>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g77eCIdKlHY
youtube.com/watch?v=zLEjMW2WsuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1s-f7dIc2jg
a.clyp.it/a1qx1qou.mp3
nytimes.com/2016/12/20/science/stradivari-violin-wood.html?_r=0
youtube.com/watch?v=Gl0iMW8RF-0
youtube.com/watch?v=jLUr3wieXx4
youtube.com/watch?v=yGKan6eX5ug
clyp.it/tqtkcndv
stadiumguitars.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=0G7H1Eyt76c
youtu.be/ek5c69I5SfI
youtu.be/0AQruawUN_k
youtu.be/oUhu_vzDwxc
youtu.be/3wbiM3lYMXI
youtu.be/NkITzyhiKeU
youtu.be/KWdtHWAjs5s
youtu.be/BucuTfj91y4
youtube.com/watch?v=tgC-fkXVol4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=g77eCIdKlHY

Have they transcended coolness?

any cool jazz bassist?
i need some inspo

Who else counting down to christmas. I bought my own presents because allowing your wife to buy for a hobby that requires actual knowledge of the gear is never a good idea. I have to wait for christmas to get it though,

can anyone recommenda newfag a pedal for metal bass? i did a little research and was considering a fuzz, overdrive or distortion.

Aight so I've got a cheap shit bbe fuzz pedal th sounds shit with any reverb or delay, WHICH IS TERRIBLE because the only other pedals I have are a digitech delay and a dl4. I use the overdrive on my peavey classic 30 amp but that ain't cutting it plz no laff

So I got $300 amazon bucks. Thinking about getting a fulltone OCD bc at this point it's a meme that seems real and fuck I'm falling for it.

Also thinking about getting a zvex fat fuzz factory.

Am I stupid for comboing these two? Or should I switch the fuzz factory with a EH soul food?

>fluffy guitars
looks fucking gay, man

>Not respecting the fluffy guitars

The only gay one here is you.

What about comfy blue guitars?

Darkglass B3K or B7K
Or B7K Ultra if you're a fancy posh
youtube.com/watch?v=zLEjMW2WsuQ

Michael League
youtube.com/watch?v=1s-f7dIc2jg

(reposting because I found the HD version)

How to turn these 2 riffs into a song
What type a song would it be
a.clyp.it/a1qx1qou.mp3

>not making a guitar using Stradivarian era wood

Science proves 'muh toan.' non-believers pls leave

nytimes.com/2016/12/20/science/stradivari-violin-wood.html?_r=0

easy (you)s'

Scoundrel!

Eberhard Weber, check out his albums pendulum and silent feet

>Acoustic instruments

No one denies tonewoods make a difference on acoustic instruments.

It's electric guitars where the difference is negligible.

Also listen to the only playable Stradivarius guitar

What guitar did you start with? I started with a fender squire strat

Any of you know anything about wiring?

Looking to re-wire my deluxe strat to the g&l PTB system but I want to keep the s1 switch for going between series and parallel.

Any clue how it would be done?

Science proves "wood changes as it gets old" and "stradivari used some mineral treatment".
Nothing to do with how that changes the sound precisely. Nothing to do either with the tonewood debate on electrical guitars.
The article is also particularily subjective and draws conclusions out of nowhere, the study itself is much more objective.

Telluride bass I picked up for thirty bucks.

Esperanza Spalding

No it proves tone wood is real

youtube.com/watch?v=Gl0iMW8RF-0
youtube.com/watch?v=jLUr3wieXx4

Can anyone tell me about the brand "stadium" for electric guitars? Pic related. From what I can see, it has a three tone sunburst body, red tortoise shell pick guard, white knobs, unknown material for the pickups, tremolo style bridge, a vintage tint gloss 1 piece maple neck & fretboard, with Grover brand name tuners. I bought this guitar in 2010 from a small time shop - aside from what I've shared I know else about it. Thanks

>In their current state, maples in Stradivari violins have very different chemical properties compared with their modern counterparts, likely due to the combined effects of aging, chemical treatments, and vibrations.
That has nothing to do with even the tonal proprieties of the wood even, we're just looking at the cell walls and how different they are between shavings from a recent piece of maple and shavings from stradivari.

Building two almost identical acoustic guitars with different woods proves wood has an influence on the sound. Not this study, it's comparing maple against maple for christ's sake

Random asian strat knock off, probably from a factory's over stock or they got in trouble with fender and they "stopped" but really just changed names.

