Lucid dreaming thread

lucid dreaming thread

what are your experiences? tried it once, got sleep paralysis. just me and a bunch of glowing eyes at the edge of my peripherals. is it worth trying again?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=T2NRZ6uS9ws
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lucid dreaming would be an amazing skill.

Tried it for a year, can't do it still
Almost did it ONCE, but didn't achieve full lucidity

bump for interest

I've had a lot lucid dreams, but I've never experienced a paralysis.

Lucid dreaming is very cool, you should keep trying

I achieved DILD and WILD

how you do that shit?

explain pls

I just play games and I have lucid dreams atleast once a week.

Its just a common thing for me.

I also suffer from sleep para alteast once a month tough...

also been told not to fuck anyone when lucid since i would literally be mentally fucking myself. i thought that was one of the best parts?

First try was successful and has been my only successful attempt to date.

Did WILD technique. Was lying in bed and did a reality check (nose plug works best for me I guess) and then instantly a dark shadowy demon looking thing grabbed me and pulled me out of my bed onto the floor. I was smiling like a fool the whole time because I knew what was happening. Once on the floor I rolled around to try to ground myself and keep myself in the dream longer (I had read that overloading senses can help you stay I the dream if you fear you're waking up). Ultimately ended up waking up shortly after. But while in there I was able to test all of my reality checks and truly see them all work. Soo cool.

Sadly my only other experiences have been sleep paralysis and one time having a lucid dream within a dream sorta situation. I felt like I was in a lucid dream and then woke up and went and talked to some people about the lucid dream and mid conversation started hallucinating that a woman (House's Girlfriend from the tv show) was in the room trying to undermine me. I ended up waking up again shortly after and realized it was my first false-awakening. Weird shit

I've been lucid dreaming since i was a child. I usually would do something unreasonably exciting like kill everyone on the titanic, and then realize i was waking up. and then i would wake up after short lived but cool experiences. worth it.

It's rare for to have dreams now, unfortunately. whenever i do they are lucid.

DILD (dream initiated lucid dream) is (for me) more like a lucky punch. You can train your awareness when you're awake by asking yourself several times a day if you are awake or sleeping. Then sometimes while dreaming you'll think "wait, that's bullshit, I'm dreaming" etc voila.

Cont

I'm not sure how i do it or why they happen, they just do and have for my entire life.

Man, i once dreamed that i had sex with Bailey Jay.
Lucid dreaming is awesome!

Had a lucid sex dream. Yes, it is worth it.

>one of the best parts
Wanting to fuck someone when you go into a lucid dream is the equivalent of taking a holiday to an exotic planet just to relax on the beach.

Also double dubs what a deal

3x Dubs :O

OP here. does having sex in a lucid dream work if you dont know what sex feels like?

Yeah works great. You just need to know what sex is. I did things like that as early as 8 or younger?

But what works perfectly for me is to lay down, not moving anymore and wait till your body falls asleep and keep your mind awake till you slip into a dream.

Easiest way (for me): waking up and be aware of waking up. So you wake up, you don't move, wait few minutes and have first class ticket in your flight to your dream

What worked best for me were reality checks - one that worked twice was asking myself regularly if i could hover above the ground - when awake. And at some night i notice oh shit, i can hover!
Since hovering is kind of stressful i transformed into a helicopter and cleared my favourite map on Battlefield 2, then i entered chimneys santa clause style destroyed several houses and laughed myself awake.
Got some more good and really bad dreams.

Had two awesome LD experiences, totally random, no effort on my part... Probably the coolest thing ever. In one i did have sex, best sex ever. Not sure why you wouldnt want to fuck in a LD, kinda confused by that one.

Every single time I realize I'm in a dream my body tells me to get fucked and shoots up waking me up violently

I've had it 3 times or so. It's always short lived, though.. which is a shame, became it's so real and so fun.. I just always end up waking up.

It's worth it, it's just difficult. For me anyways. I fucked, I flew, I materialized drugs, felt the effects, and more. It's wild.

It's always been by accident for me, too. Keeping a dream journal has helped none, because there's never really anything reoccurring in my dreams to keep note of. I just sometimes happen to notice someone off, like clocks and words warping when I look at them. I immediately say "I'm dreaming." and then I have full control, until it fades.

I wish I could find a supplement that guaranteed lucid dreams.

Start writing a dream journal - there is no such a thing as a dreamless sleep (assuming your sleep scedule is somewhat healthy) - you just don't remember them. A dream journal helps you remembering them.

Same

I call it a flight to the dream cause it feels like this for me. First of all there is a noise getting louder and louder, like a starting airplane. Then my body starts to shake (at least it feels like) and after a while the noise fade away. Then I'm in a dream, sometimes exactly where I went to sleep, sometimes somewhere where everything's just white. Then I start to give commands like "sexy girl appear" or "sexy girl have big lactating tits" and it happens

Obligatory fucking, but here's the kicker: Fucking in space. It was a weird combination of not touching anything besides her body and in a slow spin in zero g.

