Anyone here with experience with escitalopram?

Anyone here with experience with escitalopram?

Is it good is it bad? Side effects? Anyone had withdrawal? What was it like?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_behavioral_therapy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i'm on it right now. what is your dose and what are you prescribed it for desu

depression isn't a medical disorder.

kill yourself.

>depression isn't a medical disorder.
oh

I'm sorry

There's thousands of people with actual doctorate's degrees who disagree with you

im on it right now. 10mg.

its very 'clean' compared to other ssri's. zoloft is another good one.

very vivid dreams. you sort of stay on a midline, you don't get super excited or super disappointed with stuff.

withdrawal sucks. i'm pretty sensitive to ssri withdrawal. i got brain zaps for about a month and a half. if i had tapered slower it would have been better. its like whenever i would move my eyes to look at something, it was like somebody thumped me on the head. its not painful but its annoying because it happens fucking constantly.

i like to come off all medication every so often, just to remind myself of what my baseline is like. every time i come off, my life sucks in comparison. i prefer life when i am on antidepressants, so i'm going to stay on them probably forever.

I take Celexa and Buspar and I don't notice much honestly

>Depression, which makes people want to kill themselves, apparently doesn't exist
>Tell them to kill themselves anyway
What's the point of your shitty post?

20 mg
I take it for social anxiety, not depression

I was on a low dose for a couple months. Didn't really notice a difference beyond little side effects like getting drunk more quickly, requiring more effort to ejac etc so I stopped. No one, doctors included, seems to really have a good grasp on how these SSRIs work when they enter your system, so unless you try a bunch of different medications in high doses it can be frustrating to gauge whether its worth it, at least for me

Used to take Sertraline 50 mg(Zoloft in US), hated it and wanted to come off it ASAP. It didn't make me feel bad, it just made everything grey and full and I'd rather have the swings than nothing to be honest

I'm stopping it after 4 years. 20mg.
I'm not sure about it's effect. Been on CBT (therapy) wich helped a lot.
I want to stop now to see if there's any difference.

whats better zoloft or lexapro

I'm taking Sertraline for almost two years now, and I have to say that it probably saved me

I get what you mean, I have the zaps too and the nausea-like side effect, now I know thats normal

Bump, being taking it since tuesday.

different strokes.

antidepressants are a crutch, not a cure. they're meant to assist with therapy, and you shouldn't expect miracles if you're taking drugs alone.

i prefer being neutral always to being a spaz some days and a whiney asshole others.

The anorgasmia went away for me in 3 weeks, that sucks

i took it for anxiety problems as well. i take it with xanax and i can function so much better now. my mood definitely stabilized. side ffects were only apparent the first 2 weeks i almost gave up. i 'm on 10 mg and i was feeling so fucking dam shitty. my alcohol tolerance is worst and at first i couldn't cum but now i'm just content.

i've been on lexapro longer, so probably lexapro.

you should try different ssri's to get a feel for them and find out what you like. some people don't like them at all. i've got a friend that likes prozac. you just have to do some trial and error.

yeah it sucks but you get better. my problem is that when i'm totally off antidepressants, i feel very 'clear' but also very 'dark'. these words don't mean much as its hard to describe something like one's day to day perception of reality.

if the zaps are too much, taper more slowly. usually people recommend 10% dose reduction every 2 weeks.

Forgive spelling.

Used:
- Lexapro. It worked great while I was on it, but had fuckawful withdrawls for months on end. Coming off it was the worst I ever felt in my life. It works for some people but I don't think it was worth it, because coming down was harder that anything was before I took it.

- Peroxatine. I had some kind of reaction to this, I think. It made me so lethargic I couldn't get out of bed. Tried it a few times. No other feedback because I obviously could only take it briefly. Just enough to realize it wasn't working the way it should have.

- Sertraline. Great. Some withdrawls, nothing too bad. I took it for about a year and it was great. My doctor and I had to play with the dosage for a while to get it right, but I never had any serious issues at all.

Consider CBT, it can really help. Especially for anxiety. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_behavioral_therapy

As said, andidepressants are a crutch, they can help a lot, but not in the long-term.