources to learn drums independently? I have a standard piano background so I can read music and rhythms; also can play some beginner high hat-dependent rock beats

Seems like everything free online is for literal retards

the best way to learn is sit down and just play the damn thing for hours and hours, and once you're comfy, slap headphones on and start learning songs and practicing paradiddles.

honestly this. i had tons of training but none of the more complex stuff will make much sense till youve prcticed the shit out of it

Firstly you gotta drill limb independence excercises for a good month or so, then just start learning more and more complex beats until you feel fully comfortable around the kit

Fucking kek m80

>using meme hats below 14"

What do you guys use for secondary/auxiliary hats

>lowest cymbal in the kid
>not the ride
Shig

i used to use b8 rock hats just because i had them laying around, then realized how stupid aux hats are and threw them in the trash.

u fuckin wot m8 i'm talking about the pedal of a hihat what the fuck u on m8

holy fuck you guys actually made a hi hat general!!

You turned my dreams into memes. ILY

drummists

I own meinl byzance hats and they are good as fuck

why do people like meinl so much?
not clownin', genuinely curious.

mah nigga, sand hats are awesome. Everything from that line of sand blasted cymbals is insane, nothing can beat em

best thread
i like this
very nice

they've got a wide variety of makes and sounds and ive never played a meinl cymbal that wasn't well made