What is the American Spirits of music?

What is the American Spirits of music?

Solange Piaget Knowles

Glocca Mora

That'd would be a pouch of Top tabbacco and rolling papers.

something that lasts too long and packed too tight with shit that you can't get a good experience from it.

swans or some double album

you take that back

American Spirits are so good. It's a shame people feel the need to belittle them because of "hipsters".

found the hipster

“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a plebeian.

nice pasta

nah. only good american spirits are their gold and black packs. i started getting camels because they're cheaper. better cigarette. especially the Turkish royals. Now i smoke camels or bugler tobacco

Rufus Wainwright once said that he smoked them because Bob Dylan and Joni Mitchell smoked them.

the only tolerable kind are OP's pic, take camel blues or 'kamel' reds over that shit any day

I moved to America recently from Scotland, where most uni aged kids smoke when they go out to clubs or pubs with their friends, and here, everybody either smokes a pack a day or is morally opposed to the whole concept. Why is the concept of social smoking so foreign to Americans?

there's a phone going off downstairs like it's off the line but we don't have any landlines in the house. im scared

everything2.com/title/Smoking+as+a+nihilistic+displacement+activity

I like American Spirits tho. They last longer and don't make my throat sore, and they've got a cool eagle thing on the side of them

I agree. I love American Spirits desu

Cigars are also nice

My college worships Winston Churchhill, due to this there is a massive cigar culture and smoking culture on campus

Plus since the uni is private we can smoke wherever

>>something that lasts too long and packed too tight with shit that you can't get a good experience from it.

I agree with this, which is why pic related is the superior choice desu
>can control how much is packed in each cig
>more effort to roll, smoking less often
>people less likely to ask to bum one off you
>spliffs are god-tier
>way fucking cheaper

It's honestly the best way to go

years of anti-smoking campaigns/american indulgence

If you smoke cigarettes you are a plague to society and deserve to move to fucking china for being a corporate slave faggot. I bet you listen to punk music about anti-establishment then light up a cig after the show because you look so "cool" while doing it! XD
you fucking pathetic waste of society, have fun with your cancer. natural selection at work you neckbeards

>smoking

Let me tell you about the time I let Sup Forums tell me what I can and can't do

Dude chill out. I don't want everyone to smoke but being an asshole about isn't going to make people stop.

Lmao this pussy doesn't even wanna die

What's it like to smoke a cigarette for the first time? I've been thinking of trying it at least once, but I don't know if I'll be able to handle the after-effects.

if you're not a complete pussy you'll be fine, and remember that the best way to drag is to pull the smoke into your mouth first, then take a "normal" breath, exhale immediately, pls don't smoke tho

qotsa

>I've been thinking of trying it at least once
aw dude awesome! smoking is so cool bro! be sure to take a pic of you smoking man. ever since I was 12 I've wanted to smoke but mom won't let me even though I'm 18 >:( I see other ppl my age doing it and just. I don't know. I feel like they look so cool and I look less cool in comparison? smoking is so punk rock. The whole image and everything about it.

best of luck dude, enjoy

There's a lot of anti smoking stuff in american middle and high schools.

I can't un-associate Spirits and the Front Bottoms since the people who I started smoking with listened to them 24/7. I'm not a big fan of TFB, but Spirits are still my go to's if I wanna a pack.

If you smoke a filtered cigarette it better be cowboy killers you fucking homos

what is it that makes people this anti smoker? i only see this on Sup Forums. im not a smoker but i could care less if some asshole wants to die faster. waste of society? smokers can work and vote raise families and post on Sup Forums. whats wrong? don't think you'll die faget?

i smoke these, they're real smooth and have a good kick at the same time
plus the gas station by my house sells them dumb cheap for whatever reason

first time i smoked i had a high going for about 15 minutes, it was pretty sick
i have always had a pretty low tolerance to anything smoked though

under 18 confirmed

you probably eat meat. have fun with your cancer bud

You have the lungs of a pussy then. Roll it between your fingers for a bit.

Found the underage kids

>american spirit blacks
>camels
>bugler tobacco
are you me?

