Can't fully appreciate it if you can't relate to Don

Only the lyrics, really

*paranoid schizophrenia

>fully

just an open mind

is this what autists tell themselves ?

understanding most of the lyricism is meant for humour

the writing isn't even that important to this album
i mean, apart from don aman, the album talks about lots of other more interesting stuff
the playing and composition are what makes the album
genuinely the worst song on the album, was put forward by britt IN the studio. all you people saying you like slint because of don aman
aren't appreciating the album fully
listening to every other beefheart album first
its a bit of a staircase

>writing isnt even important to this album
>fully
pick one

But then you need to put social confidence in the prerequisites section due to Breadcrumb trail

>desire to not be like the other kids

I don't know man, but if your problem is that you don't "get it" which I assume is the case, and I do, then it seems pretty clear my mind's a bit more open to it than yours. Or it could be an intelligence thing, though I didn't want to go there

You can appreciate Breadcrumb Trail while still having social anxiety. I, personally, get really really exhausted emotionally and physically by being around people, but I can still BE social.

I think it's the way you've studied music mate. You'll appreciate an album like that much more if you look at music from a creative and unique standpoint, you're going to be much more impressed than someone who is looking for mainly form and lyricism

>deliberately misquoting me to make your argument
it's not THAT important. im saying the whole social anxiety part of slint is massively overexaggerated by people here, when really having some nice observations isn't at all to do with why this album is so highly rated.

the most interesting thing about the writing on this album is how the narrative spikes and drops with the textures and structures of the music - most obvious in the first and second song.

Exactly this, Breadcrumb Trail, Nosferatu Man, Good Morning, Captain and Washer have nothing to do with anxiety

>music theory

Can confirm, I love Beeffart

thats everyone dumbass

what about for dinner

thought that one was obvious

I mean, i used to like this album a lot when i was younger, but i eventually grown out of it.
i still listen to it from time to time, alongside animal collective and weezer, but mainly for nostalgia purposes.
I've gotta admit, it really isn't that musically interesting when you know a little bit more about music (i.e. when you're over 19 y/o)

Or being a complete fucking degenerate.