My first ever drawing, I've never drawn before besides shitty scribbles or stickmen

My first ever drawing, I've never drawn before besides shitty scribbles or stickmen.
Is it missing something? Got some tips?

Also random drawthread.

Go to the /ic board and check the sticky, there's a lot of resources there!

chloe?

Thanks, I've just found out and already opened it!

Yes... goddamned Chloe...

Get some Loomis and Vilppu in your life. You're drawing in symbols.

I think that's the stuff I avoided when I looked up on Google "how to draw a face" and instead slapped graphite on a piece of paper.

Still, I'll keep it in mind!

Loomis is very useful for drawing heads and facial features but reading his books themselves is quite boring in my opinion. You need to check out the videos of a guy called Proko on youtube. His early videos summarise the Loomis method very well and unlike the books wont take you weeks to drudge through. All of his videos are fantastic for any beginner.

Vilppu is brilliant for figure drawing and gesture but you're not there yet. Just remember to keep his name in mind.

This sounds precious, I will check it out, thanks!

I'm definitely not there, this is seriously my first drawing in 23 years of stickmen.

I saw that you posted in the beginner thread on /ic/ which I was going to recommend anyway. Just bare in mind that the criticism you'll get there is usually good which means that it will also be very disheartening to start with. They're not there to tell you that you're good, they're there to tell you what is wrong with your drawing and as a complete beginner, the list of things wrong with your drawings will be long. /ic/ is a great board and regular critique is important for improving but a lot of people sadly mistake frankness for cruelty and leave.

Don't give up, draw something every day and try to work hard on serious studies and improving skills whenever you feel up to the task.

First ever? Damn, nice job.

You'rea fag

Yeah I saw that board after I posted here, I rarely visit other boards and often see drawthreads on here.

That's what I hate, when I'm the one giving honest comments people just treat me like I'm the asshole... I do not expect my work to be liked, just looking for actual tips, since I'm basically new to this whole graphite on paper thing.

I'll try to keep drawing, I spent a relaxing night like I've never experienced so far, thanks!

Yup, from stickmen to this in a random inspired night. Weird even for me... thanks.

Yep, arts and this stuff are for fags, always thought so myself.

the best way to improve is to practise - a lot
and to have someone look over them and point out the largest flaws so you can work on them.

>I do not expect my work to be liked, just looking for actual tips
That's a good attitude to have and as simple as it is, it's one that not enough people have.

Good luck.

That's why I came here eheh, I have no one to show this to.
The /ic/ board might be a good start infact.

Yeah, most people just get upset when they get corrected... I find myself in the corrector spot on many topics so I know how shittily considered that position is, thanks!

>/ic/board
Most boards on Sup Forums are painfully slow. Consider to join deviantart and ask people to judge your pictures. It will be painful because as you improve it feels like you fuck up every single time.

Noted, thank you.

DeviantArt is filled with retarded children and people who couldn't recognise good art if it slapped them in the face. There are far better communities out there and /ic/ is one of them and a great one for starting out with. Also, it really isn't that slow.

DeviantArt has it's place in providing a showcase for one's works (something that OP doesn't need at the moment) but I really wouldn't recommend it for serious critique.

in progress drawing of my physique

Lol, also noted.

Uhm... I'm not sure about the proportions and the neck though.

yeah ive noticed. ill deal with it later

What program are you using for doing it?

gimp

Roger, I'll stick to graphite sticks for now.

Definitely symbol drawing. Try to think more in 3 dimensions while drawing.

Any chance you could please draw me a lady needing to poop really badly while at a niteclub?

That was my issue as well when I started drawing yesterday, it all looked flat.
Tried shading with a finger, and it gives a lot of depth very easily.
Lay graphite > spread graphite.

Post something you've drawn.

Not him but even if he couldn't draw for shit, his criticism is perfectly valid and obviously true in this case. No need to get defensive.

I second this, I wanna see the 3D.

looks like the girl with the sickle dude from vagabond. That her?

Also, not bad for a first

Needs Loomis

I know it's valid, but I still want to see a drawing if his.

It's supposed to be Chloe from Life is Strange, an user recognized her in the second reply.

And thanks, that game destroyed and inspired me.

Noted, I'll check later.

Maybe he doesn't draw at all? You don't have to be an old master to point out some obvious failings with a drawing. Saying "show your work then" is almost always a thinly veiled attempt to dismiss critique. Fucking stop it if you ever want to get serious criticism and good advice.