Are /lit/ and Sup Forums better than us?

Are /lit/ and Sup Forums better than us?

/lit/ are meanies :(

Yes, and also Sup Forums

that's goes without saying /so/ is one of the few good boards here

Sup Forums is the shittiest board on this site. I'd rather be forced to spend a year on Sup Forums or Sup Forums than be there for a second. Meanwhile /lit/ is restively harmless, just a bunch of college sophomores with an autsitic hatred for genre fiction.

Sup Forums is absolute Shit

Sup Forums is constantly talked about as the worst board here Wut

>/lit/
nah

>Sup Forums
yep

this was the best board what happened?

Tv are plebs about their own medium the shittiest board

nah, /lit/ are just more eloquent but it comes naturally with their hobby
Sup Forums is one of the only boards worse than this

/lit/ is just Sup Forums with words and Sup Forums is just Sup Forums and Sup Forums with moving pixels on a screen

>moving pixels on a screen
>he fell for the digital meme

this is quite literally a perfect analogy

Sup Forums is largely shit, though, for some reason, there are about 100 users who watch more esoteric films not for bragging rights or anything, but just because they like them; if you manage to lure them out with a nice thread, you can have a proper, profitable discussion and come away with a few titles you didn't know and will love once you check them out.

/lit/ is mainly a board peopled by rabidly timid guys with next to no self esteem who constanyl try to one up each other by demeaning others's reading choices, rarely bragging about their own reads, even more rarely trying to talk about what they love in depth. As for Sup Forums, there's a (much smaller) core of posters trying to genuinely share what they love because they can't really do so in real life - mainly, they're non English speakers who love English literature. Some people who read philosophy, too.

All in all, they're kind of similar to Sup Forums. Makes me sad to think that these three boards share the same, very real (and self-harming) tendency to be less about a genuine interest on their subject matter and more about trying to create a sense of worth and meaning in a purely negative way. No great news for sure, but it's a bit unhealthy and its only effect is to create an online generation of people incapable of appreciating what they claim to love, thus entering a spiral of self loathing, contempt and aimlessness that will make their life shit for years and years.

Sup Forums has the BEST memes.

/lit/ is alright just a bit slow. Sup Forums is the best active board.

Yeah

Baneposting is the only good meme to come from Sup Forums.

bmp

Sup Forums is as if Sup Forums and Sup Forums had a child and then beat it so savagely that it developed autism

The only boards objectively better than Sup Forums are Sup Forums and /ck/

Average attention span per capita

lit>>>>>>>mu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tv

>Sup Forums
>good
lmao

Sup Forums is amazing if you can just get through the pedophile threads

You people are forgetting something very important.

We have something Sup Forums and /lit/ will never have. Can you guess what it is?

Discernible talent?

I don't agree with this, I think that the desire to create self worth on a board like Sup Forums forces the users to think harder and more creatively about the music they chose to listen to and the music they decide to post about. In all reality, regardless of how cynical you are, the sheer amount and variety of music posted about on this board is massive and, as far as I can tell, unparalleled. Yes, plenty of mainstream albums are memed to death, but at least nobody takes discussion about them seriously.

Fantano?

>Sup Forums anything like Sup Forums

How sensitive are you guys?

triple digit IQs?

Well yes....but something EVEN BETTER.

(Meant to tag )

I love Herbie posting

Well, if that's what happens then it's all good; I'd argue, though, that what you describe is a relatively low percentage outcome, when considering whis board: most posts are about denigrating other people's choices, often with no real reason or logic other than the need to feel superior - which is accomplished by, instead of, as you said, trying to be a "better" listener or poster, by negatively interacting with others so to create a perceived sense of (lonely) superiority. Furthermore, people who try and force themselves into "higher tier" music may do so at the cost of their enjoyment of the medium, often listening to something esoteric in the background, not understanding it (for example, I could listen to microtonal music; my lack of instruction in musical theory will make the effort null, as I'll just end up listening to "pretty" music), just to use it a signifier in the social discourse; more often than not, this whole process will degenerate until a poster will not be able to genuinely appreciate and enjoy the music he sincerely wants to listen to, perceiving it as uncouth and inferior, while not being able to have a positive relationship with what he think he should listen to, probably ending up in the apory of not listening to anything and just shitposting, shitting on others, perpetuating this circle of shittery.

WHAT

HERBIEEEEEEE

I do too! I invented it, yknow!

wrong. so many idiots fall for the mu meme and listen to music through the mu filter and won't even listen to anything that doesn't fit the nu-male
mu-core category

it's pretty embarrassing desu

I'm sorry mr fantano. You're still my 2nd favorite.

Sup Forums is brought down by its userbase

Vinceposting was alright too, put Sup Forums is definitely the fucking worst

All Sup Forums discusses are normie comic book movies, so no.

/lit/ is a snoozefest, so no.

Sup Forums is brought down by its userbase

no but we're still shit.
/lit/ is if all the avant teens and classifag highschoolers on Sup Forums got shoved into a tiny room.

the planet is brought down by its userbase

I get the feeling that Sup Forums is incredibly disengaged with the medium. I'm amazed by how some artists are talked about endlessly but their contemporaries, labelmates, collaborators and influences are pushed to the side, ignored or outright unknown on the board. Even when marginally more niche artists related to major artists pop up on here it's normally in response to one of the popular webzines making an article about them.
I rarely feel a sense of enthusiasm and excitement about from people on Sup Forums when it comes to exploring music.

Dumb frogposter

>tfw Sup Forums laughs at us

Yeah, that's the point of my critique as well. It's a site wide affliction, though, at least when it comes to interests boards - and this affliction is mostly an extremization of a wider trend, that, as far as I can understand, has always been operating but, with the inception of world wide instantaneous communication, got sped up a great deal.

It's interesting to note that every board developed its own defensive/othering shibboleth, a series of buzzwords used to circumscribe and annihilate comunicative attempts that diverge from the negative norm - it'd be interesting to write a more in-depth analysis, it's really similar to a series of rituals an Italian anthropologist (Ernesto De Martino) considered as a safeguard against the existential risk he dubbed the "Crisis of Presente", the dissolution of one's sense of self when in contact with external stimuli che can't cope with.

I agree but I still think there's a portion of people here that absolutely loves music and just can't share it with anyone else in their real life environment and find other forums pedantic or outright hostile (in a serious way compared to the false indifferent hostility that happens here) so we tolerate the bullshit for the bit of shared appreciation and passion that happens once in a while, the rest of it we just don't take seriously and nothing an anonymous says will change what we think about our favorite music anyway.

Completely agree with the first portion of your statement, it's the reason I stay bere instead of migrating elsewhere. I'd say you are selling the pressure a restricted and fairly obnoxious social circle like Sup Forums can put on someone a bit short, but I may be too sensitive to it. I admire your indifference - maybe other people aren't capable of it. I know I'm not, especially if I stay on these boards for two or three hours straight, though your core reasoning (they won't turn if off pur favorite music) is mostly true.

while this is true, those people don't tend to stick around too long. Sup Forums is one of the easiest boards to tell when someone is a newfag or an oldfag