I've lost all faith in MSM. does Sup Forums at least like this album?

i've lost all faith in MSM. does Sup Forums at least like this album?

to me it's at least an 8/10, would be 10/10 if Lonely Soul and The Law were cut entirely.

Hip hop is lazy music made by and for unintelligent people

I like it. 7.7/10

That applies to all music. It's almost as bad as videogames.

>to me it's at least an 8/10

It's like listening to mixed with Slate mixed with WE WUZ KANGZ

4.4 is too high. It's a 3.3.

>I think the american flag was designed by fags

Fantastic Ab-Soul tell us more.

Ab-soul is terrible lmao I've been saying this since control system

No, hip hop in particular is lazier than most forms of popular music.

i don't understand why everyone gets hung up on that line lol. he was talking about women being mistreated through history...i think the american flag was designed by fags. is this really the state of things where anything that isn't explicit SJW food is just instantly blacklisted

>"."
Oh shit guys he's serious

it's not though.

all music is fucking lazy now lmao

>e-every m-music is easy to make and sucks except the one i like

nah all pop music is shit. so is avant garde.

Great music is still being made today, don't be a fag

Because its a stupid line. the flag was designed by a woman.

true but i don't think he literally meant the flag i just think he was trying to say the country was rigged in favor of men. the flag is a symbol of the country. idk. it's not a great line but i do think it's funny enough to justify how much of a reach it is lol

My friend is a writer at Pitchfork. He kept talking a lot about how much he loved this album recently when we met - so this isn't reflective of the Pitchfork opinion as a whole; just that specific writers opinion - same as the rest of their review pieces.

It was pretty good.

Then again, I met Kendrick and Q's publicist recently and he hated Ab and considered him a stain on his reputation, so I guess opinion is split even in their own camp.

>nah all pop music is shit. so is avant garde.
quite a leap there

literally what
tell your friend to listen to better music

no, ab-soul is just a dummy making music for dummies who are slightly too self aware to be listening to hopsin and the like

? i dunno i think you're oversimplifying it. part of why i like the album is how he consistently contradicts himself throughout, its music and it has this confused emotional vibe to it that i enjoy. he made a dumb joke about gays, if that automatically qualifies the entire album as a lowbrow affair then fair enough

real ass MFs are always hated by people who are trying to make money

everyone knows that. I think he just said it for shock value. That line made me chuckle a little bit just because of how ridiculous it was, which I think was the reaction he was trying to get.

I thought it was pretty good but the second half of the album was definitely a lot weaker. I think a few tracks could have been cut near the end. Definitely not a 4.4, I'd give it a decent to strong 6.

I think Control System is one of the best hip hop albums of the decade, These Days was a letdown but still had some great songs.

I've fallen in love with Ab-Soul's personality on his past albums, so I'm willing to forgive him for all the stupid shit he says here and there on DWTW

It's total garbage.. So disappointed in what he has out out after Control Systems..

Pleb nigger detected.

not the same guy as the dude you're arguing with but rap is easily one of the laziest genres. Steal other people hooks put them in a beat, rap about some overdone topic "Dude lmao struggles of niggers" repeat. Avant garde at least actually tries to do something new I bet you can't name 1 rap albums that had a similar affect the as TVU & Nico had on music.

It will be years before the dust settles and only the good music remains. This easily the best time to be into music though, we can look at all the great music of the past.

fuck off dad i'm trying to talk to my friends

why do y'all think it's trash tho if it went straight from DRUGS to YMF it would be a flawless record

>YAAAAAAHHHHH

i feel like it's a perception issue

ab soul being TDE people will compare it to to pimp a butterfly and be disappointed when it's more in the same lane as zelooperz or danny brown

whereas gucci you know what you're getting no one is expecting good kid maad city out of gucci mane

If a low rating to a fucking Ab-Soul album is what killed your faith in MSM then brother you have bigger problems

Shut the fuck up This album was GARBAGE.

I'M ACTUALLY A SOULO FAN. I'VE HEARD LONGTERM 1 AND 2

THIS ALBUM IS TRASH STOP KIDDING YOURSELVES.

HOW DO YOU EXCUSE THE FLOW ON EVIL GENIUSES? HOW DO YOU EXCUSES THE CORNIEST SONGS OF THE YEAR; WIFEY VS WIFI, WOMANOGAMY, THREATENING NATURE

HE'S LITERALLY ON HIS FEMININE RAP
THERE'S A SONG CALLED GOD'S A GIRL

SO NO. NIGGA. THIS ALBUM DOES NOT DESERVE A 10/10 KILL YOURSELF YOU ABSOLUTE MONGOLOID

>so this isn't reflective of the Pitchfork opinion as a whole

....None of the reviews are...Pitchfork isn't a hivemind or where everyone gives their two cents.

It's just a collective of individual journalists who likely don't ever see/talk to eachother

>10/10 if Lonely Soul and The Law were cut entirely.
>The only redeeming song next to drugs on the ENTIRE 2nd half of the album
Eliminate yourself you're m aking me so god damned triggered holy shit

I get what you're trying to say, but i don't know if i'd use the word 'lazy'.
Hip hop is different because most rappers are given well-made beats by their producers and then have to write words over it, which is much less work than like a jazz/blues musician who writes his own music and lyrics.

That being said, i do have respect for some rappers (ie Kendrick) who actually work to produce and edit the instrumentals and song format as opposed to drake who is given a cookie-cutter song and lyrics and just has to show up.

>hopsin
you can't be serious

he's not.