rbt.asia/mu/thread/S46475385
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S46478177
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any of you read Simon Reynolds' books?

>books

>reading
>music "journalism"

Fuck off

I've yet to read any of them but I've heard that some of the 33 1/3 series are pretty good

this

Yes. Pretty keen on picking up that Glam book he has just released.

this. Fuck Simon Reynolds.

The Fall have so many books related to them, but I think this is my favourite.
I think mum's buying me this and Andy Partridge's book for Christmas. Good to know it's got someone on here's approval
Yeah, I read Rip It Up... and really enjoyed it

I would like to say the new Brian Wilson (auto)bio is good, but it's kind of rambling and if you aren't a huge fan some of his rambles may not catch in your ear.

Another really underrated book about music is The Phantom Tollbooth

this
i remember when i was 14 too OP

Please Kill Me. I know it's kind of a cliche answer but it's a great book.

good book op, i also like this one.

this. Grow up OP you utter nigger

This provides interesting insight into how the pop industry manufactures hits/stars.

I have a few of these on my list to pick up. I've only heard good things about them. Apparently people submit proposals to write them so there isn't a uniform structure though.

Rip It Up is great, currently making my way through Energy Flash

Read this.

Only Retromania.

Some of them are good, others not so much. I own the one for Zaireeka and it's alright.

Interested in reading these.

Can anybody tell me if [picture] is any good ? I'm seriously considering buying it.

I made a thread awhile back about the topic if you want to trawl through it for recommendations.

rbt.asia/mu/thread/S46475385
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S46478177

Kanye's Biography is nice

33 1/3 books are only good if there's actual information about how the album was made, the artist's story, and actually goes into the music theory and lyrics and stuff. Just read a bit before buying and make sure it doesn't read like an extended RYM review.