Turkish Royals vary in quality from pack to pack so widely that it's just not worth it. Spirits are good, but I prefer Kamel Red when I can get them, and you can never really go wrong with Marlboro Reds since they're so popular that you'll never buy a stale pack.

tool

>natural selection at work
most smokers will die after having kids you retard

same here man, I never enjoyed the cock taste from smoking cock. worst taste

Animal Collective

This one is Smashing Pumpkins

newsflash, most of everybody dies after having kids

nah, thats johnny hobo

>immortal
I'm never having spawn.

ITT: all of /moo/'s worst tripfags admit to being cancer smoking degenerate hipsters

Lasts a long time...tastes great. I get it.

>taste stale

kamel red is fucking terrible

Your b8 is shit, user

these fucking kids

why are you so invested in this photo? I assume you are the OP of that shitty thread

How do you invest in a photo off of the internet?

By forcing its meme value.

>memes have value

what

The funnier the meme, the higher its internet value. Everyone knows that.

Kurt Cobain and Nirvana(source in pic)..leave it to cobain to be ahead of the curve on hipsters way back in 1994. american spirit was his last smoke..surprised the company hasn't tried to capitalize that to consumers actually haha.

and they ARE better than other cigs bc they don't have the gunpowder and shit and have more nicotine and last ALOT longer and they ARE still bad for you too bc its still a cigarette after all

>not smoking gunpowder
Beta as fuck

cigarettes are bad for you, but if you ever noticed talking to rando smokers is the easiest thing in the world. dunno what to make of that.

UPDATE PLEASE

>not smoking Camels
it's like you people don't even want lung cancer

You guys are plebs

You better be talking about the unfiltered soft packs boy

the ONLY right answer desu

AAAAAAAAAS HE LIGHTS UP IN AMERICAN SPIRIT

>$38.99 for, literally, cancer

I will blow my poison into your pefect lungs.

dude N A T U R A L lmao

I smoked em because they're the only brand that gave me a real nic buzz, they don't stink up your hands as much as regular brands, and they burned slow so a pack would last me 3-4 days.

Fuck, 6 months tobacco free and I just want a spirit.

What the hell is this price?

get on my level, you fucking plebs

>they don't smoke the best

it's toasted.

Don't rate American spirits at all the draw is far too tight and they take a million years to burn all the way down. Although they do make good baccy for rollies. Never got the hype but maybe it's just me

>he thinks that was supposed to be b8 and not just mockery

This guy gets it

brown and yellow spirits >>>> light blue

camel turkish royals are basically the ITAOTS of cigarettes but kamel reds are really nice too

You dumb flyovers. Hipsters don't smoke American Spirits anymore, they're all into Hestia.

Those Turkish Royals are great btw, they smell like chocolate.

I smoke yellow like zach

blacks are dope

I smoke at least a pack of the light greens eryday

Just smoke cigars. Girls like the smell

All cigarettes have toasted tobacco in them. That's nothing special

Camel Blues

Is Sup Forums so high on irony that they actually smoke?

Nah, kid

Yellow master race. Smooth without sacrificing flavor.

Smoking has nothing to with music. When i smoked i smoked marlboro reds (undebatable best cig) and listen to different genres during the period

Turkish Royals are easily the best cig.

I'd love to go back to some rollies, but none of the gas stations in the US seem to carry them anymore.

i was smoking american spirit blacks (pack a week, not too much but enough) for a while but My friend just tossed me a pack of marb reds. Starting to love them.

So what are you doing to destroy the establishment, fellow Sup Forums user? Jerking off to some hentai perhaps?

CAUSE ANY SMOKES WILL KILL YOU
BUT THESE WILL MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE IT

American Spirits are fantastic.

Anybody remember Marb Skylines? Shit was the perfect winter cigarette. Just the winter air makes me want a Skyline. Too bad they don't make them anymore.

I don't know, as I'm not a degenerate smoker

>honey I'll smoke ya 'til I'm dying

>memecigarettes

get outta here

I saw skylines at walgreens the other day, where do you live