I'm thinking about enlisting into the Marines...

I'm thinking about enlisting into the Marines. Any military Sup Forumsros out there who have any tips they wish they knew before enlisting?

I would not enlist now, OR if Hillary wins.
You'll regret serving a democrap!

Boot checkin in. Questions?

Army Veteran here

>join military
>live w/ men
>head shaved
>treated liek shit
>maybe shot, killed, lose limbs
>govt. DGAF
OR
>go to college
>do some drugs
>fuck bitches
>maek lifelong friends
>keep limbs
>fuck moar bitches

The choice is pretty easy.
Don't be a pawn for the rich.

Navy guy here.

Don't go infantry, keep your head down during basic, pick a job you can use after your service.

Been in the navy for 6 years now, started out as a Corpsman, after 2 years i went to SWCC

Best pieces of advice i have for you, follow the rules, dont go anfib, and complaints always go down not up.

semper fortis marine.

who is retarded enought to enlist to army...

I thought about holding off on enlisting because of our shit tier candidates, especially Hillary Cunton.

Apparently me

I was thinking embassy guard is I could manage to get the position.

embassy guard is just patrol and security.

which is military police, If you don't mind being a leo on the outside world i'd say go for it.

As an Armorer I have it pretty good for where I'm at, but it was definitely not worth the bullshit.

>I'm not smart enough to go to college
>drugs are gay
>socially awkward and can't talk to women

Marine Security Guard duty isn't a primary MOS, it's a b-billet. You don't graduate boot camp and go to MSG school.

It's like being military police, if your entire job surrounds the security of a compound and everyone in it including the ambassador. It's not some PMO gig, it's a personal secret service type deal.

fuck off boot fuck

fucking POG.
>I'm supply

Shit my bad, I don't know much about Marine MOS

In the navy the master at arms normally does all the security jobs and patrol, so i just assumed its the same.

Well i mean with that you could join a contracting group after service, which is probably what im going to end up doing if i dont reenlist and go for the 20 years

If you finish out your four years and decide not to retain your retirement your job was either Motor Transport or you're retarded.

Then again, if you willingly chose Motor T, you're retarded.

Coward pussy pushover castrates. Do infantry

The social security retirement age is 67 years old for people born after 1960. 20 years of government service lets you retire with full benefits as soon as 37

I'm not a MA though, im SWCC.

we don't do transport.

>pushover
>navy specwar

k, good try pog.

I EAS next month (get out) and im happy i joined and happy im leaving. Its a great time and an utter miserable time all in ond package. You meet the kind of people you would never have dreamed existed. The retards, the intelligent, the normals. The people range from low grade dirt bags to the most bro you will evet encounter, from all over the damn world (met a britfag who joined after coming to the states, so so SO many south americans and an african beleive it or not). All in all it was worth joining for the perspective alone.

You will be uncomfortable-- embrace it and take everything one day at a time, gaining self confidence that every day you are improving mind & body

Shut the fuck up and do EXACTLY what your told. Do NOT fuck with any higherups. Be a GOOD fucking Listener or you'll be screwed.

Don't be shy about anything at all. Have CONFIDENCE and try to exhibit it in everything you do. Don't be wishywashy or indecisive because depending on your job you'll fuck yourself or others over (or kill them). As you rise in ranks if you want to make this a career then you will NEED TO KNOW how to be a LEADER. No one is going to hold your hand, its up to you and your buddies.

Pick an MOS that you can imagine doing every single day and enjoying. Look up what the POG's do because a lot of times its boring as fuck and you hate your life. Even combat arms can be a lot of hurry up and waiting.

Anything else.... fmr USAF Security forces

I've done 4 years so far in the marine corps. Dont do it, especially not now in peace time

"Peace time"
Enlisting isn't a bad idea. I definitely do not regret enlisting into the Marine Corps particularly. What I do regret is believing and trusting my recruiter.

If you want to spend 4 years with only 10 hours of free time per day then by all means go ahead. You'll get really good at picking up trash, picking up a machine gun to set it up 100 yards away, picking up more trash, cleaning your room, cleaning the rest of the building, and running.

fucking this