>they think it will become as iconic as Sydney's Opera house

Postmodernism was a mistake.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LyRhn0qqQsY
twitter.com/ndr/status/819314158277566465
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Meanwhile in Paris

Germany was a mistake.

That's like Hungary's entire GDP. You must really be mad seeing money getting wasted like that.

Vienna

Said poland

No shit, 100% of all relevant classical music originated in Germany. The only song ever written in australia is the one that sounds like a man being fucked by an Emu.

what about this...

Budapest

Brazil v.1

This one looks pretty amazing, I was pleasantly surprised

Brazil v.2

Brazilians seem to have great taste

Well, this was an old abandoned warehouse and they rebuild it to an opera house. Couldn't do anything else with it tbqh

Hungary

I thought music was banned under sharia law Sven?

you can also rent a space , the reason they paid so much my bro that lives there told it was the research and setbacks

I'm not an expert on Sharia law but I don't think it's banning music. The IS has some great soundtracks.

Lithuania can into architecture pls?

I like how you're ok with officials wasting public money on autism when they could have build something proper with less money and didn't only because of their incompetence and laziness.
Here at least you get shamed and named for shit like this.

I thought fucking animals was banned in down undertale but here we are

I feel bad for Germany, but at the same time it's a necessary model for the rest of Europe as to how not to run a country.

They did get shamed a lot. Everyone was mad for the time it was being built.

Definitely. Very nice building.

HOLEY SHIT FOR THE LOVE OF ALLAH PLEASE ACHMED, BLOW THIS FUCKING INSULT OF A BUILDING UP!!!

>what is a state budget for culture
They can't spend the money as they please and when they don't use the money, it goes back to the federal gouvernment. Plus, what else should they do with an old hansa warehouse in the middel ot the river?

Ah, that changes a lot. Hope they got downgraded or something.

>mfw a euro unironically uses something australian as an indicator of relevance

>Not even $1b

That's chump change for any country in the like top 20 of GDP.

Don't be sad because that's more than Hungary makes in a decade.

>Plus, what else should they do with an old hansa warehouse in the middel ot the river?
You can change it into a cultural center? Museum? Ministry of Sea afffairs office building after renovation? Sell it so it becomes a shoping mall?

Can't really deny that Australia has the only opera house any normal person on this planet recognizes.

Shut up Herzog and De Meuron are based

>Sell it so it becomes a shoping mall?
How very Eastern European. This is how our bydlo scum thinks about public space.

Every modern building looks like they hit "randomize" in the generator.

>I hate creativity so fucking much

Really we should've just stopped after Trog stacked two rocks on top of each other.

Who cares if it's a shitty neigbourhood? The shopping mall if the last option.

*is

best in the thread desu

t. uncultured peasant

>We camped out there for 18 days and this was still the best picture we could get

I bet you'd just let it go to waste and crumble like you did with all the Hungarian lands you got.

Those three nazi salutes in the lower right....it begins

>country roleplay
Here we go

>classical music

You'd make a warehouse for all the food and drinks Slovaks took from Hungarians, renamed, and called them their own?

I think it's too small for that.

>right click
>search google for image
>MILAN, ITALY
this honestly looks worse than any eastern european post commie shithole

it's worse than the worst main square in eastern europe - Trg Republike in Ljubljana, capital of Slovenia (pic related)

You can't use most musical instruments. If you listen to Islamic "songs" from IS it's all a capella.

Which all music today derives from

Technically Bach invented everything one could possibly to with music and everything since has just been slight variations of his work

Looks bad.
Should have just auctioned it off and built the hall somewhere else and make it actually look like it would fit in

t. somebody who likes modern architecture

>hating on based Velasca

That's really your attempt at a cumback?
Jesus fucking christ, you better ask Jamal politely because you're going to need more than that.

Lmao.How many rapefugees can they put inside that?Probably not that many, should have spent that money on invidual cucksheds instead.

Literally why. Islam is so fucking stupid.

>Velasca
pic related looks like a bellend with an std

I don't really understand Slovakanon's post?
like are you saying that your country wasn't built by the Hungarians? Do they not teach you that in your """schools""" and do you skip like 5 centuries of """slovak""" history?

youtube.com/watch?v=LyRhn0qqQsY

Hamas =! ISIS lad. Two different ideologies.

Its mushroom-like shape was pretty innovative for the time it was built

>nu-male from a frozen wasteland posting on dial up """internet""" being an expert
every time

The problem is not that it's ugly but the cost.
789 millions for that. Talk about German efficiency.

If it were a Russian building I would have assumed a lot of this money got spend on bribes but since it's Germany I guess they simply have fucked up with the building process. It's not like it's the first time it happens in Germany.

Just wait until you hear about our new airport in Berlin.

Not building this was a mistake.

agreed

but what would you Put in?

I don't even want to imagine the cost of the foundations to stabilize a building so heavy near a river bank.

communism doesn't require a solid foundation

kek

Holy shit is generic office building™ it's built on going to stay like that? Also what the fuck is going on with the windows?

> >Germans paid 789 million Euros for this concert hall
*the city Hamburg paid
> >they think it will become as iconic as Sydney's Opera house
not really
Its purpose is to make Hamburg more relevant.

>
Also what the fuck is going on with the windows?
fancy lights and shit
twitter.com/ndr/status/819314158277566465

why the fuck does that cost 789 Euros though?

Sydney Opera House is literally one of the foremost and most famous examples of post-modern architecture.

It is hideous.

>100% of all relevant classical music originated in Germany
More like Austria.

>this style
It's good only if it's old

lol

That's fucking sick tho

>The cost to taxpayers climbed from an initially planned 77 million euros to 789 million euros ($835 million).

WTF Germany?!?

>789 million Euros for making an old warehouse look like an old warehouse with a retarded radar on top
>"Couldn't do anything else with it tbqh"

The Sydney Opera House is Postmodern. Are you confused?

Bombing Germany was a mistake.

>food for tót

>hungarian
>not calling us niggers

Surprised.jpeg

wow that's fucking awful

Holy Christ, if it would've been really that huge it would look amazing.

At least you guys have cool concerts, all we have is this shitty egg building and no cool artists have attended there so far.

Modern art (Marxism) was a mistake.

They should've built it in the shape of a beehive.

Or a gherkin :^)

I unironically like it.

Americans and Brits detsroyed all our beautiful buildings or gave them to Polacks so now we only build ugly buildings to ease the pain in case of any such actions in the future.

>Some fucking washing up
>Iconic

Eesti is still best-i, amiryte gaiz?

Philistine barbarians need to get on our level.

what is so great about opera? the only one ive seen was carmen when i was in high school. other than some qts in the cast it wasn't very fun to watch

If you have to ask, you lack the intelligence to appreciate it in the first place.

opera is gay

What would they put on top after the fall of communism?

this

Your mother is the exception m8

>Definition of gay
> 1
> a : happily excited : merry
> b : keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits

toptier, but shame about those surrounding buildings

>tfw to stupid to appreciate opera
Feels bad man

I'm well aware. But at least your opera house looks halfway decent, though I wouldn't go as far as to call it pretty. Buildings like that have no place in Europe.