Domestic violence to be decriminalized in Russia

>Russian NEETs and anons can now be literally beaten to within an inch of their life by their parents, spouses, or siblings with no real repercussions.

So...this is the power of Russian values.

Some 368 lawmakers voted in favor of the law, with just one deputy voting against the plans. One other deputy abstained from the vote.

The bill would remove the charge of "battery within families" from Russia's Criminal Code, downgrading it to an administrative offense. Criminal charges would only be brought against offenders if familial beatings took place more than once a year.

The bill was spearheaded by ultra-conservative Russian lawmaker Yelena Mizulina, who is already notorious for successfully lobbying Russia's controversial “gay propaganda” law.

Mizulina first took up the fight in July 2016, when President Vladimir Putin decriminalized other forms of assault and battery that did not cause actual bodily harm. Mizulina has called the decision to define battery within families as a more serious offense – alongside hooliganism and hate assaults — as "anti-family, and claims that the law undermines parents' "right" to beat their children.

“Punishments [for offenses] can not contradict the system of social values that society holds on to,” Mizulina said in a speech opening Wednesday's vote in the Duma. “In Russian traditional family culture parent-child relationships are built on the authority of the parents' power... The laws should support that family tradition.”

According to Russian government statistics, 40 percent of all violent crimes are committed within the family. The figures correlate to 36,000 women being beaten by their partners every day and 26,000 children being assaulted by their parents every year.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domostroy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>you're now allowed to smack your wife if she goes out of line
That's literally like the early 20th century west, you dumb nigger.

So Russians should be proud they have managed to evolve their society a century behind that of the West?

It's only an annual smacking, though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domostroy

Fuck off Westerners, we have our own (XVI century) values!

The only reason ending communism was a mistake was that more famines and shit would have finished off Russia for good if communism continued.

More terrible would be a tax on the unemployed if his will.

>cultural progress is linear

>>Russian NEETs can now be literally beaten to within an inch of their life by their parents, spouses, or siblings with no real repercussions.
Kek. Good

I don't see how this could be perceived as "cultural progress" desu.
>tax on the unemployed
?????

>tax on the unemployed
How should this work?

women,the punching bags of nature,russians are on the right track here

>hitting your wife now works the same way hitting a stranger would
I don't agree with it, but it ain't too bad.

>I don't see how this could be perceived as "cultural progress" desu.
Well it finally allows men who have been oppressed for so long in our society to once again be free to be themselves without going to jail for it. It is the end of a dark age of anti-male tyranny and discrimination, and it is the most progressive thing to happen in the last 50 years. Not even joking.

Ask Belarus

>legalising assault == freeing men from tyranny
Very impressive.

>be westerner
>woman beats you to a bloody pulp
>slap her in self defense
>OI YA MISOGYNISTIC PIG! YA UNDER ARREST! TOUCHIN A LADY BE 15 YEARS IN PRISON!

>beating your bitch
>bad thing

this

it eliminates a stiffer penalty for hitting a family member vs hitting a stranger, and makes the law apply equally to everyone instead of setting up a protected class
>legalising assault
yeah, fuck off nigel

Not necessarily true, I knew a girl who kicked her boyfriend hard in the stomach and he called the cops. She got thrown in prison for months as a result, and it was just a single kick.

Women get charged with domestic violence here too.
>muh victim complex
>muh conspiracy against men
Grow up

>be woman
>beat a man
>get a month in prison

>be man
>beat a woman
>get five years

Was six months actually and only not longer because it was her first criminal offense and there was no injury, don't think she got off lightly.

violent?mediocre?backward?

dunno

tho its certainly pointless

>Criminal charges would only be brought against offenders if familial beatings took place more than once a year.
>free violence ONLY once a year
Heresy. I want to purge everyday.
>Yelena Mizulina
And that lady also 'banned' hentai in Russia.
While I still have 3GB+ of fine guro on my hard, for more then 2 years.
Efficient laws in Russia, everyone.

I'd love to get really cozy with a girl in Russia and end up living with her, then one day she turns, violently batters me and forces me to live as her slave for life.

Mad printer can not be stopped(((

They just annexed a neighbors territory, so at least the're consistent with 19th century values.

Pour vodka on printer, chav. It should stop its working sequence
If it's truly mad, expect slurping noises.

>be man
>>beat a woman
>>get five years
There are plenty of men who never go to jail because the idiot woman won't press charges.

Meanwhile beating your kids is still legal in most of Western Europe.

>beat your wife
>she starts to seek help
>runs into a fedora whiteknight neckbeard
>he comforts her
>befriends her
>eventually starts complimenting her
>one day he starts to hit on her
>she says that he is a good friend
>puts him into friendzone
>neckbears openly starts to complain that the good guys are are always friendzoned
I ain't even mad.

so it is progress!

Bravo, Russia!

The problem was that if parent would beat his kid he will be punished harder then a random guy who will do so.

But i'm not suprised for american ignorance.

It's a bigger crime because the kid isn't forced to spend the next 18 years with a random guy

You don't know what you talking about. Just another guy who think that he know everythink better then others.

It's cultural senpai, I was referring to what you said which is the belief the cultural progress is linear. Just hate the belief that new automatically means good and old equals bad.

>Only once a year

to be fair he has a point. nobody wants to live forever with a criminal thug

>implying it will not raise domestic violence against men and children
Look at who pushes these laws. Not all feminists wear colored hair and go to starbucks.

>be American
>think foreigners talk like pirates because you've never left the country

Yes, Mizulina is insane. What else is new?

edgy

Do wan law what ban Sup Forums. Only Sosach, only hardcore!

Well, you can petition whatever that stupid site-filter is called. Say it's CP and shieeet and your wish will be granted

Ah yes, good times

Russia is anarchy you can do whatever you want and get away with it
it used to be better in the 90s tho, good thing they go back to their roots

>sosach
One of my worst experiences, alongside with iicrap and holochan.

WTF I hate Russia now

> iicrap and holochan.
Чe oхyeл?
Кaк yeбy cyкa

The idea of domestic violence is stupid to begin with. There are laws against violence, simple assault and battery are still punished by law, no need for special snowflake domestic violence laws.

>implying the average woman can beat you to a bloody pulp

t. mangina

>laws against domestic violence are decadent feminist bullshit
>repealing them would preserve traditional values

"Manosphere" in action

Cвaли нa двaч

Gotta start somewhere