Yeah in other words tone wood is real

Thanks - a few more questions for you if you don't mind. Do you happen to know this style is knocking off? E.g. 60s, vintage modified, etc. Also, is this a guitar to gig with or just a bedroom player in your opinion?

just try and build on them. for example, you can use the first riff as the intro, use the second riff as a main riff and the verse, then find some chords that work for a pre-chorus and chorus, repeat the first part then maybe come back to the first riff, do a guitar solo, go back to the chorus after the solo and end on the first or second riff.

it's just a matter of experimentation, listening to music to understand the structures of songs and practice, songwriting is like anything else that needs to be practiced.

also the second riff is kind of drawn out, make it shorter and more to the point like the first riff

OCD is a very good overdrive pedal. Nearly everything Mike Fuller makes is a solid and useful pedal. and his TTE (tube tape echo) is one of the best echoplex style delays ever made.

The Zvex fuzz factory would be my choice over the EH soul food. the fuzz factory is a LOT of fun, and you can spend days just exploring the various textures and tones you can get from that fuzz.

ps; Peavy Classic 30 is a decent amp - I could gig with one of those anytime, and HAVE gigged with them when they showed up as backline amps. it's a better amp than most of the under $300 stuff at GC or Sam Ash....

>Zvex fuzz factory
meme pedal

Why are stratocasters so uncomforatable?

youtube.com/watch?v=yGKan6eX5ug
fug yea

because they're not gibson les pauls

Some cheapo nylon acoustic

It's arguably the second comfiest guitar shape.

SG is the first of course

I bought a Tubescreamer (old Maxon OD-9 with some desirable chip) and couldn't believe I didn't buy one sooner. I use OD, distortion, and fuzz for different purposes, sometimes stacking. My fuzz an NYC Big Muff Pi. I don't need anything else out of an OD or a fuzz, the ones I have do their jobs perfectly.

Who /flatwound/ string here?

terrible volume knob location and stupid belly cut. Every time I think I want one, I remember that.

looks like the guitar a dolphin would play

Does anyone have reccomendations for catalinbread pedals? I have a credit i need to use for a store that has their whole line.

Tips to improve my cleans?
clyp.it/tqtkcndv

Me. Bassist. Much better tone. I don't like the standard roundwound sound on bass at all.

Also i think if you ever plan to use a pick you should use flats always for that application. For slap a lot of people like round steels for the clear POP sound, but i think the thunky sound of slap on flats is underrated. It's much more percussive and less obnoxiously uh, zingy, in a full band mix.

Get a load of this meme

>im gonna add a voltage starve and gate to this fuzz face xd
>im gonna add a low pass filter to this fuzz face ecks dee xd
>pay me 350 bucks for them u fag

I like ZVex and all but he might as well change his name to Zachary Vexberg.

I feel you. I'm in an alternative band. I usually use flats for recording purposes. But in the live setting, I like the punch and zingyness. Cuts through a bit more and gives more of a hit. But I've always been the type that believes that a live show should sound different than what it does on the CD, you know?

stadiumguitars.com/

Are hofner basses meme machines? What about the epiphone version of the violin bass? My friend is playing an acoustic show and wants me to come play with him. But I ain't about to use an acoustic bass.

>stadiumguitars.com/

the one in the photo isn't listed there you dip :^)

what's /gg/s thoughts on Canadian guitars?
Godin does a lot of the pre assembly work for martin guitars while also making some beautiful guitars themselves.

they also make Simon & Patrick Guitars, Art & Lutherie, Seagull, Richmond, and Norman.

Other Canadian makers
Sparrow - (defunct)
DADDY MOJO

my friend has an Art & Lutherie parlor and it sucks ass. Maybe they didn't take care of it but it seems expensive while still playing and sounding like ass.

The Godin jazz boxes look nice.but their solid bodies are pretty tacky

ha

I was having problems with mine till I got religious about humidifying.

don't know if all solid wood acoustic guitars are temperamental about that, but my Simon & Patrick sure is

I miss all the mental generals.

somebody knows about youtube channel/book/ whatever on ergonomy and basic stuff? I feel I'm gettin stuck for doing wrong basic stuff like sitting up properly, holding the guitar or the pic and so, but when you search for something everything is about how to play the guitar.

