Blonde

What is it about his music that you like, more specifically his latest album blonde, for me it probably the lyrics and the soothing tone of the album

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7xzU9Qqdqww
youtube.com/watch?v=j_7eofl08ZI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

These bitches want Nikes.

(BRAVE)

>soothing tone
This is pretty much the appeal for me. Both Blonde and Endless have a mellow, almost dream-like quality to them that's nice to put on when I work, but beyond that there's not a whole lot there for me. The lyrics and melodies on most of the tracks are just ok.

kys

It's authentic.
I know this word is overused but, in this case, it's totally adequate. You can actually feel that he's talking about a genuine love, whether it's a love lost of found. And it shows in every artistic and technical decision he makes, from the lyrics to the mixing.

I couldn't have put it any better myself

Greatly said, you can sense his emotion and love through his vocals and the production.

i thought channel orange was shit should i listen to this
capcha might be fitting, i think the bread might be romantic but i can't know for sure

I thought channel orange was overall mediocre but loved some tracks and Blonde is my AOTY

I don't know if this is the album that'll turn you into a fan though, there's a dramatic change in theme, vocals and production from CO but at the end of the day it's still Frank

blonde just feels like i'm having a down to earth convo with frank. I like that. Nights is the new Fast Car.

yeah man, feels like a connection with him and his fans. Especially on futurafree where he is talking directly to us.

No harm in giving it a listen. However i must tell you that this is not background music, to fully enjoy it you need to sit down relax and just listen. It gets better with each listen. I hated this album when it came out but over time I love it and is now my AOTY.

not only that it's authentic, but it's not diluted by trying to use 50 cent words to make the songs seem more grown up or whatever the fuck. I hate when I hear inorganic sounding thesaurus words used in love songs because it makes it sound artificial as fuck, but when frank writes songs he writes for the everyman. Frank songs are written to be really un-pretentious and simple while still managing to be a genuine and interesting insight on love/life

reminder that Blonde was the better overall body of work but Endless had Rushes Too which is song of the year.

musicmp3.ru/artist_frank-ocean__album_endless.html

I listen to this song and I reminisce over lying in bed with an ex all day

I love Rushes and Rushes Too, both are almost perfect but I still place Ivy and Siegfried above them

Kid Cudi for plebs. Prove me wrong.

I'll take the bait just because fuck it but Kid Cudi is for plebs in the first place. As for the comparison between the two I'm baffled how you even came up with it

Explain how Kid Cudi is for plebs?

The only song of his people know is Day N Night. Whereas with FO you get a bunch of guys and girls gushing over him.

Kid Cudi is harder to get into and without Cudi Frank Ocean wouldn't exist

he's a mainstream rap artist they're all for plebs are you serious? And your second statement is simply a subjective opinioni can't logically refute, only offer an opinion. As for it, you're saying moody hiphop is harder to get into than new age R&B when they have the same audience? What?

You have to be 18 or older to post on this site.

Thinking Blonde is AOTY shows how young you are.

lol ok what's your AOTY?

>inb4 what does my taste have to do with etc...

I don't have an AOTY.

My favourite hip hop records this year was Denzel Curry, Lando Chill, P Money and Travis Scott.

I like Endless more

not trying to start shit but how is Travis Scott not for underages but Frank Ocean is? I'm just not seeing your logic

you weren't in high school back in 2009, were you? every goddamn kid was jizzing himself over kid cudi (at least at my hs)

Cudi is honestly the most overrated artist of all time.

He had a few good singles and a single good album. Claiming that he inspired the new wave of hip hop artists/RnB is ridiculous when Kanye and Drake did what Cudi did but, you know, actually good.

Content and complexity

>DRAKE

Opinion disrefuckingarded

and how is Travis more complex than Frank Ocean? Still not seeing it

Drake and Kid Cudi are one in the same in terms of what they do

Go back to HHH you're not ready to hang out with the grown ups

I never said that Drake was good, but he definitely expanded upon Cudi's style and made it palatable.

'stoo late dude
you have a vagina

So you're saying that Kid Cudi is literally 2deep4u.

Kid Cudi isn't 2deep for anybody. He's a pretentious hack that made moody hiphop and now believes the world lives to drink his depressive cum.

There are PLENTY of artist's- namely Scott, Ocean, Tyler- that have expanded upon Cudi's moodiness and destructive tendencies actually have artistic maturity and discipline that Cudi lacked, which ultimately prevented him from achieving the influence his deluded fanbase believes he possesses.

in what world is Kid Cudi, a mainstream rap artists, not for the normie masses?