You need to look down at your hands to pass through the second gate

Reality I mostly use is to cover my nose and try to breath trough it

Reality check*

Anybody ever read The Art of Dreaming?

I have lucid dreaming almost every night, Ive intentionally done it so much now its a habit. Might as well do it nothing to lose but world of adventure to gain. Sleep paralysis is a sign of being uncomfortable ive found, ive had it many times i still have it.

I wake up with no recollection of having a dream. Other than that i usually remember them pretty well.

One of my most memorable was this:

>Be me
>13, having lucid dream
>Suddenly in Rome
>pope comes up to me in some kind of horrifying cathedral , i realize i'm fucking dreamin
>letsgetjiggy.bmp
>Pope is now a slab of un processed lunchmeat
>there is a pocket inside the lunchmeat
>it is filled with 40 thousand dollars.
>i am on fire
>i light everything on fire
>I send the world into some kind of hellish state
>everything is screaming and tinted with a red hue
>i am god and it is incredible
>i wake up and scribble it on some piece of not paper
>mom finds it and calls me crazy
>mfw i haven't had a dream in years but it was worth it all those times

My all times favourite dream was on the north pole. I remember walking bare feet through the snow and looking at the beautyful sky and the waves. Actually the place didn't really look like the north pole, i just "knew" it was the north pole. After some time i see a house with the lights on and approach it. Since the door is locked i just jump through the keyhole and sit down on a super soft carpet made out of a polar bears fur enjoy a fire, drink delicious tea and watch the beautyful sky. It was some sort of plasma changing shape and color constantly but it was probably the most beautyful thing i've ever seen. When i woke up i noticed that i had cried because it was so beautyful.

There's this account on ifunny which posts seriously vivid and lucid dreams. It's really good, here's one

When I was in Hs, I use to write some details of my dreams for no reason snd I didn't know anything about lucid dreams. So now, like 10 years later I can control my dreams, wherever I'm dreaming and I see certain stuff, for example; there's this place, it's like a department store, but the mannequins are very unique, once I see the mannequins I know I'm dreaming and I can do whatever I want, I have limited options because it's a store. I have different scenarios; a vidya room, a supermarket, a Forrest (my favorite),a shopping mall and a city, I might have missed a couple. But yeah, it something like that. I also get a lot of sleep paralysis I don't know why but I've learned to stay calmed and go back to sleep

Wow

What also may help: writing down your dreams in a dream diary (I did not do this, but read allot about it)

Arica?

Holy shit this captures the feeling of a nightmare so well... Wow

Same

What the actual fuck

Well if you want to go back to remembering them again you need to break your sleep cycle apart. Put on a alarm clock in the middle of the night, if you remember something, write it down, if not - go straight back to sleep.

I'll never sleep again

>went lucid
>alright time to fuck
>poof hot girl
>hot girl doesn't want to fuck
>be so surprised I wake up

le epic fail x'D

Sure

It was also a 12 year old

>>friendzoned again

tried to fuck one of my best friends in an LD before but she didn't want to so i tried to rape her but i couldn't

im going to bed soon, and im actually really interested.
Can someone tell me how do i "lucid dream" ?

Good trick - treat her like a real girl - try to build a connection, because that's what your brain wants.
Then the sex comes
Then you do too

i sort of remember one

>be me, 15
>finally go lucid one night
>obviously start fucking my crush
>principle's stupid fucking face comes to mind because i got into trouble with him that day
>i am now fucking my principle

worst orgasm

Here's a spooky one
>wake up
>in nearly pitch black wrecked library
>run out
>in woods
>Find a well with a rope beside it
>curiosity took over me
>tie rope so I can get to the bottom
>it's some kind of a dark palace
>run off into a sewer area
>GIANT ASSHOLE THAT MOVE WITH TEETH TURNS THE CORNER
>it's about to eat me
>realize I'm dreaming
>it turns into a box of cereal
>wake up

That was one hell of a dream

i lucid dreamed a lot around a year ago, but now i barely remember my dreams
i used to walk through walls and fly and shit
it was pretty cool tbh

had alot of lucid dreaming and alot of paralysis
the dreams are awesome i reached a point the line between dreaming and waking became blurred to shit like i couldn't tell
but i was lucid dreaming every night

I saw this rotoscope movie about dreaming and one technique works every time for me: turning the lights on and off. There's no change in light levels and it lets you know you're dreaming. The hardest part is staying in it. Also waking up in the middle of your sleep for a bit tends to help.

At the time I was around sixteen

Look up a website called "World of Lucid Dreaming", there's a lot of great articles and tutorials on how to LD

I only see this going terribly wrong because this is how you can some crazy bitch in your room trying to choke you.

i was able to lucid dream once. i was dreaming about being with a group of friends i knew from high school then just realized i was dreaming for no reason. I stood up and told myself im dreaming then everything faded black and i woke up in my bed. dream only seemed last what seemed a minute or two.