Try to watch this without cringing

youtube.com/watch?v=0G7H1Eyt76c

>Bows
Well that was fast.

you're weak as fuck if you think that's cringy, aside from the terrible taste and tone, the playing's not that bad, there are plenty of terrifyingly garbage videos of people playing like shit on bc rich.

They're 142 on amazon user

>PEAVEY VYPYR
That amp fuckin sucks

t. peavey vypyr owner

I'm sorry user.

I own a 6505+ now, it's all good

r8 purchases

>boss memedals

DROPPED

Shiet you reminded me that I havent used my ds1 with my interface yet

I've never played a Hofner but i will say semi-hollow basses are worthwhile to look in to if you want that kind of sound.

>120th aniversary
>flame isn't matched

tf were you thinking?

>any boss pedal that isn't the fender reverb

>expecting quality control from Gibson

That is actually one of the better tops I've seen from modern Gibson

my boss ds2 does the coolest controlled feedback thing. It's pretty great and I haven't found another pedal that drives into pretty harmonic feedback like that when I walk towards my amp.

What amp do you have? I never understand people buying distortion pedals.. much rather put my money into a decent head than buy stompbox distortion. The only pedals I use are Tuner, Delay, and Noise Suppressor

I have a few boss pedals I love, get over yourself

Because there's a pretty big difference between buying a $100-200 pedal than a $1000+ tube head, user.

Not that I disagree with you, I'd get my Marshall Super Bass or Orange head ASAP if I had the money, but still.

What brands make pointy or deep carved basses? All I can find are round cornered and smoothed edged

>Tfw my quilt top Epi is better almost identical on both sides.

You fucking retards waste 2000 bucks just to have your guitar setup in the factory.

When was the last time Gibson had good qc?

Guys I need a red tortoise shell p bass pickguard for my MIM P bass - I'm trying to recreate the James Jamerson bass guitar. All I'm seeing are these "brown/red" tort guards, not just straight red. Does anyone know where I can find a straight red one? Thanks.

Some will argue 80's, some will argue 70's but it's universally agreed that 90's and onwards are garbage.

I thought the norlin guitars were supposed to be trash?

how 2 git stretchy fingers?

pre norlin, and thats it.

you're just as good buying a high end epi custom and replacing the pots and pups as you are buying an actual standard. that is the frequency of a well made instrument is that shitty between the two

oh, and id like to add. if you want a real gibson now you could buy a heritage. yea the headstock is pretty ugly but they are very nice instruments

>not a glorious nip copy with correct headstock

Jeff Berlin is one of the best soloists around. His songs are meh, but if you want to get better at soloing his stuff is great.

Compression pedal, if you have this then buy a darkglass b3k/7k.

Maybe it's not metal enough, but I like the sound of a bass with an envelope filter.

youtu.be/ek5c69I5SfI

What are your favorite songs/riffs to jam (wank) over? Maggot Brain is my personal favorite.

I occasionally like to jam on the solo section of Comfortably Numb until I'm sick of it:

youtu.be/0AQruawUN_k

Also this is another good one for jamming out:

youtu.be/oUhu_vzDwxc

Also this:

youtu.be/3wbiM3lYMXI

And these:

youtu.be/NkITzyhiKeU

youtu.be/KWdtHWAjs5s

anybody tried any Nebelung guitars?
If yes, what did you think about them?

youtu.be/BucuTfj91y4

Agreed. The joke is not only are Momose cheaper than their Gibson equivalents, they also have higher resale value.

Gibson are a fucking joke.

riff at 3:22
youtube.com/watch?v=tgC-fkXVol4
>tfw no dank riffs/licks like Isaiah

And every single guitar that comes out their factory is QC'd by the owner of the company and not some minimum wage hombre.

>that bow and smirk

wow

Anyone playing music over the holidays?
>aint no work round here for a guitar man

How do I get better at playing and singing at the same time? I can do simple rhythms but anything more complicated than that fucks me up. Even stuff I could play in my sleep is difficult. The weird thing is, a more complex chord progression doesn't give me any problems if its rhythm is consistent.

How much money am I going to have to spend on speakers to set up a decent sounding virtual amp with bias or amplitube. I only have a 100 buck 2.1 system on my desktop right now and it doesn't sound great.

He should've done this on the neck pickup.

>tfw want to play crazy jazz comp rhythm chord melody christmas song shit but don't know how