Is this thread bizzaro Sup Forums?

Speeding Bullet and PP&DS are not mainstream rap albums.

Maybe on here but not in the real world.

no not one here either are those mainstream rap albums either but most of his career has been as a mainstream rap artist putting out chart topping singles and #1 albums

also I'd like to see you refute

Demon Slayin' is a hip hop record completely indistinguishable from the rest of the records that have dropped in 2016.

Speeding Bullet isn't a hip hop album. It's a rock album released by a pop artist. It would have certainly been palatable to the masses if it was good by any standard.

I don't think this dude understands there was a time when Kid Cudi was literally bigger than Frank Ocean ever was

Hell didn't MOTMII sell comparable to the first? It wasn't even until 2012 he started falling off

preferred endless overall
blond is okay but at times the songs bore me.
Guess this is more for romanticist

I'm well aware how big he was. I listened to him my freshman year of high school when he was the biggest he ever was. I'm also aware that he was as just as big as his contemporaries, but simply fell off as time went on as other artist's maintained their hype. The only thing I can gather from this is that Cudi didn't have the staying power of those contemporaries.

Also, I'd argue that the birth of OF was a bigger cultural phenomenon than Kid Cudi could ever dream of being.

frank ocean released blonde independently and it still debuted at #1 on the charts

how many #1 albums has Cudi had

you could argue that OF was more influential than Cudi but I'm still trying to say that there's no way Kid Cudi isn't for plebs in the same world that Frank Ocean somehow is which is what that user was trying to say earlier

youtube.com/watch?v=7xzU9Qqdqww

show me a frank ocean song with this amount of views

I see, I got confused who I was replying to.

Kid Cudi fans are so deluded that they think he's literally lightyears away from any other hip hop artist. I wouldn't have such an issue with this if Kid Cudi was anything more than mediocre precursor to the times.

agreed I mean I enjoyed his last album but when it's all said and done I think he'll be remembered more for his contributions to Kanye's records than his own, unless MOTM III turns out to be some masterpiece

Yeah i agree it might be more for romanticist, endless is good too

Does views equal sales or cultural impact? For fucks sake, the top viewed music video on youtube is Gangnam Style. Doesn't mean shit.

the highest selling album of 2016 was Views but Drake is still behind Taylor Swift and Adele in terms of popularity. Sales are determined by dedicated fanbases, just because more people BUY Frank's music doesn't mean he is LISTENED to more than Cudi

Drake is also a black artist competing against a pop musician and an even more traditional pop musician. These are multifaceted issues. Regardless, I think everybody can agree that the hype surrounding Frank's Blonde was bigger than anything Cudi's released the past 4 years.

I mean even I would agree with your last statement but to say Kid Cudi is not for the masses while Frank Ocean is doesn't make a lick of fucking sense. None. I mean for fuck's sake people are calling the last album a welcomed return to form and surprise surprise, it's him going back to the style that made him popular with people in the first place

I like the music. The subject matter can be corny at times but he is master at creating a nice concept and matching the music to it.

Guys

(frank ocean makes poor music)

>the guy that made Super Rich Kids
>makes poor music

get out my thread boi

>I think everybody can agree that the hype surrounding Frank's Blonde was bigger than anything Cudi's released the past 4 years.
yeah its called marketing copied from jai paul
don't kid yourself to think frank ocean is bigger than cudi

Do I just not get it? Is it 2deep4me

I'm not kidding myself, the times have changed and Cudi is fucking irrelevant. Don't kid yourself into thinking otherwise.

yeah thats why drake tried to start a beef with him right?
thats why kanye brought cudi on stage
m8 frank is okay but he only gets his boosts over being a gay boy
cudi been flames forever and always will be without the identity politics gimmick .
the numebrs don't lie
when cudi is about to drop something the world is waiting to hear
have fun waiting another 5 yrs for more frank ocean boo hoos

all yr opinions are stupid and all yr arguments are logical fallacies

lol, you are probably the only cudi fan on this forum

not an argument
the numbers don't lie

I'd rather wait 5 years for music then listen to mumble and humming album.

try this instead
youtube.com/watch?v=j_7eofl08ZI
modern day cpt beefhart

jesus christ, think my headphones broke

coming from a guy who overrates MOTMII into being a classic...

meh