/BEATLES/

Who had the better solo career?

>inb4 one trick pony: all things must pass

Lennon by a considerable margin
Aside from Ram and Band on the Run his post Beatles stuff never rised above so-so
Plastic Ono Band and Imagine are better than any of Pauls solo stuff

George Harrison

george harrison had the best solo shit

All things must pass is def the best solo Beatles album

i like paul better

SIMPLY
HAVING
A
WONDERFUL
CHRISTMAS
TIME

Only people with taste could understand.

Paul had more consistency overall but George delivered the best album.

Only time I'll agree on Paul being better than John is when comparing their Christmas songs. Happy Xmas (War is Over) is ruined by the kids choir.

Please Please Me - 8/10
With the Beatles - 8.5/10
A Hard Day's Night - 9/10
Beatles for Sale - 7.5/10
Help! - 8/10
Rubber Soul - 10/10
Revolver - 10/10
Sgt. Pepper - 9.5/10
Magical Mystery Tour - 9/10
The Beatles - 10/10
Abbey Road - 10/10
Let It Be - 7.5/10 (Naked - 8/10)

This is THE quintessential pseud opinion. Nobody who's listened to McCartney II or Walls and Bridges would ever entertain it for a second

>Please Please Me - 8/10
...That's fucked up.

Lennon had better Beatles tracks but he never made an album on par with Ram

best beatles solo album coming through

Lennon blew his load early, all of his five good tracks were within a few months of the last Beatles album and then he never did anything good again but got praised feverishly for every little thing he did

McCartney had Ram, which was better than most of the Beatles albums and he got constantly shit on for it

TEMPORARY

#9 Dream came out in 74 and it's one of the best things he ever wrote

Someone didn't listen to Somewhere In England

feel free to give Plastic Ono Band a listen
Is this Opposite Day?

yeah. typical contrarian le quiet beatle bullshit. paul has more talent in his pinky than george ever did

I want to drink a Mac and Jack Wonder Potion

Who /ringo/ here?

Ringo's solo albums are underrated. They're not groundbreaking but they're solid and consistent unlike the others'

He even made disco listenable.

Literally nobody listened to Somewhere in England. I refuse to believe it even exists outside the realm of Wikipedia marginalia addressing AOR Muzak. Never in my life have I encountered another human being who sat down for 45 minutes and listened to Somewhere in England; the idea has never so much as occurred to me as a hypothetical. It's a popular misconception like the forbidden fruit in Genesis being an apple or vikings wearing horns on their helmets. Somewhere in England is a pop music fake news meme, disputed content, whatever. The words "Somewhere in England" exist, the idea of George Harrison making boring music is somewhat plausible, but the album itself is not real.

Agreed, it's way too low

I have. It's pretty awful Whatever good song could have been was ruined by shitty MOR pop 80s production

or maybe you're just a stupid pop music worshiper. you listen to coldplay too brah?

John had the ball early with Plastic Ono and Imagine (even his records in 1972) and #9 Dream absolutely kill.

Paul had McCartney and Ram and Band on the Run which are all excellent. Paul got the mid to late 70's run with Wings that John didn't have Post 1972 (barring the fact that he stopped making music). Ultimately the differences in their careers aren't too dissimilar it just boils down to which albums you like better. I think John had stronger lyricism but Paul had better vocal melodies and overall riffs. Personally I return to Paul's albums more but I think John had more emotion and cynicism which makes his more inherently emotional.
New by Macca was solid, Check it out
All things Must pass is so good is really makes a case for the rest of careers clunkers (post '74)
Fuck yeah Ram
This is just a hot take, Lennon still made great material

Ranking of beatle solo careers
George = Lennon > Paul
10. 9. +8

paul, easily

mccartney, ram and mccartney II alone make him the GOAT

Forgot about McCartney II. I'm going to check it out tonight.

*high

ftfy.

Paul's electronic phase is actually patrician as fuck.

Ringo, by far had the best and most consistent discography. Plus he's the only living Beatle around. Coincidence? I don't fucking think so

havent listened to much of the beatles/solo stuff since like 2012 when i was absolutely obsessed w/ all of that shit

but mccartney 2 is honestly just banger after banger

i recently got really stoned and listened to Ram and Plastic Ono Band side by side to answer this question for myself. My thinking was basically that obviously John is more personal and emotional I guess like he's trying to work through some shit for himself and wants you to relate to it where as Paul is literally just trying to make you happy and get himself off you know by rocking his balls off. Ram feels better to listen to and POB is more pretentious but ultimately I think it's mood. Like if I'm really in the mood for something like POB then Ram will feel ignorant and stupid and I'm just like fuck you Paul not everything is so peachy, but if I'm in the mood for Ram, POB will feel indulgent, whiny, and ego-maniacal.

i think I like POB more though because I'm more of a John person at the end of the day. Ram is amazing though and arguably a more selfless caring album. Like how people say Paul is the more mature choice for favorite Beatle and John is like very teenaged. I get that.

fireman is mint

>make the best beatles solo album - check
>make two of the best beatles solo singles - check
>make one of the best live albums ever whilst simultaneously inventing the charity concert - check
>get called a pseud/contrarian by some anonymous nobodies on a cambodian taxidermy board 15 years after dying - check

Please Please Me - 6/10
With the Beatles - 6/10
A Hard Day's Night - 7/10
Beatles for Sale - 5/10
Help! - 9/10
Rubber Soul - 8/10
Revolver - 8/10
Sgt. Pepper - 7/10
Magical Mystery Tour - 10/10
white album - 8/10
Abbey Road - 9/10
Let It Be - 8/10 (Naked - 10/10)