At the beginning it tells you to close your eyes, then after sleep paralysis it tells you to shut your eyes?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=T2NRZ6uS9ws

Toward the end. Guy in the leather jacket

This doesn't seem so weird to me. I've have horrible nightmares that i feel like i could describe so vividly but i need to go to work.

>have to take care of a lot of kids for whatever the fuck reason
>decide it would be exciting that we'll explore this cave close by
>suddenly a scream: i turn arround
>see 3 huge men in doctors overalls and masks take children away in different directions
>KNOW they will torture them to death if they reach their destination
>notice that i got a large rusty scissor in my hand (who placed it there?)
>charge after the first guy who calmly walks in one direction
>i slit his neck open with said scissors, he collapses and the kid comes back
>i do the same to the second guy and notice more screaming
>more large men carrying away children
>i can't kill them as fast as they appear
note that these murders seemed pretty damn realistic at the time but i had no choice
>the group of children is reduced to ~5 from originally 30, i decide we have to run away
>find a really small passage going upwards, i push some of the children upwards so they are safe
>look down to see that the entire room is now filled with 100+ of these large men
>they all look at me but it's completely silent
>as we proceed to get to the surface more children vanish for whatever the fuck reason
>only one is left
>on the surface i'm in some sort of jail - barbed wire and mines arround
>while i'm busy keeping the large men away i hear a scream and know it's too late
>a lion bites the neck of the last child, it looks at me but says nothing more
>the look tells me "you have failed, everyone died and it's all your fault"
>break down to cry.
>notice i've shrunken
>a large man picks me up and i notice that i'm merely a child now myself
>he carries me somewhere to torture me to death, but at that point i'm fine with that
>i hold onto him to make sure that he doesn't drop me and cry
>he puts me on a disection table and cuts my arm, i wake up

plot twist: this is a lucid dream
since you can dream within a dream and wake from a dream but remain within the dream
multi-layered dreams
you can't disprove it

is this a common thing?

Nice dream user

yes i can
it's too vivid
plus my reality checks are indicating that it's real life

sleep paralysis makes you hallucinate in the most horrifying ways sometimes
you can convince yourself you are going to die if you panic too much
and you can't move can't even look around the room

i'm saying life itself is a dream as this is the main branch the other dreams span from it probably has a more unique way of functioning
i find the idea interesting as you never know where or when you might "wake up"

been there done that.

HOW TO: Relax and do NOT try to control the experience. Let the mind wander but do not react with any trace of emotion to what you see in the lucid dream. Be a neutral observer. If you can do that the images will go wild and become like HD making you want to react even more so to the images. DON'T

how do you keep calm when you have a paralysis?

but we're reading text. It's always super difficult to read while sleeping

cant you just close your eyes?

of course not, you're paralyzed you twat.

Whenever I try to get sum fuk in lucid dream the human female slowly turns into animal and I just can't do it anymore and wake up.

how would you then be able to move your eyes? that requires muscles too, so does focusing with them, if you were paralyzed it would just be a blurry mess

kek

checked

>I wish I could find a supplement that guaranteed lucid dreams

You totally can bro. It's called lsd and DMT or is it dxm? One of them. Whichever is the chemical in your brain that's responsible for creating visuals when you dream. Pretty sure it's DMT.

closet furry?

Reality checks have failed on me few times. Especially when I think that I'm awake but actually still dreaming. Layered dreams are a bitch.

Take two fish caps and one zinc tablet 30 minutes before bed, you're welcome. -sleep for 8-12 hours fyi.

I'm pretty sure you could move your eyes during sleep paralysis.

True. But it's still nearly impossible to read text in a dream. Often times, it'll just be a jumble of random words and letters. And if you read the same sentence again, it will most likely be different.

Once had a lucid dream
Became the emperor if the world
Drove around in a flying aventador
Banged alison brie
Woke up a minute after penetrating her with cum all over my bed

Well, my furry-ness is only limited to catgirls. And not even the slightly hairy ones. Just girls with cat ears. Tail is not required, in fact it turns me off.

samfagging OP

so, REM phase is non existent?

but thats my point, if you could move your eyes, wouldnt you be able to shut them?

You have to realize you are in a paralysis, it's scary as fuck, but you have to focus on your breathing, close your eyes (if you're able to open them), and go back to sleep, it doesn't last more than a minute for me. Don't try to wake up while you're paralyzed, I heads it's bad for your body if you wake up/are woken uo by someone else. Sorry for bad English.

By knowing what is it, what is happening to you

>can't even look around the room

this user exaggerates, right?

i always get the paralysis before i actually sleep
i think i can usually see what's infront of me but i can't do anything else and if i try to force myself to move it really hurts my brain and having my eyes open just gives me more to hallucinate with so i close them but the thing is you can sometimes feel something in the rooom with you like really feel it and it might be standing over you or it might be coming slowly closer or there might be a few of them around
and you aren't sure if they're human or not but it doesn't look that way